Sonic Electronix

I went to the shop they tune my shit wrong. Ok they had my boast 35%, gain 45%,sub level on hu +15,subsonic at 40 hz. Before I bring it to the shop I set myI gain 45% LPf 25% subsonic 30hz and phase,boast 0 %.if I turn my subsonic too 0 or 25% will it hit the lows? Box is at 32hz and my friend told me, it will kill the lows if the subsonic 0%. What y'all guys think??

Edited by Brenton1

whatever your tryin to say.. say it in complete sentences. this is very hard to read. only thing i understand is that ur settings were tuned incorrectly

he wouldnt be the first to say they did a 167 with a system like that (one that clearly DOESNT), but i have to say, he didnt beat me anywhere, ive never competed against the guy. If he thinks his does a 167, mine would probably put him in a coma. :hairtrick:

Im working on understanding exactly what you are asking.....

First off you dont look at any of the filters/gain as percentages. Your subsonic filter should be set at about 28hz and your low pass should be about 75hz. Your HU should be tuned with an Oscope properly to not send a clipped signal to the amp through the RCAs. Your gain should be set with an Oscope as well to match your RCA input voltage. THE GAIN IS NOT A VOLUME KNOB!!!!!

You dont just turn the gain and bass boost knobs up to half way, thats not how it works. The gains and bass boost knobs are meant to set the amp to match the voltage input from the RCAs. When you see an amps sensitivity rating of 200mv-6v, that means that if the rca voltage is 6v then you DONT NEED ANY GAIN. The gain knob is ONLY meant to match the RCA input voltage.

I suggest finding someone on here that is close to you that knows how to properly tune a system and ask for help.

Im working on understanding exactly what you are asking.....

First off you dont look at any of the filters/gain as percentages. Your subsonic filter should be set at about 28hz and your low pass should be about 75hz. Your HU should be tuned with an Oscope properly to not send a clipped signal to the amp through the RCAs. Your gain should be set with an Oscope as well to match your RCA input voltage. THE GAIN IS NOT A VOLUME KNOB!!!!!

You dont just turn the gain and bass boost knobs up to half way, thats not how it works. The gains and bass boost knobs are meant to set the amp to match the voltage input from the RCAs. When you see an amps sensitivity rating of 200mv-6v, that means that if the rca voltage is 6v then you DONT NEED ANY GAIN. The gain knob is ONLY meant to match the RCA input voltage.

I suggest finding someone on here that is close to you that knows how to properly tune a system and ask for help.

My RCA is 6v cause I have a alpine processor too.. I turn my gain 45% and my subfilter to ya 28-30hz and LPF like 25%. Hu sublevel like 0 be ok? It goes to 15 and no one had a oscope

damn i wish rf and steve would come out with that thing so we can help these people out with setting stuff and ied like to set mine but i aint got an oscope so i just do the best i can atm

with 6.5v preouts would that be at full gain on the headunit for like front and rear rcas or i dunno, i'll just wait till the smd clean tester thingy is out

here's a link to my system 99 toyota tacoma , 2 mtx 8000 1504's in a sealed downfire , 1000w memphis amp

here's a link to my other system my 90 geo prizm test car

heres a thread i got of new songs u can dl that are legal = Some Good Bangage/you Can Dl These Free And Legit

redblob.gifbouncing%20blob.gif2yooj7m.pngmodel14.gif

My cd player put out 6V so ur saying my gain should be 0? Cause my amp getting 6V threw my RCA

my headunit has gains built in for every rca output, not just sub, i dunno how the new alpine stuff works but mines an oldschool pioneer deck with digital xover kinda like a 360 or imprint type deal

sorry if u miss understood

here's a link to my system 99 toyota tacoma , 2 mtx 8000 1504's in a sealed downfire , 1000w memphis amp

here's a link to my other system my 90 geo prizm test car

heres a thread i got of new songs u can dl that are legal = Some Good Bangage/you Can Dl These Free And Legit

redblob.gifbouncing%20blob.gif2yooj7m.pngmodel14.gif

My cd player put out 6V so ur saying my gain should be 0? Cause my amp getting 6V threw my RCA

my headunit has gains built in for every rca output, not just sub, i dunno how the new alpine stuff works but mines an oldschool pioneer deck with digital xover kinda like a 360 or imprint type deal

sorry if u miss understood

Naw ur ok. I have a alpine imprint too with my alpine cda-105 so my amp get 6V threw RCA. I was going to turn my gain up to bout 45% up with my subsonic at 30hz or 28 hz.