Second Skin Audio

4th order basics

Ok emailed Fi and they say 2 18" Q's with high QTS option will work, but I need to tune to control a peak in the 50-60hz range. I have read that a 45hz tune is low for a 4th order, do I need to tune that low to control the peak? vs say a 55 hz tune.

What do you guys think?

Edited by ptcary

PTCary

2003 SMD PT Cruiser

2011 Honda CBR 250R

2010 Mazda 3i Sport

MY BUILD LOG

How is it to big? I can always build smaller. Fi said it would be fine. Q18"s spec 4 cubes sealed each on the smaller side of their recommendations.

Please elaborate.

Edited by ptcary

PTCary

2003 SMD PT Cruiser

2011 Honda CBR 250R

2010 Mazda 3i Sport

MY BUILD LOG

Ok I have been reading a lot and emailing Fi. I now see that my intended ratio and that large box would have been really peaky - not what I wanted at all. So thanks for steering me into more reading. Think I am on the right track now, just have to play with the calculators some more.

PTCary

2003 SMD PT Cruiser

2011 Honda CBR 250R

2010 Mazda 3i Sport

MY BUILD LOG

4th orders peak around tuning frequency, smaller sealed area allows you to use more power, 2:1 ratio plays a very large range of frequencies, 3:1 ratio is a little bit more peaky but are louder!

I dunno about a 18" sub, maybe 2.5 cubic feet on the sealed chamber and 6.25 cubic feet on the port area with 16 SQ of port per cubic it´s what i would do with 2200 watts :)

I´m the SPL Gains topic creator!! wanna get louder?? check this: SPL Gains. Panamenian 2009 & 2010 & 2014 Bass Race 149.9 Champion!

2 15" subs and a 2K wired at 1 ohm, http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/167788-fecupe2001-2-15s-on-a-2k-video-on-page-3/

8 Massive 15" subs and small power, http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/179296-fecupe2001s-8-15s-4th-order-bandpass-wall/