Sonic Electronix

Is Sundown that much better than other sub's.

• 10 years later...
On 2/27/2011 at 1:06 AM, RyanJ said:

I was wondering, is Sundown (SA-12's) That much better then lets say, some Kicker's? Or JL? Like, is it really worth the extra money instead of getting Some Kickers or something? I'm going to be buying an AQ2200D. I'm just wondering, cause I've heard some kickers that can get loud and their cheaper than SA-12's. I was just wondering if Sundown is that much better, that's all. Any feedback?

Yes Sundown is that much better than Kicker or almost any other sub on the market. To be absolutely honest, Kicker sucks. If you have the money and you can afford it, buy the Sundown. There is no comparison as the Sundowns are  MUCH better subs than any Kicker at any price. I have had JLs, Cerwin Vegas, SKAR Audio Pipe and several other brands and after all is,said and done, what do I have now and will always have??? Yep, SUNDOWN. Worth every penny. Its like comparing a Klipsch to a Jensen. Worlds apart.

I have 2 sundown sa v2 d4's on a 3500 rms amplifier 

06 Charger

Pioneer double din

Pioneer 6.5 and 6×9's

Knukoncept Krystal kable rca's

0 ga knukoncept kolossus wire 

Big 3 same wire ^ 1 run 

8g karma ss speaker wire

Sundown sia 3500d at 1ohm

2 Sundown U series 12's

Duralast platinum agm H7 (Main)

Xs power d3400

Trying to find a ho alt

Kicker is entering the market with something to try & compete but that won't be until next year with their L7X. There's no saying how it'll do but they have the necessary R&D $/team to make something good. 

There's nothing wrong with Kicker, they make decent amps and their mids and subs are pretty good for the price too. They have products at multiple price points and you tend to get your $ worth regardless of your selection. I've made some systems sound great with Kicker subs, many with 8" CompR's but they've never compared to either of the SA-8 builds I did. I already have a guy wanting to do a 15" L7X build so I'll have my hands on those to try early on

Edited by CorNut

Okay, so I'm replying to the last two posts, which were started during "this decade" :) lol But do they realize this thread was started 10 years ago ? Anyway, people used to always ask me shit like.... "Hey, I got this Shimano real for $10. Are Shimano reels any good" ? Answer > Shimano makes everything from cheap little pieces of crap, that are not worth their weight in dirt, all the way up to totally bad ass, silky smooth, ultra precise pieces of high tech machinery".... and everything in between. So, does Shimano make good reels ? Hell yes ! But the one you got is a total POS :) lol

Subwoofers are kind of the same thing. Most of the big names make some rinky dink entry level stuff too.

• Haha (+1 Rep) 1

2 hours ago, Fish Chris said:

Okay, so I'm replying to the last two posts, which were started during "this decade" :) lol But do they realize this thread was started 10 years ago ? Anyway, people used to always ask me shit like.... "Hey, I got this Shimano real for $10. Are Shimano reels any good" ? Answer > Shimano makes everything from cheap little pieces of crap, that are not worth their weight in dirt, all the way up to totally bad ass, silky smooth, ultra precise pieces of high tech machinery".... and everything in between. So, does Shimano make good reels ? Hell yes ! But the one you got is a total POS :) lol

Subwoofers are kind of the same thing. Most of the big names make some rinky dink entry level stuff too.

They? I didn't revive it. I responded to a post at the top of recent posts/topics Mr holier than thou, stfu

I didn't revive this shit either dipshit  

• Like (+1 Rep) 1

06 Charger

Pioneer double din

Pioneer 6.5 and 6×9's

Knukoncept Krystal kable rca's

0 ga knukoncept kolossus wire 

Big 3 same wire ^ 1 run 

8g karma ss speaker wire

Sundown sia 3500d at 1ohm

2 Sundown U series 12's

Duralast platinum agm H7 (Main)

Xs power d3400

Trying to find a ho alt

Play nice or you're all going in gay baby jail. There will not be another warning