Sundown Audio

Your first amplifier - what was it?

meade916

I had a 600 watt amp from pyramid, not sure of the model #. I then had amps from boss, jensen and kenwood I think before buying a punch 125.2 back in '98. I loved that amp and I think I had the rf xlc 12 in subs?? Not sure.

I had two first amps as i bought them at the same time.

One was a Sony Xplod XM-255EX

71032cb2c9154f1287a754551e511bc6.jpg

I think it only lasted a few weeks before it died.

The other was a Alpine MRD M300

474.jpg

Loved this thing, it was unbelievably cool with its display and buttons that you press to set it up, but that also meant it was a bit confusing at times to work out how to do some of the settings.

My first amp was a Bazooka 250. This amp had an option to be water cooled. I had it installed by a professional car audio shop..... they had the gain at MAX because they thought it was a volume knob. Bass boost was on. Bridged to 1 ohm (even though it was 2 ohm stable). You could cook eggs on that thing it got so hot. It never died.. I miss quality of the older gear.

haha mine was a boss se-1100m special edition. never really figured what was so special besides it was black and crome. like u said i had my installed by the "proffesional" shop here and when i looked at it the amp had a 18+ db bass boost that was either on or off, they had it on and gain up all the way. good ol ear-scope i swear they set it at like volume 15 of 32. much past that and it really sounded like shit

bossse1100mtop__55562_thumb.jpg

Edited by jake1993

Jacob Sigmund

1 dc level 4 m1 18

1 audiopipe ap1500

2 runs of knu 1/0

jake1993sig.jpg

Alex Bennington" <[email protected] ^^^ want one one email this guy he will hook you up!

i couldn't even find a picture of it. i barely knew what i was doing back then. it was a kenwood 400 watt, i dont even remember if it what class of amp it was. had it pushin two 8" 'the hot set up' subs in a truck box. good thread idea, brings back memories.

2007 Chevy Silverado Ext Cab

kenwood excelon kdc-x995

4-jl audio tr650-cxi

1-single probox 10" upfire vented enclosure

JL audio 500/1 v1

JL audio jx 360/2

JL audio signal wires

Memphis 4 gauge

Kicker 2 gauge

LA 50 farad capacitor

24" U2 black rims 305/35/24

21e9_c17d-1.jpg

168630haveachancetoownt.jpg

(the pic is not mine) It is an Alpine V12 MRV-1507. I got it from my friend for 15000Php(around $380). It runs 2 10"TypeRs . It still works today, but it is not in a car anymore.

Edited by sound.of.life

IwCCla0.png

1993 Toyota Corolla

:)