Sign in to follow this  
sven6977

Wire Connections

Hey guys,

its been a while since I've been on here.

I love RE audio equipment, however I've been having a problem lately with one of their amps. It works great as long as it can hold onto my power and ground wires D:

Is there a better way to use the terminals on their amps?

such as this one:

basrawrbasdbv.jpg

and by use, I mean, is there a more secure way than just putting bare wire in there and tightening it down?

Edited by sven6977

Rowan University Electrical Engineering

LINK TO MY BUILDDDDD

Current Setup in my 00' Hyundai Accent:

Pioneer DEH-P6900UB

RE.6.5C AUDIO 500w 6.5" COMPONENT CAR SPEAKERS

Eclipse SE 6500 (6.5 coax in rear deck)

two Kicker C124's in a t-line tuned to 28.6Hz

Kenwood KAC-7204

US amps 1600.4 V2

Upcoming Build this summer:

T-Line enclosure for two C124's tuned to 28ish hz O_O

amp my speakers with a US amps 1600.4.

Second Skin Should be fun ^_^

the connection is loose? can you describe what you think it might be?

Pioneer Premier P880PRS ll Front Stage: US Acoustics 4060 - Random speakers currently ll Sub Stage: Crescendo BC3500D - 15" Xcon sealed @ 3.28 cubes ll Electrical: - Kinetik HC1800(front) NEW***DieHard P-2(rear)

beaker- I know this sounds like a lot of anime bullshit, but it is true.

is your wire 4gauge? or smaller? maybe the wire is not thick enough?

Pioneer Premier P880PRS ll Front Stage: US Acoustics 4060 - Random speakers currently ll Sub Stage: Crescendo BC3500D - 15" Xcon sealed @ 3.28 cubes ll Electrical: - Kinetik HC1800(front) NEW***DieHard P-2(rear)

Raise the screws, put the power wire in, screw the terminals down. If the wires are coming out you either don't have it tight enough, or you're using way too small of wire.

Current Systems:

2011 BMW 335i

Hertz HDP1

DC LVL3 12" Full Carbon Fiber

2002 Acura Tl
Kenwood DNX9980HD
2 DCLVL4 12" Subs with LVL5 Parts D.7 Coils
DC 3.5k
Hertz HSK-165 up front HCX-165 Rear
Hertz HDP4 Amp
DC Power Engineering 260 Amp Alt
Big 3 and amp powered with KNU 1/0
XS Power D2400 Up Front

i pulled out my dick in class many of times and had it shown. get over it bitch...stupid open legged hairy beavered bitch...

going over rms = smaller box, under rms = bigger box...

Low voltage doesn't blow amps. That's a myth.

A router that does the sub holes makes rounded edges also?

Raise the screws, put the power wire in, screw the terminals down. If the wires are coming out you either don't have it tight enough, or you're using way too small of wire.

+1..

I did that :( and I'm using 4ga knu wire.

the amp recommends 4ga so I dont understand why it wont stay in properly.

LINK TO MY BUILDDDDD

Pioneer DEH-P6900UB

Kenwood KAC-7204

US amps 1600.4 V2

Did you not cut enough wire sheath maybe? Possibly not enough is going into the connector? Otherwise I'm stumped man... You could try removing the screw completely and going to Lowes and purchasing the same exact screw but longer???

Did you not cut enough wire sheath maybe? Possibly not enough is going into the connector? Otherwise I'm stumped man... You could try removing the screw completely and going to Lowes and purchasing the same exact screw but longer???

yeah :\ I'm stumped too. do you think tinning the exposed end of wire with solder could make for a more secure connection? I dunno if my local lowes would have the right set screws lol

LINK TO MY BUILDDDDD

Pioneer DEH-P6900UB

Kenwood KAC-7204

US amps 1600.4 V2

you will need like 1/2in or slightly more exposed wire, feed in all the way until it wont accept anymore and while holding it in, tighten a lot! tug on it to see if it is loose, otherwise, idk.

29408240963_9908a51930_o.png
Best Score to Date : 160.5 dB Outlaw (47Hz)[4 XM 15's & 2 Taramps Bass 12k's]

BL :  http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/147800-chevyboy95s-4-15s-7krms-wall-1533-db-on-half-power/
YouTube: http://www.youtube.com/hitemwiththeflex/

right the only 2 problems it could be is A your not unscrewing the screw far enough when inserting the wire (if you only lift the screw 1/4 of the way shove the wire as far as it will go then tighten then its not really securing the wire) or B your not stripping the wire long enough. The solution to the problem is take the screw all the way out. as long as u don't loose them then you can put the wire in and look in the hole. see if the wire goes all the way back and when it does then hold the wire pushing in on the terminal and sharamer the screw

J. Jsig_253411.jpgMy CardomainFINISHED COBALT SS/SC DUAL ALTERNATOR PICS icon_nuts.gif

theres no such thing as too expensive when it comes to upgrades like that, because imo if you are gonna spend to upgrade then do it correctly rather then be a cheap ass ricer

Sign in to follow this