Second Skin Audio

one 12 to two 10s

so I'm going from 1 powerbass 2xl 12 sealed powered by a kenwood kac 8104d to 2 re sex 10s sealed possibly powered by a hifonics 1600(after reading about the 20% overrated power I'm skeptical) my question is...am I going to see a big difference in amount of bass between the 2 setups? This is all going in an f250, with stock electrical for now besides a bigger battery up front, soon to get another battery and ho alternater. The box is 1.35cuft give or take a .ox replacing my center console/seat subs are 1 firing down and 1 firing back

BABYJUICE

Two 10's have a little more cone area than one 12 so id say yeah. Plus it sounds like the your stepping up in power. Which hifonics amp are you lookin at?

1990 Nissan 300zx Twin Turbo - Summer Ride(No system yet, lookin to get it up to 450-500 horse first!)2006 Chevy Malibu - Daily DriverDC Level 5 15", 2 APSM-1500's, 3.88 cu. ft. tuned to 32hz1992 Honda Prelude - SOLD2 18" TC 3hp Woofers on a Crescendo BC3500.1d, 12.7 cu. ft. tuned to 35hz7r.png

Ive heard pretty good things about the BRZ series amps but stay away from the hifi amps. Not good..

1990 Nissan 300zx Twin Turbo - Summer Ride(No system yet, lookin to get it up to 450-500 horse first!)2006 Chevy Malibu - Daily DriverDC Level 5 15", 2 APSM-1500's, 3.88 cu. ft. tuned to 32hz1992 Honda Prelude - SOLD2 18" TC 3hp Woofers on a Crescendo BC3500.1d, 12.7 cu. ft. tuned to 35hz7r.png

If i were you i wouldnt run 2krms to two 600 rms rated subs. Thats overpowering them by a little much. If your looking for a nice amp that has a low price tag look at this http://www.audioque.com/AQ1200D-Amplifier_p_30.html

Well I was planning on running them at 2ohms which would be 1400wrms and if I did my math right after taking off 20% of the over rated power they throw on it should be around 1120wrms? And I can't get audioque because I have to go through a shop because my dad is paying for it and he wants the warranty and he's old school and doesn't like the whole buying off the internet thing....if you want the shop I'm buying it from is called advanced audio creations in garden grove california and theyhave a website with the products they sell and you could check on there to see what else you might better suggest...sorry I'm on mobile so I can't really post a link to it :/

Edited by Babyjuice

BABYJUICE

If i were you i wouldnt run 2krms to two 600 rms rated subs. Thats overpowering them by a little much. If your looking for a nice amp that has a low price tag look at this http://www.audioque.com/AQ1200D-Amplifier_p_30.html

There's nothing wrong at all with having too much power on tap...you don't need to use all of it. People normally blow subs because they don't have enough clean power available, try to push the amp harder than it's capable of, and send dirty power at the sub.

Ryan Miskin - owner of RAM Designs

I have my PM's turned off, please email at <script data-cfhash='f9e31' type="text/javascript"> /* */</script>

2200+ designs since March 2011...

i would chose RE SX

always ultra

always RE

2010 Chevrolet Cruze

Radio --- pioneer mvh-200vbt

Front/back --- alpine type s 6.5"

Sub Control --- Pac LC1

Sub Amp --- GZPA 1.4K

Sub --- GZNW 15XSPL D1

Battery - GZBP 12.2500X

i love my re