Sonic Electronix

Ok Guys i have a stupid annoying problem with my setup. before i go into this, I HAVE replaced all rcas with the Fosgate Twists, I have ran the rcas on different sides of the vehicle than the power. I've tried ground loop isolaters and ive tried to ground the preouts and nothing. I have the common supercharger noise coming through my mids and highs and its definitely annoying. I've tried pretty much everything to get rid of it and now its just getting worse. The newest addition happened today, when i use the bassknob to turn the bass on i can hear scratchy crackling noise coming through the highs. The thing is when the bass is off you cannot hear that noise with the volume turned up and bass down. So i know the mids and highs are fine. As far as the subs they are fine as well. nothing wrong with the amps, subs, or mids and highs. So I was researching about a ferrite core electric filter to install onto the hu wires. DOes anybody think this will help? All Input is needed.

Also.. THe Alpine EX10 is completley out of the install and the capacitors are out and replaced with kinetik Batts

man i had somewhat this problems with my old 2 10" fosgates in my ford focus and it was the amp ( cant remember what was bad but it was something small ) if i find anything or remember ill let you know

Thanks bro, anybody else have ideas

Edited by Toady

what clarion head unit

THERE IS NO BUILD LOG!

1998 Chevy Silverado ext cab

Alpine CDA-9887

4 Team Fi 15s

2 Ampere Audio TFE 8.0

2 Ampere Audio 150.4

3 Digital Designs CS6.5 component sets

Dual Mechman 370XP Elite alternators inbound!

8 XS Power d3400

6 XS power d680

Second Skin

Stinger

Tsunami Wiring

Sky High

A Real Voltmeter not a piece of shit stinger.

what clarion head unit

I Cant remember the exact model number, i do know its like a Clarion Pro Audio VRX Flipscreen. It was 1200 when it first came out. It happened about 1 week ago i was riding had music 25% up, then i turned it up and the bass and it was fine, about 4 minutes later it just started happening all of a sudden

I Cant remember the exact model number, i do know its like a Clarion Pro Audio VRX Flipscreen. It was 1200 when it first came out. It happened about 1 week ago i was riding had music 25% up, then i turned it up and the bass and it was fine, about 4 minutes later it just started happening all of a sudden

Clarion VRX-755VD

Not sure if this helps, but in my friends car we had a kicker 500.1 on his sub and a rockford 4 channel on the mids and highs. Had the same problem. couldn't figure it out and when we swapped the kicker sub amp for an aq1200 the noise went away,.

00' Nissan Xterra

Always under construction :]

HU: Pioneer DEH3100-UB

Mids & Highs: Kicker DS Component Set & Crescendo tweeters

Mids & Highs Amp: Rockford 150.2

Subwoofer: 2 DC Audio LV 4 18"s

Subwoofer Amp: Hifonics Brutus 2005d

you been hanging out with jeff and dustin with that green paint? its yellow so it has to be loud.

Did some testing today, I disconnected the mids and highs amp altogether and the popping noise went away. So I turned it up again and you could hear the bass distorting very badly, so after more testing I found out that I had a bad set of rcas. I replaced the rcas with a set of my testing rcas and the distortion went away. Ok so I hooked back up the mids and highs amp and the tweeter pop came back as soon as I turned the bass knob 3 clicks. I'm really confused guys and thinking about hanging audio up for good. I honestly can't find this problem.. I doubt its sub amp because it works perfectly without the highs amp connected. I doubt its the hu because its working fine, without bass the highs work fine, without the highs the bass works fine, what the hell is going on here???