Help picking a TV

Okay so here is the deal. I have a 30" Emerson LCD in my living room that I am looking to replace. I am thinking something in the 50-60 inch range, probably LCD (I have a lot of windows and I have heard that could be a problem with a plasma). I have been looking at a few, but I would like some input. What brands you have had luck with and also brands that are garbage. Thanks

• Replies 27
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I have a 46" LCD PhilliPs with 240 hrtz refresh. I like it. I wanted the 55" but not enough $$$$. I can project my laptop to it wirelessly, have Internet radio and it has a USB port for music and pics. I got a good deal at Sams club. Good luck

06 300C 5.7 Hemi

K&N CAI

JVC KW-AVX640 6.1" DVD

DC Audio 3.5k

6 DC Audio 8"s

6 cubes 8" aero port at 32hrtz

http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/183798-chrysler-300c-8-build/?p=2731834#entry2731834

The samsungs, are real nice panels. What do you mostly watch? And what is your budget?

Mostly DVD's and Blu-Rays(played on PS3) and also a little COD on the PS3, I do have digital Cable also. I am not real sure on the budget, Id say 2000 tops.

The problem with all LED LCD televisions is that that all suffer from the same annoyance as plasma. Very very glossy panels and highly reflective, on top of that Samsung only has is vivid picture due to always using glossy panels on their LCD televisions. If it is a big problem with your windows OP, take a look at the televisions from different angles to see how bad some of them really are with the reflectiveness.

Things to looks for are:

motion enhancement: i.e. 120hz or 240hz and soon to be higher from Sony's new line-up this spring hopefully...

lighting source: LED or cold cathode

panel type: glossy or matte

resolution: make sure it is 1080P

Honestly your best televisions right now are gonna be the Sonys, Samsuns, Panasonics and thats it... I wouldn't totally rule out plasma as they are still amazing... Panasonic does it right... Buy one and evaluate...

Pioneer Premier P880PRS ll Front Stage: US Acoustics 4060 - Random speakers currently ll Sub Stage: Crescendo BC3500D - 15" Xcon sealed @ 3.28 cubes ll Electrical: - Kinetik HC1800(front) NEW***DieHard P-2(rear)

beaker- I know this sounds like a lot of anime bullshit, but it is true.

I'd spring for the samsung un55d6000s my parents just purchased one and it is a solid set and at 1890ish it will fit your budget.