Second Skin Audio

DC or JL Audio

So I've been reading up and although I've been set on getting a pair of 12" JL Audio W3V3 I think I may be leaning more toward a set of DC 12s. I'm liking the level 3s, but I can't seem to find prices or a place to buy them anywhere. I also like the little air space required in a sealed box that they require since my truck is going to be limited. I'd like to compare their prices to JL.

What would you go with? JL or DC?

05 Ram 1500 4x4 Hemi - 22x11 Fuel Hostage wrapped in 37" Nitto Mud Grappler - 3" Dual Flow Master w/ X pipe - 10" lift - Alpine 103BT Head unit - JL Audio J2-320.4 - JL Audio J2-1000.1 - (2) 12" JL Audio W3V3 - (2) sets of JL Audio components - 5% tint - 6000K HID - CAI - and more....

PM Rusty, Thor, or other DC dealers on here or call Rusty. Go to their site and get the number and call them tomorrow.

I liked my W3's, but they can handle rated power and that's about it, where as DC's subs seem to be capable of taking quite a bit over rated.

SMD Super Seller/Buyer

Audison----Hertz----Rainbow

Dc will more than likely be cheaper than the jl's ...but since you are limited on space I can't really say what will perform the best. i have used dc and jl...dc sounds way better in my application

00' Nissan Xterra

Always under construction :]

HU: Pioneer DEH3100-UB

Mids & Highs: Kicker DS Component Set & Crescendo tweeters

Mids & Highs Amp: Rockford 150.2

Subwoofer: 2 DC Audio LV 4 18"s

Subwoofer Amp: Hifonics Brutus 2005d

you been hanging out with jeff and dustin with that green paint? its yellow so it has to be loud.

ive got a level 3 and got mine for 250 with level 4 softparts.

i beat the hell outta mine and it runs like a champ.

you wont be disappointed if you buy one

The IrishmanDCSig.jpgCheck out my build hereXL 4th order wall build logIn Progress:alpine cda HU4th order Bandpass2xl 15's1- ab 400.1 (gonna be two hopefully)4- Crescendo 8's2- xts crecendo supertweeters

2 sq super tweetsMb quart 4.125Mechman 270a alt1- xs D27003- xs XP3000

4- odessey pc1700seller feed back threadhttp://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/136418-d-train-13k/

I have always loved JL, I have never heard DC but I hear their awesome. If I had the chance to try them I would for sure. Really a tough call

Since were all having a moment of truth.

I hate country too..

I'd only listen to it if I got some hotass bitch in my car and shes gonna suck my dick.

wow i was expecting all the jl haters to erupt out of the floor boards with this thread. I saw it and was like omfg here we go again. lol

BUILD LINK: http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/112034-2-sundown-18s-98-f-150/page__p__1565972__fromsearch__1#entry1565972

98 Ford F-150
Truck:
37" superswamper tsl radials
16" ion alloy wheels
3" body lift
2" suspension lift
Offbrand brushguard
PIAA driving lights
6000K HID's
System:
2 18" Sundown Nightshaed
Aq3500
Custom Fiberglass box
fosgate T1 6x8 Coxials
bass inferno 2000 watt 4 channel
2 XS power d3100's
0 Gauge

Dc will more than likely be cheaper than the jl's ...but since you are limited on space I can't really say what will perform the best. i have used dc and jl...dc sounds way better in my application

This exactly. You'd save some money buying dc. But none the less, best of luck deciding :drinks:

My F-150 Build (So Far)

2 DC L3 10's

Kenwood KDC-X794

(4) Selenium ST200 (Highs)

(2) RE X8 (Mids)

Sundown Sub/Mid/High Amps

Shuriken Batteries

Knu Wiring

My Feedback Thread

I've been out of the audio scene for about 10 years now and back then everyone wanted JL. I'm just trying to figure out what's good nowadays within a reasonable price. Hands down, the DC subs look like a better built sub than the JL, but I wanted to see what everyone else says. I'll get some quotes from the people you guys recommended.

05 Ram 1500 4x4 Hemi - 22x11 Fuel Hostage wrapped in 37" Nitto Mud Grappler - 3" Dual Flow Master w/ X pipe - 10" lift - Alpine 103BT Head unit - JL Audio J2-320.4 - JL Audio J2-1000.1 - (2) 12" JL Audio W3V3 - (2) sets of JL Audio components - 5% tint - 6000K HID - CAI - and more....

I've been out of the audio scene for about 10 years now and back then everyone wanted JL. I'm just trying to figure out what's good nowadays within a reasonable price. Hands down, the DC subs look like a better built sub than the JL, but I wanted to see what everyone else says. I'll get some quotes from the people you guys recommended.

99% of the population of this world still wants JL... Doesnt seem like it changed much...

Which JLs you looking at?

You know how you avoid that? Man the fuck up and bang her best friend sister mom cousin worst enemy and never look back.

JUST SAY ANTI-AUDIOPIPE