Second Skin Audio

$5k tahoe build

The XXXs are nice. I don't know exactly what a TSNS cost, but if it's less than the XXX, I'd get two of those or the DC Level 5s. I think you'd be happier with either of those last two subs.

Like was said, though, if you get a couple TSNSs, it'll be high to give them both the power they want. You'd be looking at 10k.

Also, if you're looking to stay with RE, I'd recommend the MT over the XXX anyway. They're pretty beasty.

all the subs you listed do totally different things...

the tsns and xxx are to closest in sound but the tsns will put out more.

mt and lvl5 get loud when you put the power to it but no way in hell do they get as deep as the xxx.

if your sticking with the xxx they wont take more than 4k each and they just wake up at 2k each imo.

• Replies 23
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The XXXs are nice. I don't know exactly what a TSNS cost, but if it's less than the XXX, I'd get two of those or the DC Level 5s. I think you'd be happier with either of those last two subs.

Like was said, though, if you get a couple TSNSs, it'll be high to give them both the power they want. You'd be looking at 10k.

Also, if you're looking to stay with RE, I'd recommend the MT over the XXX anyway. They're pretty beasty.

mt and lvl5 get loud when you put the power to it but no way in hell do they get as deep as the xxx.

if your sticking with the xxx they wont take more than 4k each and they just wake up at 2k each imo.

And if you get XXX subs, make sure your car is running or you might blow the sub :lol:

And if you get XXX subs, make sure your car is running or you might blow the sub :lol:

oh yeah??? yes the xxx does not take clipped signals well at all!!! ive never seen so much smoke poof out of a box like the xxx does.

as for the dude about cone area. that 1 xxx felt like it moved more air on the lows than 4 lvl5s both set ups ive ran are on the smaller side of enclosures.