cheapest way to run a car amp on wall power?

I agree with dollarbilz ... Get a plate amp and not worry with the confusion ...

Kenwood / HELIX / Linear Power (For The Love Of Music) / Brutal Sounds / OverKill Electric Co 

Questions About Sound Quality ?? Try Here ... Sound Quality, What does it REALLY mean ?? 

SMD SOTM Winner "White Lightning" 1997 GMT400 Chevy Silverado   

"The Green Dickle" 1994 GMT400 Chevy "Phantom Dually"   

Randal's 2007 Chevy Avalanche (we haven't named this one yet)

Dylan's "Brutal" 17 Chevy Cruze RS Hatch                         

MY HOMIE USES A WALL CHARGER THAT IS RATED AT 12 V AND HE POWERS A 300w amp BRIDGED on a 12" Rockford woofer. He said hes never had a problem. ? NOT SAFE? I DONT KNOW! AT YOUR OWN RISK OF COURSE. AND IM ONLY SAYING THAT CAUSE IM AN AUDIO GUY AND THIS IS AN AUDIO FORUM.

2003 Dodge Intrepid 3.4L v6 Stock Alternator 12.5 V all day.

DREAM SYSTEM IN PROGRESS> STILL JUST A PLAN....

(2) Custom Ascendant Audio Mayhem 15's 6th order walled

(1) (4)JL Audio 1000/1 V2

(4) JL Audio 500.4

(5) XS Power D3100 (1) XS Power D1200

(1) Mechman Alternator 400+ AMPs

(8)Tang Band W8-1772 8" Neo Drivers

(8)Tang Band 25-1166SJ 1" Neodymium Tweeters(2) in each pillar

(4) Dayton PS180 6.5" Neo Full Range Drivers in Rear Shelf

(4) Eminence Delta Pro-8A 8" Midrange

MY HOMIE USES A WALL CHARGER THAT IS RATED AT 12 V AND HE POWERS A 300w amp BRIDGED on a 12" Rockford woofer. He said hes never had a problem. ? NOT SAFE? I DONT KNOW! AT YOUR OWN RISK OF COURSE. AND IM ONLY SAYING THAT CAUSE IM AN AUDIO GUY AND THIS IS AN AUDIO FORUM.

OMG YOUR CAPS ARE BROKEN TOO??? I HATE IT WHEN THAT HAPPENS! IT'S SO ANNOYING

+

Just say no to Ground Pounder Customs.

More box builds

some cars do over 170db with one sub, so clearly my two 12"s can do that in my car, with my knowledge too! look out bitches!

I'm with captain stupid.

does that really works? pics please.

anyway what i did i had a regular home surround sound that i had laying around collecting dust, it came with on 8 inch sub with about 150w of power. i tore the box that the 8 inch came in and hacked into the power supply, took it out the box and attached it to my 10 inch jlw7 and i must say for the 150w that im getting is 100 times better and sounds great.

REFF'S
My link
EBAY
http://feedback.ebay...ck&myworld=true
I love car audio so much because I will never be done. I can never win, and I will never get it finished or perfect. It always has me coming back for more, I can never get my fill of it, but I get what I need.

does that really works? pics please.

anyway what i did i had a regular home surround sound that i had laying around collecting dust, it came with on 8 inch sub with about 150w of power. i tore the box that the 8 inch came in and hacked into the power supply, took it out the box and attached it to my 10 inch jlw7 and i must say for the 150w that im getting is 100 times better and sounds great.

that's not a bad idea! i have an old home sub laying around

Just say no to Ground Pounder Customs.

More box builds

some cars do over 170db with one sub, so clearly my two 12"s can do that in my car, with my knowledge too! look out bitches!

I'm with captain stupid.

honestly i think that its a load of crap that you can run a good amp off a wall charger. Most wall chargers run on mili-amps (spelling) so you cannot possibly get a decent amp powered by it without melting the wall charger. If you want to run the amp off a wall charger then by all means go for it but im sure it will melt your wall charger and make a fire but hey, if you want to lose your house then go for it.

