alright need some help (law wise) before tomorrow.

Just be careful, these things are tricky...

Edited by akrja_07

2001 Chevy Silverado Ext. cab - Kenwood KIV-BT901 - 2x 12" DC Audio level 3 m2D1 in 4.2 cuft. @29Hz. - DC Audio 2.0k - Alpine Type-X components - US Amps USA-4300x - XS Power D4700 - Bosch 145a alternator

ya i know im guilty and im not trying to get around it or anything, ill probably admit to being guilty too. im just trying to see what im facing, you didnt answer my question though haha if i take the community service or whatever would it still go on my record

To be honest, that is something I can't tell you. Being a municipal court, the judges can pretty much do whatever they want to as they aren't held up to such standards as the judges who are in on murder cases and big drug cases. This is something you will have to be firm on. If the judge fines you, then yes...it will most likely go on your record. If he offers you otherwise, such as community service, then you have to let him know your end of the bargain, which is no criminal record. Tell him if he can't do that for you, then you want to go a different route. No use in doing all that work and it being on your record, if you can get a trial and have a chance of getting a "not guilty" in the end. Also, check with an officer or the judge and see if there is some kind of "catch all" charge. Our city has a "failure to show due care" charge, which works real simple. Someone gets a ticket or a small charge that can't show up on their record, we drop the original charge, and rewrite it for "failure to show due care". For example, a truck driver gets a "disregarding stop sign" ticket while driving his personal car...this could cause him to lose his CDL license, and his job if a charge like that is on his driving record. So, we write the "due care" ticket, and drop the "stop sign" ticket. Its a little higher fine, but the "stop sign" in not on his driving record...win-win situation. A simple possession is normally a $650 fine here...lets say I stop a nursing student and she has a dime bag on her...no biggie, I mean who hasn't smoked. She goes home for the night, and gets a small ticket...but she can be kicked out of nursing school for a charge like that. So, the charge is rewrote for a $200 "due care" and she does some community service to make up the rest...again, a win-win situation. I hope I explained that concept enough for you to understand what I am talking about. I am not very good a painting pictures with words.

mivtCK.png

ya i know im guilty and im not trying to get around it or anything, ill probably admit to being guilty too. im just trying to see what im facing, you didnt answer my question though haha if i take the community service or whatever would it still go on my record

To be honest, that is something I can't tell you. Being a municipal court, the judges can pretty much do whatever they want to as they aren't held up to such standards as the judges who are in on murder cases and big drug cases. This is something you will have to be firm on. If the judge fines you, then yes...it will most likely go on your record. If he offers you otherwise, such as community service, then you have to let him know your end of the bargain, which is no criminal record. Tell him if he can't do that for you, then you want to go a different route. No use in doing all that work and it being on your record, if you can get a trial and have a chance of getting a "not guilty" in the end. Also, check with an officer or the judge and see if there is some kind of "catch all" charge. Our city has a "failure to show due care" charge, which works real simple. Someone gets a ticket or a small charge that can't show up on their record, we drop the original charge, and rewrite it for "failure to show due care". For example, a truck driver gets a "disregarding stop sign" ticket while driving his personal car...this could cause him to lose his CDL license, and his job if a charge like that is on his driving record. So, we write the "due care" ticket, and drop the "stop sign" ticket. Its a little higher fine, but the "stop sign" in not on his driving record...win-win situation. A simple possession is normally a $650 fine here...lets say I stop a nursing student and she has a dime bag on her...no biggie, I mean who hasn't smoked. She goes home for the night, and gets a small ticket...but she can be kicked out of nursing school for a charge like that. So, the charge is rewrote for a $200 "due care" and she does some community service to make up the rest...again, a win-win situation. I hope I explained that concept enough for you to understand what I am talking about. I am not very good a painting pictures with words.

yeah youve done a great deal of help im just a bitch when it comes to judges simply because i hate being there. if he trys to fine me then ill try to speak up haha

your not gana go to jail bro I went through the same I was caught with a pocket knight when I was in middle school they just have me 250hrs of community service and 100 dollar fine

250 hours!

yeah you now the fuck up part I did like 75 hr that didnt count I had to do it I a place they wanted and I was doing in a non profit restaurant, so the hrs didnt count .

yeah you now the fuck up part I did like 75 hr that didnt count I had to do it I a place they wanted and I was doing in a non profit restaurant, so the hrs didnt count .

I would've thrown a total Bitch Fit...I had to do like 20 hours community service once for a "noise violation" ticket that I couldn't pay. I had about 16 hours done at the local fire dept, when I got a letter in the mail to return back to court for failure to follow judges orders. Turned out the old fucker at the fire dept didn't log my hours in and report them with the judge...so when the judge called the fire chief for my hours, the chief had nothing to report. Luckily they got everything straight, and told me not to worry about the last 4 hours since they caused all the confusion.

mivtCK.png

well went to court this morning guys and boy was i nervous! anyway went and didnt even have to go in front of a judge, instead it was some guy/police officer who handles stuff like this. he read over the police report and i told him i was never given a citation or for that matter talked to by a police officer and he told me that he thinks i got 10x the punishment of what it would of been and..........DISMISSED THE CHARGERS! im soooo re leaved! thanks for all the help guys!drinks.gif

ask to see ALL evidence against you. If there is no real proof that it came DIRECTLY from you you're in the clear...tell them to take their trumped up charges and fuck off. On the other hand...if they have real evidence ask for leniency, since it was not your intent to distribute a controlled substance, you were under the influence of a prescribed narcotic, and not really in your right mind. In either case NEVER ADMIT GUILT...tell them you are taking a deal to save time and money. Make sure this can be expunged after probation.

Principal

JTech Consulting - Leader in 12-Volt Training and Product PlanningIt's not about how much power you have, but how well you use it