Sonic Electronix

• Replies 22
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Turn the gain down If you know the sub can't take the power

Ok so when I set the gain properly the power is max without clipping. Ok let's say I got a 18"SMD sub and a 3k sundown amp and after I set it proper, I will have clean 3k+ rms power going to my 18"? Cause I kno it can take the power.. Am Im correct?then I set my subsonic to 30hz cause my box is 32hz then I set my LPf down to 0 like y'all said or turn it up a little and everything else to 0. Correct? And if u have another ? not about my question or regarding to my question, don't ask it. make another thread please..

So how much is this gonna be? Does anybody have any idea? Pm if need be

-----SELLING EVERYTHING----

2 DC sound labs 3.5k's (still avail)

2 HDC312A D1's (still avail)

5 XS Power Batteries (1 d3400 and 1 d1200 left)

4 runs of knukoncepz 0 gauge (have all the wire still)

DC power 270XP alt (sold)

RF T1 6.5 components (both sold)

Powerbass XAX 4160 (still avail)

Custom built box 4.75^3 tuned 34hz (still avail)

Turn the gain down If you know the sub can't take the power

Ok so when I set the gain properly the power is max without clipping. Ok let's say I got a 18"SMD sub and a 3k sundown amp and after I set it proper, I will have clean 3k+ rms power going to my 18"? Cause I kno it can take the power.. Am Im correct?then I set my subsonic to 30hz cause my box is 32hz then I set my LPf down to 0 like y'all said or turn it up a little and everything else to 0. Correct? And if u have another ? not about my question or regarding to my question, don't ask it. make another thread please..

No you're not correct. It will give you the max your amp can put out cleanly. It doesn't care if your amp puts out 5 watts or 5000 watts only if the signal is clipped. If you want to know what your amp puts out you have to clamp it.

I'll say proble $200

Nah it won't be anywhere near that. People aren't going to pay 75% of a hand held scope price for one that just shows clipping. I would guess $79.

Edited by UnderLoK

If at first you do not succeed, you are doing it wrong! -ARS
UnderLoK-Tanq-SMD-Forum-resized.jpg
Check out my walled TBSS build over here
4 Fi Team 18s on 2 Cactus K9
DS18 doors on 2 MBQ 1Ks, Vifa pillars on a STL4.500
Pioneer X8500
6 XS Power D7500, 1 3400S
Second Skin
2 270a Mechman Alts

Oh ok. Thinks so when I get my 15"hd3, I will tune gains proper and my 15 will have clean signal and I don't have to worry about blowing my subs. That y im trying to sell my 2 10xls cause u rip cause my amp hade distortion and bad signal and my sub rip but the other one is perfect.. So I'm just gonna sell them and buy bigger subs..thanks

you guys just need to goto the damn thread and READ. it will not be as much as you think it is. there is no pricing yet cuz there not out but he said they should be out in a month or within a month.

here do you need some help finding cuz the thread is right there with this one: http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/96947-new-product-distortion-listenernew-pics-video-updated-3811/

2015 silverado crew cab

nothing atm but soon...

Oh ok. Thinks so when I get my 15"hd3, I will tune gains proper and my 15 will have clean signal and I don't have to worry about blowing my subs. That y im trying to sell my 2 10xls cause u rip cause my amp hade distortion and bad signal and my sub rip but the other one is perfect.. So I'm just gonna sell them and buy bigger subs..thanks

lol you have some reading to do. your sub isnt going to rip cause of distortion lol. even after you use the smd tool you still have to worry about some stuff. you can blow your subs from over powering them. you can blow them from playing well below box tuning and heating up the coils bad. you can still blow them. this tool just gives you a nice clean signal so you have little to no clipping. also after you could still have clipping if somebody makes a really bad bass song or chopped and screwed song if it is clipped to shit

2015 silverado crew cab

nothing atm but soon...

you guys just need to goto the damn thread and READ. it will not be as much as you think it is. there is no pricing yet cuz there not out but he said they should be out in a month or within a month.

here do you need some help finding cuz the thread is right there with this one: http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/96947-new-product-distortion-listenernew-pics-video-updated-3811/

SorrrrEEEE buuudddyy. I saw the youtube vid not the thread.. Thanks for the excellent info

-----SELLING EVERYTHING----

2 DC sound labs 3.5k's (still avail)

2 HDC312A D1's (still avail)

5 XS Power Batteries (1 d3400 and 1 d1200 left)

4 runs of knukoncepz 0 gauge (have all the wire still)

DC power 270XP alt (sold)

RF T1 6.5 components (both sold)

Powerbass XAX 4160 (still avail)

Custom built box 4.75^3 tuned 34hz (still avail)