2004 GMC Envoy1 XS power S3400 batt under the hood and 4 XS Power D3100's battery installed in the rear by the amps0 gauge power wire from front to backAlpine iva-w205 touchscreen dvd/cd/mp3/ipod/am/fm/gps headunitSundown Audio SAX-200.4 amp for my mids and highs8 gauge speaker wire from amp to woofer270 amp Mechman AltRockford Fosgate T1652-s component speakersRockford Fosgate 3Sixty.2 sound processorRca's from Rockford Fosgate and Monster Cable14 gauge speaker wire for the mids and highs1 18" Ascendant Audio SMD Dual 1 ohm with custom Black & Blue carbon fiber and hand signed dustcapBox: 5.66 cubic feet net volume box tuned to 30.13Hz with 1.5" wide wooden dowels and 1.5" thick baffle1 DC Audio 5.0k amp wired to .5 ohms nominal with an imp rise of 1.35 ohms for the single AA SMD 18"Future Vision 8000k 50w bi-xenon projector HID's with 4300k 35w fog lightsLink to my build: Buildupdates/progress

i started my system off a 6amp charger and a little batcap battery. it worked fine for mids and highs but when i added the sub amp it just took too much power so i used a 12amp charger and the thing threw out 16v all of a sudden so I took that off immediately. then I went for a power supply and its working great. its not a computer power supply, its for a server i believe. you could probably find some really cheap at an electronics surplus store or something. and they are made to run 24/7 so they should be higher quality than the cheap computer power supply.

the down side to these is that they have small high RPM fans that are pretty loud. on mine, I just took the fan out and put in a quieter, slower fan. it's working fine, doesn't get hot, just a little warm.

If I answered you in a well mannered, informative way, you asked a good question or had a good attitude. If I was an asshole, you asked a stupid question or you had a fucktard attitude... or I was in a bad mood.

Team BassickHU: Pioneer AVIC Z110Front: Peerless SLS 6.5", Peerless HDS 4", Rainbow tweeter - running activeAmp: JL HD600/4 and DC 4 channel (bridged to midbass)Processor: JBL MS-8Subs: 2x 12" AA MayhemsAmp: DC 3kElectrical: DC power 270xp alt. 1/0 big 4. XSpower D3400 and six D680s.

http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/121795-29-update-the-buick-is-getting-a-rebuild/

Top career scores: DBdrag 151.7 MECA SQ 82.25My SOTM build

Yeah. im pretty sure they dont warranty retarded people.

honestly i think that its a load of crap that you can run a good amp off a wall charger. Most wall chargers run on mili-amps (spelling) so you cannot possibly get a decent amp powered by it without melting the wall charger. If you want to run the amp off a wall charger then by all means go for it but im sure it will melt your wall charger and make a fire but hey, if you want to lose your house then go for it.

I agree to this !!!

At least call the fire department before you hook this up and you start this process ...

My amp can pull about 50 amps on an astron power supply (and thats my mids and highs amp !!!) ... not even gonna mention what my sub amp can do ... and both of these amps are class a/b ... and your trying to hook up a class d on a wall charger ??? thats insane !!!

I stick firmly (as certified Electronics Technician and as a certified Cable Television electrical Lineman) to find a Astron Power Supply to run a car audio amp or get a Home Stereo Amp setup ...

Just my suggestion here ... thanks, Randal ...

Kenwood / HELIX / Linear Power (For The Love Of Music) / Brutal Sounds / OverKill Electric Co 

Questions About Sound Quality ?? Try Here ... Sound Quality, What does it REALLY mean ?? 

SMD SOTM Winner "White Lightning" 1997 GMT400 Chevy Silverado   

"The Green Dickle" 1994 GMT400 Chevy "Phantom Dually"   

Randal's 2007 Chevy Avalanche (we haven't named this one yet)

Dylan's "Brutal" 17 Chevy Cruze RS Hatch                         

• 2 weeks later...

In case this question is still actual, Corsair AX1200, for example, can do 100 amps on +12V rail. But it's far from "cheapest", on newegg it's around $280. Alternatives might be OCZ ZX1250W (104A on +12V) and Silverstone ST1200-G (100A on +12V).

Archived