Sonic Electronix

i just found out that my moms door speakers were changed out to total mobile audio speakers like these. http://www.onlinecarstereo.com/CarAudio/p_18640_Total_Mobile_Audio_T52F2.aspx ve never heard of them before and i would like to know if they are any good or not.

Edited by bass_stalker

JEEP BUILD PROJECT ANTIBLING.2000 jeep Cherokee.HEADUNITAlpine Cda-9886SUBSTAGE1 acendent 18" audio mayhem motor with a TI basket and tantric parts1 prototype DAT hellfire 1000.1HIGHSStockELECTRICALdb link 0 gaugeKnuconceptz Kolossus 4 gauge1 xs power d3400 under hoodBig 3 upgradeold fourwheeler build

The only way to delete your SMD account is for you crawl to steve meades door step on your knees and pleade for his forgiveness and acceptance to be released...He will either grant your wishes.....or choke you with a large piece of 0 gauge and electrocute you by hooking up a solid gold DC 12k at 0.000001 ohm and 10000 volts to your eye sockets and blow your head apart

You guys act like you have never clogged a toilet and ran around the bathroom frantically hoping it don't overflow.

JL's off brand...

so are they actually any good?

JEEP BUILD PROJECT ANTIBLING.2000 jeep Cherokee.HEADUNITAlpine Cda-9886SUBSTAGE1 acendent 18" audio mayhem motor with a TI basket and tantric parts1 prototype DAT hellfire 1000.1HIGHSStockELECTRICALdb link 0 gaugeKnuconceptz Kolossus 4 gauge1 xs power d3400 under hoodBig 3 upgradeold fourwheeler build

The only way to delete your SMD account is for you crawl to steve meades door step on your knees and pleade for his forgiveness and acceptance to be released...He will either grant your wishes.....or choke you with a large piece of 0 gauge and electrocute you by hooking up a solid gold DC 12k at 0.000001 ohm and 10000 volts to your eye sockets and blow your head apart

You guys act like you have never clogged a toilet and ran around the bathroom frantically hoping it don't overflow.

You said your moms door speakers are the Total Mobile Audio speakers, right? Can't you listen to them and see if they sound good?

*Not trying to sound like a douche or anything :D*

Bassless once again. Can't seem to keep a system for more than a few weeks :)

Saving for a '06 Nissan 350z, look for build around June 2012.

You said your moms door speakers are the Total Mobile Audio speakers, right? Can't you listen to them and see if they sound good?

i find they have good treble but get absolutely no mid-bass. so idk if its the way the dumb asses at the audio shop installed them a few years ago or if its just the speakers.

i find they have good treble but get absolutely no mid-bass. so idk if its the way the dumb asses at the audio shop installed them a few years ago or if its just the speakers.

What about the headunit? Is it factory? Could have a built in high pass.

I've also found from experience speakers other than subs sound alot better when given the correct power or slightly under power when they are cheaper. My opinoin. I'm using Pioneer 4x6s and 6.5s from wal-mart and I have them on a pioneer amp and I mess with the gain alot.

I also know where it clips because I've set it with an o-scope.

Did they put bass blockers inline with the positive on the speaker? I know best buy does that to cover their ass so you won't blow your speakers by turning the damn bass all the way up and trying to play 32hz through your sony explaud [someone will know] 6x9's that take 200watts.

Sorry if that's kind of blah blah blah like and confusing, but that's exactly what came to mind.

| S-10 | 4.5^3 ft | 33Hz | SAE-1000D @ 1 Ohm | 2 SA-12s |

SPL: 143.7 Sealed | 153.4 Port Wars

I've also found from experience speakers other than subs sound alot better when given the correct power or slightly under power when they are cheaper. My opinoin. I'm using Pioneer 4x6s and 6.5s from wal-mart and I have them on a pioneer amp and I mess with the gain alot.

Did they put bass blockers inline with the positive on the speaker? I know best buy does that to cover their ass so you won't blow your speakers by turning the damn bass all the way up and trying to play 32hz through your sony explaud [someone will know] 6x9's that take 200watts.

Sorry if that's kind of blah blah blah like and confusing, but that's exactly what came to mind.

nah its not confusing and yes factory head unit. its got no amps. and im pretty sure the factory unit wouldnt overpower the speakers their rated for 140 watts i think

please call it either a high pass filter or subsonic filter

It's xplod

<_< Sorry, I just can't stand it when people use the phrase bass blocker or spell sony xplod wrong. lol.

Just 2 pointless pet peeves, sorry :pardon:

nah its not confusing and yes factory head unit. its got no amps. and im pretty sure the factory unit wouldnt overpower the speakers their rated for 140 watts i think

140 watts max ;)

Probably more like 30-50 watts RMS

My RE MT 18" wall build Former build, farewell beloved wall.In progress, Toyota Starlet build

This forum has a massive boner for ridiculous electrical upgrades.

please call it either a high pass filter or subsonic filter

It's xplod

<_< Sorry, I just can't stand it when people use the phrase bass blocker or spell sony xplod wrong. lol.

Just 2 pointless pet peeves, sorry :pardon:

140 watts max ;)

Probably more like 30-50 watts RMS

sounds about right. i just find if funny that there is no mid-bass. so im trying to talk my mom into getting a pro-box or a bazooka tube since she doesn't want hard bass she just wants some bass

sounds about right. i just find if funny that there is no mid-bass. so im trying to talk my mom into getting a pro-box or a bazooka tube since she doesn't want hard bass she just wants some bass

yeah, she'd probably be better off with a component set that has some nice kick. That way there wouldn't be any space taken up by a sub and the companies that make those shitty things wouldn't be supported.

It would also be a better fix because it solves the problem rather than just putting a bandaid on it :) plus the speakers would sound better in general.

My RE MT 18" wall build Former build, farewell beloved wall.In progress, Toyota Starlet build

This forum has a massive boner for ridiculous electrical upgrades.