Other than the Flomax, anyone know of anything that helped them pass the stone a little easier? I'm looking for ANY suggestions here!! This is freaking me out a little!! 8)

2001 Chevy Silverado Ext. cab - Kenwood KIV-BT901 - 2x 12" DC Audio level 3 m2D1 in 4.2 cuft. @29Hz. - DC Audio 2.0k - Alpine Type-X components - US Amps USA-4300x - XS Power D4700 - Bosch 145a alternator

The pain will start without warning, that pain is your warning. You definitely learn the path the kidney stones take in your body once you have had them. You will know exactly where your kidney is and the path it follows to the bladder and then on out.

I had surgery 5 years ago to remove kidney stones and had hundreds removed, and that wasn't all of them. I had another surgery just over 2 years ago to reconstruct the opening of my kidney because it had narrowed because of scar tissue from passing stones...that surgery was no joke!

I have kidney stones because one of my kidneys is not completely rotated so it doesn't drain well and causes calcification (kidney stones). People have stones for many different reasons and react differently when it comes time to pass a stone. My Dad and brothers have all had kidney stones and theirs pass relatively quickly but usually end up in the ER because the pain is so bad...relatively quickly is 12-18 hours.

You may be in major pain and then again you may not. But don't hesitate to go to the ER when the pain is bad because if the stone blocks the passage it becomes very serious. Good luck and I hope it passes easily. And if your doctor hasn't referred you to a urologist already, ask him to do so immediately.

Ok so I have been having some major stomach issues lately so the doc ordered me an ultrasound, everything looks good except for I have what is possibly a 3mm kidney stone. Has anyone gone through this? I'm really wondering what to expect... Will it be a sudden onset of major pain or will it be gradual? How long does it take to pass? Can you function while passing a stone? Any suggestions or advice would be GREATLY appreciated!!!

I only have one friend that has gone through this and he makes it out to be no big deal, which I know is BS.

3 MM is nothing .. 7 months ago I was in the ER twice, for stones.. I was one more visit away from being forced to go to a urologist to get the stint...

Anywho , I consider to have a hi pain threshold and it brought me to my knees, and almost passed out from it... I had no Idea what it was... After I went the first time they gave me fluids and Percocet 7.5... ( That is an awesome drug fyi ) and I passed 2, that I strained... 3,5MM..

But the pain kept coming, so I went back a month later , got an ultrasound, and they found 31 visible stones, ranging from 4mm-9mm.. 17 of them were 6+ mm and were blocking my pipes, so all the water and fluids I got to try and pass them added even MORE pressure and bloating and made it worse.. so I was stuck to meds again.. ended up passing 8 more after the first 2....

Thats my story :)

And like I said 3mm is nothing, you should pass them easily

EDIT

Oh and like Melisa said, they come without warning, and very sharp pains, that start from your lower back and travel around your side, then down to the urethra... Very painful little suckers if theyre big, or unless your Hank Hill

Edited by hzsogood

sorry to hear about this bro

a friend of mine had gaul stones i think it was and they was the size if a damn quarter or 50cent piece, they where huge, about 5 of em but he couldn't pass em, had to have surgery done, luckily ive not had any kidney stones yet, im gunna be 25 in sept, and i hope to not have em ever

they say alot of milk and tea cause em but i dunno, good luck wit it mane :drinks:

here's a link to my system 99 toyota tacoma , 2 mtx 8000 1504's in a sealed downfire , 1000w memphis amp

here's a link to my other system my 90 geo prizm test car

heres a thread i got of new songs u can dl that are legal = Some Good Bangage/you Can Dl These Free And Legit

redblob.gifbouncing%20blob.gif2yooj7m.pngmodel14.gif

Thanks guys, (and girls) I'm just kind of waiting here... Been trying to stay hydrated since that's about all I can do prep wise... I am going to go back to the doctor tomorrow for any last advice he may have as well... Got 5 lortabs on standby so that should help some.

I almost wish I didn't know it was there, because it's just got me anxious as hell!!!

But yeah, thanks SO MUCH for the replies, you all have helped tremendously!!!

