Sundown Audio

Your first amplifier - what was it?

meade916

Here is the beast that hooked me on teh power....

1230854815_N3Xwj-M.jpg

That's not mine... mine has long since been traded off for something else but, mine was mounted just like that under the dash of a '70 El Camino SS. It was driving a Cerwin Vega 10" woofer with the groundbreaking new technology called dual voice coils, along with a pair of Kenwood 6X9s, a pair of 6" full range drivers I robbed out of an old Soundesign home stereo system and a pair of Realistic super tweets, all of which were mounted in a wedge box behind the seat.

Being the experimental sort that I was and having heard that a completely sealed enclosure was the best, I painted the cones on the 6" speakers with rubber cement so no air could leak through the paper cones. For a 15 year old kid with no money to spend, I still think it was a decent system, although I'm sure it sounded like shit relative to today's OEM sund systems. :-|.

And the source for this powerhouse was this little gem:

tn_concord.jpg

Traded a Kenwood half din with a digital PLL tuner for this one, because I didn't want to cut the dash on the Camino.

Those were the not so good old days. :-)

EDIT: I just noticed that the pic is a Punch 100. Mine was a Punch 40 but the chassis is the same. I'd have given my left nut for a Punch 100, lol.

Edited by bbeljefe

Facebook: facebook.com/audioanarchyllc

Instagram: audioanarchyllc

Youtube: youtube.com/bbeljefe

aaresizehorizontal_zps47821bb2.jpg

Dunno if I commented on this but I started out with a JL e2150and a JL 8W3V2D4 in a sealed wedge truck box in my 2000 Dodge Dakota....that didn't last long.

$(KGrHqV,!lMFG60jCsGLBR2zMOPLhw~~60_35.J

NoFearX18 said:

Nick will bang just about anything.....LMAO....pun intended

On 4/13/2010 at 9:51 AM, meade916 said:

i was like DAMN, Chode is hardcore! he makes james look like a friendly person LOL!

trainman0978 said:

I dont know who is worse with the buttholes Chode or Big P...

thdsig2_zps7dd050e2.jpg

TDHsig1_zps90d6048b.jpg

Team Deadly Hertz / Team DC Audio / Team XS Power

2010 DC AUDIO MEMBER OF THE YEAR!!!

DuckretaryFEAR THE DUCK Durangho Chodes Blowthrough Build Youtube vids Muh Wife

Need DC Audio? Hit me up for pricing!!!

• 1 year later...

http://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d/B000E432TI?pc_redir=1406967782&robot_redir=1#

Pyramid PB717X 1,000-Watt 2-Channel Bridgeable Amplifier three or four years ago off of amazon before i started researching into everything and upgrading to real power. Someone gave me a JL 12" 300 watt sub and in my single cab truck at the time i thought i struck gold!

Cadence Sweet poison A7000+ 2 feet of beast when you don't wire it to 1 ohm on 4 15s LOL

No 1 But me paid for this stuff and NO FREEBIES so no brand names (No Free Advertisement )

A SQ head unit

6 5.25

2 X 6x9s

P400.4

4001D

1 34s (Maybe time to change brand)

4 X 15" s

!/0 @ 2/0 OFC Wiring

:morepower1: :morepower1: :morepower1: :morepower1:

ill say it like i always say it. F##K the DD-1. I don't care if you or anyone buys one. (well i do, but that isn't my point) Get an O-scope in the very minimum and learn how to use it or you are just guessing your settings like every other noob. :) once you master the O-scope then step up to a DD-1 or even better a DD-1 Plus.

Mine was Kraco 100 wart amp. Me and my brother bought it from Montgomery Ward in 85 or 86. Paid Like $100 Bucks For it.

i love this sh--t man 1966 Ford Fairlane Pioneer prs 80, the big three, with 2 big azz agm batts, dual 270/200 amp alts , two 8'' mids and tweets in the kick( PPI phantom 600.2). two 10''s and tweets in the doors, two 10'' mids and tweets in the rear decK ( Lanar opti 500x2). 2 C2 Audio Threatcon 4 12s on a Crunch GP3000d. No crossover .