Sonic Electronix

Is Sundown that much better than other sub's.

I was wondering, is Sundown (SA-12's) That much better then lets say, some Kicker's? Or JL? Like, is it really worth the extra money instead of getting Some Kickers or something? I'm going to be buying an AQ2200D. I'm just wondering, cause I've heard some kickers that can get loud and their cheaper than SA-12's. I was just wondering if Sundown is that much better, that's all. Any feedback?

MOB-MOBILE: 2005 Honda Accord 5-Speed System: (1) Sundown Audio SA-15 (1) MB Quart ONX1.1500D (1) Kenwood KDC-248U

Speakers:

-Rear Dash: (2) Clarion SRQ6932R 6x9's SOLD

New MOB-MOBILE:

2011 G37S Sedan

System:
TBD

Instagram (18+) : DabsWitaBudget415

ive never used sundown but ive used kicker, personally i prefer sundown, as a brand, i have seen a single 12 hit a 150 on the TL, i know thats based on lots of factors and its not the only 12 that could prolly do that, but its a contributing factor to sundowns rep

I have a pair of SA-12's and was blown away at how loud and clean they sounded, they are overbuilt and underrated and in my opinion there isn't another sub under $200 that can beat them.

Alpine CDA-117...Memphis 16-X03

CDT Audio SQA-4100...SEAS Prestige H1396...Crescendo MP-6

Soundstream Rubicon 1.2500d...Digital Designs 3512f

ive never used sundown but ive used kicker, personally i prefer sundown, as a brand, i have seen a single 12 hit a 150 on the TL, i know thats based on lots of factors and its not the only 12 that could prolly do that, but its a contributing factor to sundowns rep

True I guess. I mean, its just, if Kicker's can do the same as a Sundown, why spend the more money. That's all. I'm only considering this fact because I'm a teenager and I don't have a job and all the money I have that is going towards my system is from savings. That's all.

MOB-MOBILE: 2005 Honda Accord 5-Speed System: (1) Sundown Audio SA-15 (1) MB Quart ONX1.1500D (1) Kenwood KDC-248U

Speakers:

New MOB-MOBILE:

2011 G37S Sedan

System:
TBD

I have a pair of SA-12's and was blown away at how loud and clean they sounded, they are overbuilt and underrated and in my opinion there isn't another sub under $200 that can beat them.

Well, looks like I'm getting the sundown still. Thanks man

Speakers:

New MOB-MOBILE:

2011 G37S Sedan

System:
TBD

to coin an old saying, you get what you pay for, this is true to almost every extent, true some brands do charge a lot more than they should, but many of the brands like fi, sundown, dc, etc you truly get what you pay for and more

needless to say, you would most likely be more satisfied with a sundown over the kicker even if you had to save up for it and the fact that sundown is underrated and kicker is prolly rated close to right or over, u nless oyu get the expensive solo baric which still id go sundown over that

i was heavily looking into sundown subs before i settled on T3 audio for my subs (dont start t3 and sundown comparisons please)

im not sure if there is any reason to say they are better or worse as a whole... sundowns sa series from my experience is a jack of all traits... its got the power handling and cooling capabilities of woofers much larger than them. ive had a pair of the 12's on an aq2200d for almost 6 months, and they do not even get warm... they sound fantastic, they get low, and the get damn loud... its the ultimate daily woofer

since you mentioned it...IMPO, the sundown SA series will shit all over Any kicker woofer accept the solo x's.... the cvx is a good contender, but i believe in the proper enclosure the sa woofer will dominate... and well the sa vs. solobaric... solobaric may get louder but the sa will sound and smell better..

http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/79921-rogers-700-dream-car-update-page-17-a-wall/?p=2335774

93 Saturn SC2My system4 SA-15's Walled

2 Cerwin-Vega S2000's

3 Kinetik Hc2000's

Dual 200amp alts.

you guys done with the peepee touching contest or do I need to end it?

In my jeep I have run sevral different sub setups....Currently a pair of SA-12s in a slot ported box i built.....before that was a single JL 12w3 in a JL slot ported enclosure....the JL sounded good and took a decent beating and i was impressed by it until i puled it out and stuck a sundown SA-12 in the same box....instant huge improvement.....then when i finished my current box for the 2 12s i couldnt believe how good they sound....so IMHO yes the SA-12s are a great woofer.....especially for the price....my .02 :good:

also FYI my current box is common chamber 3.6ft tuned to 33hz and i love it.....

The only reason why I asked was because, the only subs I've heard were mostly Kickers. This ranged from 1 12" Kicker, to 2 12" Kickers claiming to run 5000 watts (Sounds like 1500-2000), and to 2 15" Kickers running 2.6k watts. I mean, they all sound fine, but maybe that's because I haven't heard any fantastic subs like Sundown or DC.

Speakers:

New MOB-MOBILE:

2011 G37S Sedan

System:
TBD