A tribute to my grandfather's skills (lots of pics)

Sorry about your loss, but your grandfather had some crazy skills!

2006 GMC Yukon
Pioneer HU

SHCA ran throughout

Crescendo BC3500

One 18 AA Mayhem in a 4th order

ZED Levithian 6 channel

Rainbow Dual 6.5 comps ran Active
matt142-1-1.jpg
http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/155628-matt14s-yukon-mayhem-in-a-4th-ordernew-amps-and-bats/page-3

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

My grandfather is just like this. He actually won an award as the best woodworker in the state of SC. But unfortunately, this is what he did for a living, so like 90% of his work has been sold for money. Every table, every trim piece, every door, every bed, etc in his house was made by him, but he never did intricate designs in his personal work like your grandfather does. He only put his true talent in things he sold. But now he's gotten to the point where he can barely move out of the house, and I don't think he will be making anything else. But at 81 years old, and 42 of those years he spent in the navy, he's lived a fulfilling life. So unfortunately, I don't have all the beautiful things like you to remember my grandfather once he is gone...so cherish everything you have bro.

mivtCK.png

My grandfather is just like this. He actually won an award as the best woodworker in the state of SC. But unfortunately, this is what he did for a living, so like 90% of his work has been sold for money. Every table, every trim piece, every door, every bed, etc in his house was made by him, but he never did intricate designs in his personal work like your grandfather does. He only put his true talent in things he sold. But now he's gotten to the point where he can barely move out of the house, and I don't think he will be making anything else. But at 81 years old, and 42 of those years he spent in the navy, he's lived a fulfilling life. So unfortunately, I don't have all the beautiful things like you to remember my grandfather once he is gone...so cherish everything you have bro.

I will man. and you should do what i never could. take your grandpa into the shop and have him teach you how to make some of that stuff. that will be a skill you can cherish for your whole life. thats my one regret, never learning from him.

If I answered you in a well mannered, informative way, you asked a good question or had a good attitude. If I was an asshole, you asked a stupid question or you had a fucktard attitude... or I was in a bad mood.

Team BassickHU: Pioneer AVIC Z110Front: Peerless SLS 6.5", Peerless HDS 4", Rainbow tweeter - running activeAmp: JL HD600/4 and DC 4 channel (bridged to midbass)Processor: JBL MS-8Subs: 2x 12" AA MayhemsAmp: DC 3kElectrical: DC power 270xp alt. 1/0 big 4. XSpower D3400 and six D680s.

http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/121795-29-update-the-buick-is-getting-a-rebuild/

Top career scores: DBdrag 151.7 MECA SQ 82.25My SOTM build

Yeah. im pretty sure they dont warranty retarded people.

I will man. and you should do what i never could. take your grandpa into the shop and have him teach you how to make some of that stuff. that will be a skill you can cherish for your whole life. thats my one regret, never learning from him.

He has taught me a good bit of his skills over the years, but he spent a significantly more amount of time with my father. I was too busy running around with women all over the US instead of being home with my family like I should've. But I do go to his shop about once a week, and work in it to make things such as shelving for my house, and things for my car. But the best part is that I have always been the one person in the family that he can trust to take care of his things when he passes away...he said everyone else will sale his things for money. So over the past few years he has paid off his debt, and re-written his will and left the majority of his hobby things, also to include his house, property, and his shop to me...he just made me promise to take care of it. It really hits home with me though because all the things on his property such as the house itself, most of the furniture in his house, his garage, which is huge, and a really elegant patio in the backyard was built by him alone, all by hand. And I could never sell anything that has so much value to me for any amount of money in the world, and he knows that. The things he has may not be as beautiful as the things your grandfather has made in no shape or form, but he did make virtually everything in the house and the house itself.

mivtCK.png

That is some amazing work. I wish I could do things like that some day.

Sorry about your loss man.

TEAM FLEX ISSUES

Car: 1985 Oldsmobile Delta 88 Royal

24" Rims

HU: 7" Carputer, Planet Audio EQ, iPhone.

Coax: T3 Audio 4" speakers

Subs: 2x 18" T3 Audio TSNS (walled)

Sub Amp: DC 9k

SOON TO COME

T3 Audio 6x9s

MB Quarts 6.5" comp set

MAYBE ADDED

2nd DC 9k

damn dude, his work is jaw dropping.

sorry for your loss though.

29408240963_9908a51930_o.png
Best Score to Date : 160.5 dB Outlaw (47Hz)[4 XM 15's & 2 Taramps Bass 12k's]

BL :  http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/147800-chevyboy95s-4-15s-7krms-wall-1533-db-on-half-power/
YouTube: http://www.youtube.com/hitemwiththeflex/

He has taught me a good bit of his skills over the years, but he spent a significantly more amount of time with my father. I was too busy running around with women all over the US instead of being home with my family like I should've. But I do go to his shop about once a week, and work in it to make things such as shelving for my house, and things for my car. But the best part is that I have always been the one person in the family that he can trust to take care of his things when he passes away...he said everyone else will sale his things for money. So over the past few years he has paid off his debt, and re-written his will and left the majority of his hobby things, also to include his house, property, and his shop to me...he just made me promise to take care of it. It really hits home with me though because all the things on his property such as the house itself, most of the furniture in his house, his garage, which is huge, and a really elegant patio in the backyard was built by him alone, all by hand. And I could never sell anything that has so much value to me for any amount of money in the world, and he knows that. The things he has may not be as beautiful as the things your grandfather has made in no shape or form, but he did make virtually everything in the house and the house itself.

I feel the exact same way. I REALLY wanted to buy the house after he passed so I could keep the shop alive and because I knew the new owners would probably throw away a lot of the wood work in the house. But I never found work out in Nebraska. I can't afford it... a lot of his tools will go to auction but I'm making sure we keep what we can. I'm sad that I can't take care of my grandfathers stuff but I am glad that you can take care of yours.

My grandpa didn't build the house with his own hands but he designed it and it was built for him. it sounds like our grandparents really were similar.

If I answered you in a well mannered, informative way, you asked a good question or had a good attitude. If I was an asshole, you asked a stupid question or you had a fucktard attitude... or I was in a bad mood.

Team BassickHU: Pioneer AVIC Z110Front: Peerless SLS 6.5", Peerless HDS 4", Rainbow tweeter - running activeAmp: JL HD600/4 and DC 4 channel (bridged to midbass)Processor: JBL MS-8Subs: 2x 12" AA MayhemsAmp: DC 3kElectrical: DC power 270xp alt. 1/0 big 4. XSpower D3400 and six D680s.

http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/121795-29-update-the-buick-is-getting-a-rebuild/

Top career scores: DBdrag 151.7 MECA SQ 82.25My SOTM build

Yeah. im pretty sure they dont warranty retarded people.

• 1 month later...

Archived