i got my 94 sonoma (same thing as the s10) for 5 grand and that was about 5 years ago or so. i love mine and it pretty good for gas for a truck (about 17mpg) and its got the 4.3L v6. and it has plenty of room for a nice system with the extended cab like mine!

The New - 2002 Acura Rsx (work in progress)Eclipse AVN7000Eclipse 4 Channel4 Polk Audio Db 6.5 (soon to be changed)T500.1Punch 3 15"- The (old) System - 94 GMC Sonoma Ext. CabH/U - Pioneer Avic D3Eclipse 4 Channel Amp2 MB Quart DUA 216 6.5 components2 Polk Momo 4x10s1 RF Power T5001bd2 RF P315D4's 5 cubes net @ 35hzPowermaster D1200 Battery

pick up a 90-93 civic hatchback, take out the rear seats can fit 4-15's back there. And you will still have unbelievable gas mileage.

System Specs:

Alpine SWR-1542D 15" sub

Sealed Subwoofer Box

MTX mxa 6001 Class D 774watts RMS @ 2ohms

MTX Bass Knob

Pioneer 6.5's in doors

MTX Thunderdome 6x9 in rear

Stinger 1 Farad capacitor

80 amp stinger fuse

BIG 3 in 4 gauge wire

4 gauge power/ground wire

JVC MP3 CD Car Deck (KD-G320)

12 gauge Monster speaker wire to Sub

16 gauge Stinger speaker wire to doors

Stinger Gold Plated Battery Terminals

I'd like the size/price of the s10s. Plus you can fit a nice setup in there. You shouldn't have trouble finding one for about 3500-4k. Then save a bit more and get the big system. Unfortunately those blazers (my brother has a 4.3 v6) seem to get pretty bad mileage. I think he was getting 14mpg or so hauling nothing, while my yukon/tahoe get 16+mpg hauling 500+lbs of stereo. An extended cab s10 might fit something nice w/out a blowthrough. I think explorers are pretty well priced as well once you get into the mid/early 90s, but I don't like them NEAR as much as the chevy's unless you get the one with the v8. No offense to anyone, but I'm not a fan of rice at all- you'll have trouble with your electrical upgrades in a smaller car too (try finding a 200+ alternator, or fitting mutiple ones- P.I.T.A. Get a truck...

Edited by tejcurrent

tejcurrent

XS Power

T3