Edited by akrja_07

2001 Chevy Silverado Ext. cab - Kenwood KIV-BT901 - 2x 12" DC Audio level 3 m2D1 in 4.2 cuft. @29Hz. - DC Audio 2.0k - Alpine Type-X components - US Amps USA-4300x - XS Power D4700 - Bosch 145a alternator

Youre welcome bro. Hey its better that you ask and know what to expect than all of a sudden get sharp pains and piss out a stone and not know what happened. Being informed about stuff like this helps you out in the end.

2004 GMC Envoy1 XS power S3400 batt under the hood and 4 XS Power D3100's battery installed in the rear by the amps0 gauge power wire from front to backAlpine iva-w205 touchscreen dvd/cd/mp3/ipod/am/fm/gps headunitSundown Audio SAX-200.4 amp for my mids and highs8 gauge speaker wire from amp to woofer270 amp Mechman AltRockford Fosgate T1652-s component speakersRockford Fosgate 3Sixty.2 sound processorRca's from Rockford Fosgate and Monster Cable14 gauge speaker wire for the mids and highs1 18" Ascendant Audio SMD Dual 1 ohm with custom Black & Blue carbon fiber and hand signed dustcapBox: 5.66 cubic feet net volume box tuned to 30.13Hz with 1.5" wide wooden dowels and 1.5" thick baffle1 DC Audio 5.0k amp wired to .5 ohms nominal with an imp rise of 1.35 ohms for the single AA SMD 18"Future Vision 8000k 50w bi-xenon projector HID's with 4300k 35w fog lightsLink to my build: Buildupdates/progress

• 2 weeks later...

Ok guys I have an update for you. This may be helpful to those of you that form these stones a lot... It may not. This may sound like B.S. but I feel I need to share it because there are some real horror stories on this thread, and I can't imagine going through what some of you have with these stones. Ok, so they found the stone in an ultrasound... I was doing some research on how to pass these as easily as possible and I came across this video. In the video this man states that if you drink the juice of 20 lemons (8oz. off the rip and the rest mixed with water for hours after,). That it will dissolve the 2 most common of the 4 types of stones. So I gave it a shot, figured fuck it, nothing to lose, plus lemons rock!! Anyways, I had a CT scan yesterday (2 weeks from original ultrasound findings, 1 week after drinking the juice) where they were specifically looking the stone AND IT WAS GONE!! I couldn't believe it!! So 1 of 3 things happened IMO:

1- God answered my prayers

2- The lemon juice worked

or

3- I passed it without knowing (HIGHLY unlikely)

I'm not saying I recommend doing this because it is kinda harsh, but I wanted to pass along the info in case any of you find yourself out of options... Here is the video. Good luck to all of you and thanks for all of your help and input, you all helped greatly!!

Congrats on getting rid of the stones without having to pass them. I hope i never get kidney stones myself but if i do ill have to give that a shot because i love lemons too. lol. I have surprisingly never heard of the lemon juice trick to dissolve stones so thats pretty cool.

2004 GMC Envoy1 XS power S3400 batt under the hood and 4 XS Power D3100's battery installed in the rear by the amps0 gauge power wire from front to backAlpine iva-w205 touchscreen dvd/cd/mp3/ipod/am/fm/gps headunitSundown Audio SAX-200.4 amp for my mids and highs8 gauge speaker wire from amp to woofer270 amp Mechman AltRockford Fosgate T1652-s component speakersRockford Fosgate 3Sixty.2 sound processorRca's from Rockford Fosgate and Monster Cable14 gauge speaker wire for the mids and highs1 18" Ascendant Audio SMD Dual 1 ohm with custom Black & Blue carbon fiber and hand signed dustcapBox: 5.66 cubic feet net volume box tuned to 30.13Hz with 1.5" wide wooden dowels and 1.5" thick baffle1 DC Audio 5.0k amp wired to .5 ohms nominal with an imp rise of 1.35 ohms for the single AA SMD 18"Future Vision 8000k 50w bi-xenon projector HID's with 4300k 35w fog lightsLink to my build: Buildupdates/progress