Sonic Electronix

Who said I had to have a loud substage all the time?

Why can't I have good SQ at reasonable levels, then still have loudness when I want it?

Sure the SQ will suffer when I want it to be loud, I'm not as worried about having perfect SQ when that happens.

Your missing the point.

I want both. Not at the same time. I stated that in the first post, just didn't spell it out. I figured people would have common sense.

should be "you're"

you can have whatever you want. idk why you feel you have to announce it to everyone. seems like a "i want attention post"

Is that the only thing you can argue in my post? I'm sure if I combed through your post I could find a error.

And so now, I can't make a topic on a public forum and discuss it?

So everybody that posts threads are attention whores?

Yeah, if you say.

no not everyone. just you.

you see you made a point to try and tell everyone what SQL should be considered. i just made a counter point that i do not agree with your idea. it is called a discussion, get it?

like i said earlier call it whatever the hell you want but do not try to make it a standard. it's pointless

I said in my first post nobody had to agree.

I was thinking and figured I would share.

I'm not asking everybody to use SQL as what I described it.

I'm just plainly saying, SQL can make sense. That's one reason why I put SQ(L). Its separate. You can't have both at the same time, but it is possible to have both.

That's my point. SQ(L) can exist.

And if somebody uses the term SQL and then briefly describe what they mean by that. It is ok to use the term, if they understand what they are saying.

It also really depends on what you are going to do with your system, if you are competing in SQ then no, your vehicle won't be able to play loud. If you don't compete, you can set it up to be loud and somewhat "SQ" sounding also.

F150:

Stock :(

2019 Harley Road Glide:

Amp: TM400Xad - 4 channel 400 watt

Processor: DSR1

Fairing (Front) 6.5s -MMats PA601cx

Lid (Rear) 6x9s -  TMS69

I'm just plainly saying, SQL can make sense. That's one reason why I put SQ(L). Its separate. You can't have both at the same time, but it is possible to have both.

And if somebody uses the term SQL and then briefly describe what they mean by that. It is ok to use the term, if they understand what they are saying.

you are still trying to argue how the term can be universally used but whatever. use your terminology. just do not get angry when someone says there is no such thing as SQL or in your case SQ(L)

-Matt

2005 Dodge Magnum RT
JVC KD-AVX1

2 PPI S580.2

Obsidian Audio ST1 Horn Tweeters

PRV 8MB450s

Audio Legion 3500.1D

2 RE MT 18s

360 ah LiFePO4 Battery
SHCA 2/0

155.2 @ 29 hz

Kicker CVR 15's build
DD 3512e build
Mini T-Line Build
(6) 8s Build
Nightshade 15s Wall Build
Magnum AB XFL 12s Build
Newest Magnum Build

It also really depends on what you are going to do with your system, if you are competing in SQ then no, your vehicle won't be able to play loud. If you don't compete, you can set it up to be loud and somewhat "SQ" sounding also.

I'm not going to compete in a SQ class.

And I'm not asking for a 100% flat response. (As my tastes like something else). But it will be able to be EQed to be close to flat when I option to.

I do want the proper frontstage imaging.

Mostly your imaging goes out the window with loudness.

I thought sql was sound quality lvl.. Just as spl is sound pressure level.. Or SQL Sound QuaLity... w/e lol

2006 Nissan Z Track.

My Feedback Thread

2nqd37b.png

DCSig.jpg

i used to think a band pass was something you were around your neck or something.

you are still trying to argue how the term can be universally used but whatever. use your terminology. just do not get angry when someone says there is no such thing as SQL or in your case SQ(L)

Honestly SQ shouldn't be used either, as most people have no idea what it actually is.

People use it as it doesn't distort or have a poor response as SQ. Which is no where near SQ.

I'm not going to compete in a SQ class.

And I'm not asking for a 100% flat response. (As my tastes like something else). But it will be able to be EQed to be close to flat when I option to.

I do want the proper frontstage imaging.

Mostly your imaging goes out the window with loudness.

true imagine goes real fast. however so does the frequency response, the extra coloration speakers add to the sound when playing loud, all the extra system noise from high power amps. There is lots of talk about imaging and EQ, but if that is all there was to a SQ install then lots of people would have loud and SQ at the same time.

F150:

Stock :(

2019 Harley Road Glide:

Amp: TM400Xad - 4 channel 400 watt

Processor: DSR1

Fairing (Front) 6.5s -MMats PA601cx

Lid (Rear) 6x9s -  TMS69

sql is a term made because people think sq systems can't be loud because they don't build pressure like spl systems do. that is just s myth though, you can get plenty of those cars loud enough to be uncomfortable

mcintoshsigz.png

previously known as wenn_du_weinst aka fucking internet coward supreme.  I talk shit on other forums like a little bitch and hope i don't get caught out on the street.  

Archived