Sonic Electronix

you should always tune with the decks bass output ( sub level control not bass tone control!!) maxed out... that is where the decks rca voltage comes in... 15 is 4 volts everything below that is less voltage..

Is this correct^^^I hate to send clip signal to my amp/subs? I have a alpine imprint and alpine dealer put my sublvl 15+ on my alpine cda 105.

Edited by Brenton1

you should always tune with the decks bass output ( sub level control not bass tone control!!) maxed out... that is where the decks rca voltage comes in... 15 is 4 volts everything below that is less voltage..

Is this correct^^^I hate to send clip signal to my amp/subs? I have a alpine imprint and alpine dealer put my sublvl 15+ on my alpine cda 105.

well im guessing he did that so that if you or your friend turned the sub level all the way up then it wouldnt clip.

it is better to have the sub level down and the gain on your amp turned up more...

but if your friend messes with it and turns the sub level up then your system is fucked lol

If it was me, i would oscope my RCA outputs. Look at the wave and look at the voltage. This will show you when you clip your input signals to your amps.

Then scope your outputs on the amp. Again, look at wave, look

At voltage.

2006 F-150

4 DC XL M2 18's Walled Daily Driver

XS Power

4 DC 3.5kw

Team DC

Team S.P.L.

Lot of Audio Technix and 1/0

DC Audio Dealer

American Bass Dealer

XS Power Dealer

Audio Technix Dealer

DWRIGHT-1-1.jpg

well im guessing he did that so that if you or your friend turned the sub level all the way up then it wouldnt clip.

it is better to have the sub level down and the gain on your amp turned up more...

but if your friend messes with it and turns the sub level up then your system is fucked lol

Well my gain half and boast 0 and subsonic30hz and LPf 75hz

Well my gain half and boast 0 and subsonic30hz and LPf 75hz

well you need an oscope like he said to really test it if you dont know what clipping sounds like.

but always keep the bass boost on the amp at 0 lol. bass boost will really make it clip

Ya. Ok. I don't have a o scope. I'll buy one but don't kno were to look for one. And boast always at 0 and gains at little before half

well oscopes get expensive. you might be able to rent one from a autozone or something.

your local parts store.

if you turn your sub level down to the lowest before your subs shut off. you should be able to turn your gain up to somewhere around 3/4.

i would deffinitly get an oscope and read how to use one and test your stuff.

im only 17 and only have a few years of experience so i wouldnt rely on me haha.

if you turn your sub level down to the lowest before your subs shut off. you should be able to turn your gain up to somewhere around 3/4.

No.

Get an oscope if you want to set gains correctly. Its the only way to be 100%.

Edited by That1Kid

-98' Ford Expedition (Rest in Peace)

-AVH-P3300BT

-Crescendo BC5500

-4 18" DC m2 Level 3.