4 way stretch vinyl

NYC54

I never dye vinyl before is it difficult ?

Come's in a spray can just like paint.. just mask it off and spray it on and let dry.

http://shop.ebay.com/?_from=R40&_trksid=p5197.m570.l1313&_nkw=Gray+Vinyl+dye&_sacat=See-All-Categories

damn thanks bro just what i was looking for , i can use the SEM colorcoat for that right ?

would searching for vinyl instead of viynl help? lol.

I got some through a local shop who got it from a fabric wholesaler in the area. the shop had a ton of color samples. might try to do that.

If I answered you in a well mannered, informative way, you asked a good question or had a good attitude. If I was an asshole, you asked a stupid question or you had a fucktard attitude... or I was in a bad mood.

Team BassickHU: Pioneer AVIC Z110Front: Peerless SLS 6.5", Peerless HDS 4", Rainbow tweeter - running activeAmp: JL HD600/4 and DC 4 channel (bridged to midbass)Processor: JBL MS-8Subs: 2x 12" AA MayhemsAmp: DC 3kElectrical: DC power 270xp alt. 1/0 big 4. XSpower D3400 and six D680s.

http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/121795-29-update-the-buick-is-getting-a-rebuild/

Top career scores: DBdrag 151.7 MECA SQ 82.25My SOTM build

Yeah. im pretty sure they dont warranty retarded people.

I got some through a local shop who got it from a fabric wholesaler in the area. the shop had a ton of color samples. might try to do that.

sorry all the resin fumes are catching up to me lol , im in pa and no shop has it around here , im just going to order it online

sorry all the resin fumes are catching up to me lol , im in pa and no shop has it around here , im just going to order it online

:lol: i know what you mean. ive developed a habit of taking tiny breaths until i dont really smell resin, like when the wind blows, then i really breathe. that way i dont take big breaths of resin fumes. its second nature now. i dont even know I'm doing it some times. of course i usually use a mask anyway.

If I answered you in a well mannered, informative way, you asked a good question or had a good attitude. If I was an asshole, you asked a stupid question or you had a fucktard attitude... or I was in a bad mood.

Team BassickHU: Pioneer AVIC Z110Front: Peerless SLS 6.5", Peerless HDS 4", Rainbow tweeter - running activeAmp: JL HD600/4 and DC 4 channel (bridged to midbass)Processor: JBL MS-8Subs: 2x 12" AA MayhemsAmp: DC 3kElectrical: DC power 270xp alt. 1/0 big 4. XSpower D3400 and six D680s.

http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/121795-29-update-the-buick-is-getting-a-rebuild/

Top career scores: DBdrag 151.7 MECA SQ 82.25My SOTM build

Yeah. im pretty sure they dont warranty retarded people.

This vinyl is really good if you need to order online.

It just doesn't come in the color you need.

http://www.yourautotrim.com/al4stvi.html

But as mentioned, the SEM colorcoat stuff is good and I use it alot.

Without knowing what vehicle your working on, I will try to cover a couple different "greys".

Ford.... They have a couple different shades of greys they use. 15393 Medium Grey and 15163 Presidio.

Chevrolet.... Most of the Chevy truck greys are dark and will fall under 15303 Graphite.

What I might suggest is to get the color that will work best for your application. Get a vinyl that is lighter than the color your gonna sporay, but not white. Maybe the silver?

What are you working with?

normal_EPICENTERDESIGNS_128.gif

Building The Best.....Repairing The Rest

The bitter after-taste of a poor quality job will last far longer

than the sweetness of that cheap price!

This vinyl is really good if you need to order online.

It just doesn't come in the color you need.

http://www.yourautotrim.com/al4stvi.html

But as mentioned, the SEM colorcoat stuff is good and I use it alot.

Without knowing what vehicle your working on, I will try to cover a couple different "greys".

Ford.... They have a couple different shades of greys they use. 15393 Medium Grey and 15163 Presidio.

Chevrolet.... Most of the Chevy truck greys are dark and will fall under 15303 Graphite.

What I might suggest is to get the color that will work best for your application. Get a vinyl that is lighter than the color your gonna sporay, but not white. Maybe the silver?

What are you working with?

you hit the nail on the head , thats exactly what i did, i ordered a silver 4 way strecth , its a ford expo and that year they made the door panel was med ghraphite color, and i ordered a sem med ghraphite spray dye , i never sprayed vinyl before just too scared it might chip but im going to have to because im getting paid to do this , im trying to fiberglass as a side business but still learning alot as i go , maybe one day i can get on your level :slayer:

one question , the guy gave me the door with the factory speaker grill broken off , what can i use to secure it back on , i guess it came from the factory with some sort of plastic weld , can i just glass some screws to the cover and secure to the door panel ?

Clean the vinyl with a leather prep, let it dry and then do light coats to color it. It will be fine.

Glass some screws to that won't work since it is plastic. It will fail eventually.

Grab some 2 part epoxy from the autoparts store or from Lowes. It is clear and comes in 1 min or 5 min work times. Get the 5 min. When I have to do quick fix jobs I use this so I don't have to open a maxim tube of epoxy.

Also, this stuff works perfectly for recones.

normal_EPICENTERDESIGNS_128.gif

Building The Best.....Repairing The Rest

The bitter after-taste of a poor quality job will last far longer

than the sweetness of that cheap price!

Lol, op, do you have a heat gun? if not dont complain about it not stretching.

24pm3xe.jpg

im taking out my passenger seat, battery is disconnected, going to unwire and take out the three amps, take out the 70+ lb box, then the platform so i can crimp 1 wire.

Almost as bad as those fegs that put those horns in their grills and roll down the street distorting the block....

1990 Jeep Cherokee 2 Dr.

Big-3 in 0g on Stock Alt.

Pioneer 6.5" and 5.25"s temp. until i can afford the new crescendos.

Pioneer 6000ub Reciever

NO amps at the moment. SA-15 on 1kw coming soon.

MSG Me for a free enclosure design!!

Flared port kits coming soon!!

Archived