Sundown Audio

i just wanna ask a Q.....can a re audio SE(the older one - 12 spoke basket) be re-coned by one of the sundown recone kits??

2010 Chevrolet Cruze

Radio --- pioneer mvh-200vbt

Front/back --- alpine type s 6.5"

Sub Control --- Pac LC1

Sub Amp --- GZPA 1.4K

Sub --- GZNW 15XSPL D1

Battery - GZBP 12.2500X

is it possible to recone an sa-12 to a zv2 or zv3?

No, when you recone a woofer all you can change is the size of the woofer. IE you can recone a SA 12 into a SA 15 or vice versa. The sa-8 v1 can be upgraded to a sa-8v1.5 but not the sa-8v2 since its a completely different motor.

When you are doing a recone you are changing the "soft parts" such as the surround, cone, spiders, and coil. At this time you can change to a larger or smaller basket and bolt it to the motor if needed but make sure you order the recone for the new basket size. The motor always stays the same, theres no way to change a 2.5inch coil motor on the sa into a 3inch coil motor of the zv2 or zv3 unless your buying a new motor, which at that point you might as well buy a new sub since companies dont sell just the motors.

is it possible to recone an sa-12 to a zv2 or zv3?

No, when you recone a woofer all you can change is the size of the woofer. IE you can recone a SA 12 into a SA 15 or vice versa. The sa-8 v1 can be upgraded to a sa-8v1.5 but not the sa-8v2 since its a completely different motor.

When you are doing a recone you are changing the "soft parts" such as the surround, cone, spiders, and coil. At this time you can change to a larger or smaller basket and bolt it to the motor if needed but make sure you order the recone for the new basket size. The motor always stays the same, theres no way to change a 2.5inch coil motor on the sa into a 3inch coil motor of the zv2 or zv3 unless your buying a new motor, which at that point you might as well buy a new sub since companies dont sell just the motors.

ok thank for clarifying!

• Like (+1 Rep) 1

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Nothing to see here... Just a post to follow this topic

Working on my 93' Ford Bronco rebuild:

I have:
pioneer AVH-P6500
Infinity Reference 6032SI fronts
Infinity Reference 6832CF Rears

Crescendo CZ 6.5 kicks

Crescendo 1100.4

(2) DC Audio LvL 4 M2's

(1) Juicebox Blackcherry
Piece together amps & wiring

Bout to get:
Crescendo Amps

Crescendo Mids

Crescendo Tweets

Sky High Car Audio Wire

Rockford Fosgate 360.2 or .3

My Build

http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/97426-93-ford-bronco-rebuild-full-system-body-paint/

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...

WHAT IS THE LABOR CHARGE TO RECONE A SA8 V1? SHIPPING CHARGE TO SHIP TO NJ?

If we put a re-cone in for you it is $10 -- there would be further charges for cleaning a basket as well if the basket is not clean.

- Jacob Fuller

- Owner, Sundown Audio

- Sundown Audio on FACEBOOK

- Please DO NOT PM ME -- use my email address -- [email protected]

Banner_468x60.jpg