Sonic Electronix

hey everyone!

essentially i've got an opening to my trunk that's 13" high and about 30" wide. essentially the max box dimensions are 13" x 30" x 38".

my challenge to you is to design a ported box for the trunk of an 01 mercury sable (basically the same thing as a taurus).

aero ports are preferred but any other types of ports can be used too

1" square dowels can be used for bracing

also, try to incorporate some metal angle brackets for bracing

tuned no lower than 30 hz and no higher than 37 hz

this box will house 4 12" cvx's (the new 2010 version)

so the title was more or less a lie... but now that you've read all this, i would really appreciate some help!

thanks!

Just say no to Ground Pounder Customs.

More box builds

some cars do over 170db with one sub, so clearly my two 12"s can do that in my car, with my knowledge too! look out bitches!

I'm with captain stupid.

As someone once said, "Ain't gotta lie to kick it".

ha ice cube.

but there may or may not be a prize for the winner of this "contest"

More box builds

some cars do over 170db with one sub, so clearly my two 12"s can do that in my car, with my knowledge too! look out bitches!

I'm with captain stupid.

Tempting, 4 12"s in the trunk sounds a little tight on space, but I don't know the car so I couldn't say for sure.

One thing is for sure though, you definitely will not need metal angle braces if the box is built right. My wall rolls with a 2" thick baffle and absolutely no bracing, no baffle flex going on there.bracing just interrupts airflow, maybe use threaded rod instead of 1x1" square dowel.

My RE MT 18" wall build Former build, farewell beloved wall.In progress, Toyota Starlet build

This forum has a massive boner for ridiculous electrical upgrades.

well when you make a mere 300 every two weeks and you have college in the fall to save for and you're absolutely addicted to car audio, you start to take any help you can get.

so if you ever find yourself looking for something to do, i would greatly appreciate any and all designs.

i might send the winner 20 feet of 12 gauge kicker speaker wire. brand new. i'd just have to figure out shipping.

i've tried designing a few boxes myself, but i can never seem to get the tuning part down and i'm never sure of the volume.

also, if i decided to go sealed, should i do an infinite baffle type deal or stick with a standard sealed enclosure?

so if you ever decide

More box builds

I'm with captain stupid.

Without cutting the max you can do is 2 10s sealed forward or 1 12 sealed forward with the right port area. Now. If in the trunk you can do two twelves correctly or 3 10s correctly ported. Or 3 12s sealed correctly. Maybe two 15s sealed correctly.

If you want a box sealed forward the max square dimensions are 13 tall and 28 wide then however deep the trunk is technically. If the box is in the trunk you can do about 36 wide I believe in between the trunk hinges, about 18 tall and 30-35 deep I believe and it will fit in the trunk opening with only a little fight.

Edited by Robert8252

2013 F150 Crew Cab

Old Build Log

Feedback

2013 F150

Equipment - Some Awesome Stereo Sound Making Stuff