Mechman Alternators

highest voltage

thats ok. dont go any higher

If I answered you in a well mannered, informative way, you asked a good question or had a good attitude. If I was an asshole, you asked a stupid question or you had a fucktard attitude... or I was in a bad mood.

Team BassickHU: Pioneer AVIC Z110Front: Peerless SLS 6.5", Peerless HDS 4", Rainbow tweeter - running activeAmp: JL HD600/4 and DC 4 channel (bridged to midbass)Processor: JBL MS-8Subs: 2x 12" AA MayhemsAmp: DC 3kElectrical: DC power 270xp alt. 1/0 big 4. XSpower D3400 and six D680s.

http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/121795-29-update-the-buick-is-getting-a-rebuild/

Top career scores: DBdrag 151.7 MECA SQ 82.25My SOTM build

Yeah. im pretty sure they dont warranty retarded people.

I have the adjustable voltage boost module and have agm batteries, I had called mechman and he said that was a bit high for my batteries and I should lower it.At the bottom of paper work it says,

Maximum battery voltage levels for most manufactuers:

12 volt battery: 14.9 volts

14 volt battery: 16.5 volts

16 volt battery: 19.0 volts

On paperwork for xspower batteries they say not to charge them at 15 volts longer than 5 minutes.

Sorry if I am answering in wrong area but I am wondering the same thing on my alternator.

Do you make adjustments at start up while engine is cold or wait until engine warms up to set voltage at 1000rpm?

Once again sorry for my 2 cents.

VbjgkeI.jpg

c7HmdKx.jpg

voltage will drop as the alt gets warm so if its set to 15.1v itll drop down to or below 14.9

If I answered you in a well mannered, informative way, you asked a good question or had a good attitude. If I was an asshole, you asked a stupid question or you had a fucktard attitude... or I was in a bad mood.

Team BassickHU: Pioneer AVIC Z110Front: Peerless SLS 6.5", Peerless HDS 4", Rainbow tweeter - running activeAmp: JL HD600/4 and DC 4 channel (bridged to midbass)Processor: JBL MS-8Subs: 2x 12" AA MayhemsAmp: DC 3kElectrical: DC power 270xp alt. 1/0 big 4. XSpower D3400 and six D680s.

http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/121795-29-update-the-buick-is-getting-a-rebuild/

Top career scores: DBdrag 151.7 MECA SQ 82.25My SOTM build

Yeah. im pretty sure they dont warranty retarded people.

mine stays around 15.1 if i let it run for awile it will drop to 14.9 was wondering if adding more batteries will lower this cause atm i only have 2 hooked up i have 2 more to add will more of a draw lower the voltage or will the alt still be putting out the same hate to lower it now then have to raise it back when i get other batteries installed

I ran my kinetiks @ 15 volts and they bulged out, the one under the hood cracked and started expelling what smelled to be sulphur gases through the ventilation system. Made it very unjoyable to drive, along with it probably hurting my electrical.

But then again, I ran kinetik. Xs is different, but I would just play it safe if I were you.. You won't notice any difference between 14.5 and 15, especially if your voltage drops down to 14.5 or more @ full tilt. Just my opinion.

wizv.jpg

200a alt. by Excessive Amperage

hc800 under hood & 2 Deka 9a31 in rear

1/0awg + big 3

SAZ 3000D

HDC3 18" @ 2 ohm

OP I don't know exactly if your batteries are AGM but if they are I wouldassume the rules that xspower have on charging their batteries would apply to AGM batteries in general. The paperwork with xspower says not to charge there batteries at 15v longer than 5 minutes. I set my boost module to 14.9 at startup but even 20min highway drive it goes to 15v. I love how well the alt worksjust have to fine tune voltage boost module. I would try 14.5v for a week.

VbjgkeI.jpg

c7HmdKx.jpg