Sonic Electronix

A wire sized hole? I'm pretty sure your supposed to use a ring terminal and bolt it onto a spot on the chassis thats been sanded clean like said before

I think he meant drill a whole through the body so you can get to the chassis. Then bolt it down to the chassis.

Yes. Frame of the car and chassis are the same thing, right?

Yes sir

2003 Dodge Ram 1500 SLT (Yea its got a Hemi)Alpine CDA-105KnuKonceptz 0ga CCA

Big 3 with Yellow Top

15" SoundQubed HDC3DC Audio 1.2K (Bass)Pioneer 6x9's (Front)Pioneer 6.5's (Rear)Kicker 3.5's (Dash)Sony amp on the highs. (Hey it was free)

So if I do have a battery in the back and I had it grounded to the seat belts and then from the batt to the amp. Do I definatly have to run a wire dirrectly from the main batt to the trunk batt and then to amp? And do I also have to ground the back batt to the trunk of the car or will just from the front batt to back batt be ok?

Well it depends on the car, not all cars have a "frame" in that case the chassis is the unibody, but in a car with an actual frame the chassis is the frame.

A wire sized hole? I'm pretty sure your supposed to use a ring terminal and bolt it onto a spot on the chassis thats been sanded clean like said before

I think he meant drill a whole through the body so you can get to the chassis. Then bolt it down to the chassis.

Yes. Frame of the car and chassis are the same thing, right?

Yes sir

Alright i thought i was missing something because i did say frame.

OP, just a neg run from the front batt to back batt is fine. Just make sure the front one is grounded well.

Edited by DannyV18

So if I do have a battery in the back and I had it grounded to the seat belts and then from the batt to the amp. Do I definatly have to run a wire dirrectly from the main batt to the trunk batt and then to amp? And do I also have to ground the back batt to the trunk of the car or will just from the front batt to back batt be ok?

If you have a battery in the trunk, you should have the amp grounded to the negative terminal on that battery. And you should have 2 runs of 1/0 (1 power, 1ground) going from the front battery to the rear battery. Also make sure that there is a fuse at each battery positive. And yes I think it's a good idea to have a ground going from the rear battery to the chassis as well.