Second Skin Audio

one 12 to two 10s

The Hifonics BRZ and Brutus(older model) line both do rated power, given you are at 14.4 volts, now every volt you drop under that you lose 18% power output, so as long as you can keep the voltage steady you will get full rated output.

¿ǝɯɐƃ ǝɥʇ

Trolls never learn............

All BS aside, If I see one more comment in here that is NOT about the pre-sale, I will start the vacations. And that includes the trolls feeding the trolls.

YOU THE ONE THAT SOUND LIKE A OGER AND HUMPBACK/TROLLS?

Add "SMDLIFER" on Xbox LIVE to play with other SMD members.

The Hifonics BRZ and Brutus(older model) line both do rated power, given you are at 14.4 volts, now every volt you drop under that you lose 18% power output, so as long as you can keep the voltage steady you will get full rated output.

Where'd you get that figure at? Assuming amperage draw and efficiency stay the same you're looking at less than that. Obviously conditions don't stay exactly the same, but 18% is a big difference. That'd be:

2000 watts at 14.4V

1640 watts at 13.4V

1344 watts at 12.4V

1102 watts at 11.4V

Edited by RAM_Designs

Ryan Miskin - owner of RAM Designs

I have my PM's turned off, please email at <script data-cfhash='f9e31' type="text/javascript"> /* */</script>

2200+ designs since March 2011...

Where'd you get that figure at?

I will find the topic it was said by one of the guys from Maxxsonics like 2-3 years ago on here.

Might take a bit

¿ǝɯɐƃ ǝɥʇ

All BS aside, If I see one more comment in here that is NOT about the pre-sale, I will start the vacations. And that includes the trolls feeding the trolls.

So I went down an bought my subs and an amp. I went with the brutus 2100 to run good power more steadily...I'm just confused on how to tune it and hook up the subs :( not very happy right now. Like I got them hooked up and playing but its not what I was expecting, I was expecting more out of them...if I'm running 2 sex d4s do I have to use all 4 pos/neg terminals? And how should I tune it? This is really my first time setting it all up :/

BABYJUICE

Found it.....it was posted in mid 09'

The Brutus series is rated at 14.4V. They are NOT competition series amps and WILL NOT produce much more than rated as they will protect when run a bit over 15V. Typically you will experience approximately 18% less output potential with 1V drop from 14.4V.

The underated amps are the Hifonics XXV series, Autotek Mean Machine series, MB Quart Discus D class amps and the Crunch GP3000D-Pro.

¿ǝɯɐƃ ǝɥʇ

Found it.....it was posted in mid 09'

The Brutus series is rated at 14.4V. They are NOT competition series amps and WILL NOT produce much more than rated as they will protect when run a bit over 15V. Typically you will experience approximately 18% less output potential with 1V drop from 14.4V.

The underated amps are the Hifonics XXV series, Autotek Mean Machine series, MB Quart Discus D class amps and the Crunch GP3000D-Pro.

Weird, because if everything else is equal(ohm load, amp draw, efficiency), you're looking at around 7.5% for a 1V drop from 14.4V to 13.4V.

Ryan Miskin - owner of RAM Designs

I have my PM's turned off, please email at <script data-cfhash='f9e31' type="text/javascript"> /* */</script>

2200+ designs since March 2011...

Then maybe the efficiency doesn't stay the same...maybe the technology has a downside in this model.

Tell me...does this smell like chloroform to you?

So I went down an bought my subs and an amp. I went with the brutus 2100 to run good power more steadily...I'm just confused on how to tune it and hook up the subs :( not very happy right now. Like I got them hooked up and playing but its not what I was expecting, I was expecting more out of them...if I'm running 2 sex d4s do I have to use all 4 pos/neg terminals? And how should I tune it? This is really my first time setting it all up :/

I'm going to assume by tuning you mean setting the gains and such.

What are the specs to the enclosure?

If you have two D4 subs, you are going to use all terminals, lol. Otherwise you're only powering one voicecoil. You have dual 4 ohm voicecoils on each driver so two sets of terminals, one for each. What you're going to want to do, to create a 1 ohm load on the amplifier is to parallel the voicecoils, and then parallel the subs.

Google 12volt wiring diagram for a detailed picture.

Tell me...does this smell like chloroform to you?