Sonic Electronix

My cd player put out 6V so ur saying my gain should be 0? Cause my amp getting 6V threw my RCA

my headunit has gains built in for every rca output, not just sub, i dunno how the new alpine stuff works but mines an oldschool pioneer deck with digital xover kinda like a 360 or imprint type deal

sorry if u miss understood

Naw ur ok. I have a alpine imprint too with my alpine cda-105 so my amp get 6V threw RCA. I was going to turn my gain up to bout 45% up with my subsonic at 30hz or 28 hz.

Alpine Imprint only has 4v preouts, just saying. You are not getting 6v out of it.

97 Maxima SE

Bunch of shit going in, check out the build

alpine_logo.jpgSundown_Banner.jpgxspower.png

My cd player put out 6V so ur saying my gain should be 0? Cause my amp getting 6V threw my RCA

my headunit has gains built in for every rca output, not just sub, i dunno how the new alpine stuff works but mines an oldschool pioneer deck with digital xover kinda like a 360 or imprint type deal

Naw ur ok. I have a alpine imprint too with my alpine cda-105 so my amp get 6V threw RCA. I was going to turn my gain up to bout 45% up with my subsonic at 30hz or 28 hz.

Alpine Imprint only has 4v preouts, just saying. You are not getting 6v out of it.

My alpine hu put out 2V so total of 6V.

Forget the pre-out Voltage...

I've just one easy question:

Why do you think they tuned your amplifier wrong?

generalbunkersignature2.jpg

______Some people and performances are beyond words______

Chairman of the foundation "Propper-Droppers Holland" 2012

Founder of the European delegation of `Propper-Droppers' 2011

Dutch Champion EMMA SQ MultiMedia advanced 2010

European Champion EMMA SQ experienced 5 channel 2007

Dutch Champion EMMA SQ experienced 5 channel 2007

BeNeLux vice Champion dB-drag street-A 2007

Dutch vice Champion dB-drag ministreet-sedan 2004

Propper Droppers is about deep, ground wobbling, elephant-and-whale stimulating Street Bass.

The deep stuff. We test at different frequencies from deep, to low to snake’s belly. (Like 20Hz anyone?)

It doesn't work that way.

Couple of questions for you.

1. The 2v Preouts are referring to the RCA connections, not the AiNET connection. Are you connecting the Imprint to the RCA's on your headunit for some reason or are you using the AiNET connection?

2. Even if you were connecting to the 2V preouts, you don't just add up the voltages. Whatever the preout voltage on your processor is, thats what it is. It doesn't just add together as if they were batteries in series. Its the same as an amplifier. With your logic, your amp will put out more power if it has a higher input signal which is not true.

You have 4v Preouts, not 6v.

97 Maxima SE

It doesn't work that way.

Couple of questions for you.

1. The 2v Preouts are referring to the RCA connections, not the AiNET connection. Are you connecting the Imprint to the RCA's on your headunit for some reason or are you using the AiNET connection?

2. Even if you were connecting to the 2V preouts, you don't just add up the voltages. Whatever the preout voltage on your processor is, thats what it is. It doesn't just add together as if they were batteries in series. Its the same as an amplifier. With your logic, your amp will put out more power if it has a higher input signal which is not true.

You have 4v Preouts, not 6v.

Thanks the damn alpine dealer told me 6V cause of the imprint. Ok so I got 4V ok. And I was gonna buy a 4V line driver but he said the imprint would be way better and u get more eq on ur hu..thanks man ur helping alot.

Do you know how to test to see what you RCA voltage actually is?

How? I have a dmm. Put it on 200V on my dmm?

Depending on your DMM, you want to choose AC Voltage. If it is autoranging, that is all you need. If it is not, choose a setting that is close to but higher than 4v. Put the positive probe on the inside RCA connector and the negative on either ground or the outside connector. Turn the volume up and you should see how high the voltage goes. Now to see clipping, you should really find someone that has an Oscope. Maybe there is an SMD member with one that is near you?

97 Maxima SE

Thank you for ignoring my reply at your openingspost.

generalbunkersignature2.jpg

______Some people and performances are beyond words______

Chairman of the foundation "Propper-Droppers Holland" 2012

Founder of the European delegation of `Propper-Droppers' 2011

Dutch Champion EMMA SQ MultiMedia advanced 2010

European Champion EMMA SQ experienced 5 channel 2007

Dutch Champion EMMA SQ experienced 5 channel 2007

BeNeLux vice Champion dB-drag street-A 2007

Dutch vice Champion dB-drag ministreet-sedan 2004

Propper Droppers is about deep, ground wobbling, elephant-and-whale stimulating Street Bass.

The deep stuff. We test at different frequencies from deep, to low to snake’s belly. (Like 20Hz anyone?)

Do you know how to test to see what you RCA voltage actually is?

How? I have a dmm. Put it on 200V on my dmm?

Depending on your DMM, you want to choose AC Voltage. If it is autoranging, that is all you need. If it is not, choose a setting that is close to but higher than 4v. Put the positive probe on the inside RCA connector and the negative on either ground or the outside connector. Turn the volume up and you should see how high the voltage goes. Now to see clipping, you should really find someone that has an Oscope. Maybe there is an SMD member with one that is near you?

Thanks and I'll do that soon as I get home.. Tell u the results and I'm put my sub level at 0 the shop had it at +15. I'm be safe and tune my amp like my buddy Andrew Bailey said he good about audio. I'm buy one. Were can I find one and what kind I need? What price I'm looking at? Thinks.