Second Skin Audio

whats the first sub you ever owned

bass_stalker

My first woofer was a 10" American Precess, APBP-10, not even made any more, lol. 700 watts max, powered by a Pyramid amp. Got it from a liquidation store I think. Built a ported box for it, and put it in my mom's car. I was maybe all of 13. Actually sounded descent, and me and my friends thought it was loud, haha. It was like 10 years ago, before I even had my own ride. But I was fascinated with car audio, and had a lot of fun with that one ten.

• Replies 247
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Damn I feel so young compared to the rest of you guys! My first sub was a 12" Fi Q off a Planet Audio 1000w rms amp. I actually got into Fi first after coming across Steve's youtube channel back when he had the old MT's then the first gen BTL's lol. Then got 2 15" Soundsplinter RL-p's and now my 2 18" DC Audio XL's. I never thought I'd ever upgrade from a single 12. Started off in a sealed box, then I made a ported box and then became addicted lol

2004 Chevy Trailblazer:

Deck: Pioneer Premier DEH-P980BT

Mids: 4 Selenium 6W4P's

Highs: 2 AQ Tweeter's + 2 Crescendo Tweeters + 2 Power Acoustik NX-5 Bullet Tweeters

Highs Amp: MB Quart Onyx 4.125

Bass: 2 18" DC Audio XL's <-- Soon to be 8 Sundown SA-12's

Box: 13.37 Cu Ft @ 35 Hz with 3 8" sonotubes

Bass amps: Crescendo BC3500 @ .5 ohms (2nd one coming soon)

325a Singer Alt! 375a at 16+ volts!

2 XS Power D1400's

www.youtube.com/user/phukudmss

A crunch 10" in a dual 10" bandpass box, blew the second 10" out and didn't have money for a new box at the time lol

DC SOUND LAB NUT HUGGER

Currently Own
4 - 18" lvl 6s (m3) w/full Carbon Fiber option

2 - DC 5k

lvl 4 motor

lvl 2 motor

On 8/2/2013 at 8:13 PM, n8ball2013 said:

this is much worse. Its old n8 without the time or patience to hold fucking hands. I'm supposed to be doing school work but yet here i am making sure jr fuck fuck isn't trying to poke the other kids with a stick.

i first ran a cheap $20 pioneer single 10" 4 ohm 250 rms woofer on a hermosa beach 2 channel 250 rms amp (let the laughing begin) lol

Then got a Kenwood 10" dual 4 woofer that takes 400 rms on a single voice coil

then got a dual 2 ohm kicker cvr 10" woofer (still using it today as my home theater sub with the kenwood 10)

Then got two cheap little 12" fusion reactor subs that take 250w rms each for my car with a fusion reactor amp to match power)

Then two 12" dual 4 ohm kicker cvx's powered on a precision power pc2350 amp

Then my dual 4 ohm kicker solox powered by the ppi 2350 amp and then stetsom 2k6d

now my dual .7 ohm AA SMD sub that im designing a box for this summer.

2004 GMC Envoy1 XS power S3400 batt under the hood and 4 XS Power D3100's battery installed in the rear by the amps0 gauge power wire from front to backAlpine iva-w205 touchscreen dvd/cd/mp3/ipod/am/fm/gps headunitSundown Audio SAX-200.4 amp for my mids and highs8 gauge speaker wire from amp to woofer270 amp Mechman AltRockford Fosgate T1652-s component speakersRockford Fosgate 3Sixty.2 sound processorRca's from Rockford Fosgate and Monster Cable14 gauge speaker wire for the mids and highs1 18" Ascendant Audio SMD Dual 1 ohm with custom Black & Blue carbon fiber and hand signed dustcapBox: 5.66 cubic feet net volume box tuned to 30.13Hz with 1.5" wide wooden dowels and 1.5" thick baffle1 DC Audio 5.0k amp wired to .5 ohms nominal with an imp rise of 1.35 ohms for the single AA SMD 18"Future Vision 8000k 50w bi-xenon projector HID's with 4300k 35w fog lightsLink to my build: Buildupdates/progress

Archived