Sonic Electronix

I used second skin damplifier on the back of my plastic door panel in 50 degree weather and installed it completely by hand. No heat, no roller. Just put it on and push down even in corners it was easy as hell. And it is by far a much better product then any asphalt based stuff

I want my car to be completely silent on the inside even when im on the interstate. I want to put damplifier on my entire car, doors, trunk, floor, and possibly the roof but i'm not sure if its necessary. How many square feet would i need approximately, I drive a 2000 toyota solara?

Pioneer 6300ub

Rockford Prime 6.5's

Pioneer 6x9's

Alpine MRP-M500

10" Alpine Type R

1.4 Cubic Foot Enclosure Tuned to 34 hz

Stinger 4 Gauge Wires

Me? I could probably use 2-250^ feet in a four door car. Lol. But honestly if you bought a shop pack of like 160^ft which I like $350ish I think? It's less then $2 a foot. Maybe cheaper I don't remember the math. It is worth it IMO...

2013 F150 Crew Cab

Old Build Log

Feedback

2013 F150

Equipment - Some Awesome Stereo Sound Making Stuff

i used peel and seal in my last build all over my trunk lid.....i had no problem with it falling off in 100 degrre weather and 100% humidity and it didnt stink either. guess i got lucky but it didnt stop the rattling i had. the only thing that stopped the rattling was the weather stripping i put around the edge of the trunk lid..... i am not buying peel and seal again for any of my builds.

I don't fuck around. I go from zero to I hope you die in less than 2 posts

build log http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/104524-new-subs-coming-sundown-3500d-arc-audio-cable-lacing-crescendo/

I used second skin damplifier on the back of my plastic door panel in 50 degree weather and installed it completely by hand. No heat, no roller. Just put it on and push down even in corners it was easy as hell. And it is by far a much better product then any asphalt based stuff

I want my car to be completely silent on the inside even when im on the interstate. I want to put damplifier on my entire car, doors, trunk, floor, and possibly the roof but i'm not sure if its necessary. How many square feet would i need approximately, I drive a 2000 toyota solara?

youll never achieve that. windows and door seals etc are all impossible to deaden. you can get it close but not complete

THERE IS NO BUILD LOG!

1998 Chevy Silverado ext cab

Alpine CDA-9887

4 Team Fi 15s

2 Ampere Audio TFE 8.0

2 Ampere Audio 150.4

3 Digital Designs CS6.5 component sets

Dual Mechman 370XP Elite alternators inbound!

8 XS Power d3400

6 XS power d680

Second Skin

Stinger

Tsunami Wiring

Sky High

A Real Voltmeter not a piece of shit stinger.

jreese92, if you want your vehicle completely silent (or as close to it as you can get in a vehicle) you will need to use a combination of products. Both a CLD mat and a MLV product would be the way to go.

If you want to cover all of those places on your Solara, like Robert said, 160 sq. ft. would do it.

Later,

Have a question about Second Skin? E-Mail me!

usa_render4.png

newls I hate to argue with you but Ive seen it used more than id care to admit. Have I used it? absolutely not. Its a roofing material it needs to stay on a roof. Ive seen it used in a car with leather interior and after it melted from the roof and ruined the leather it opened a few eyes. I refuse to use an inferior deadener with zero acoustical properties. Throw in the fact that its paper thin and to even come close to a real deadener like damp pro you need to do multipl layers and now your cost is roughly the same Ill just stick to doing it right once. if you want a cheaper deadener there are other options out there. I dont know about you but the only thing i have in my ride from lowes or home depot is some tape zipties and solder. It will stay that way.

your not arguing, your just stating your opinion :clapping: I like what I have, other people dont have to agree with it!!

I love my staffie :good:

So anti FACEBOOK it isn't even funny

instead of using luxury liner or somethin similar to that, could i just double layer the damplifier pro and get close to the same effect?

Pioneer 6300ub

Rockford Prime 6.5's

Pioneer 6x9's

Alpine MRP-M500

10" Alpine Type R

Stinger 4 Gauge Wires

I used it in my Excursion about 10 years ago when I bought the truck. For a few years it did a good job over nothing at all. After about 8 years, I started to get seepage of the asphalt through the carpet and and headliner. I also had an issue of it coming loose in a door and getting into the track. It wasn't until this that I even noticed I had an issue. Once i pulled the panels I knew just how bad the problem was.

When I did finally pull it out, It was very easy to do. I didn't take any pictures at the time because I was very embarrassed of what had happen and my all mightiness stand on it being a good alternative to a real deadner. I now wished I had taken pictures because it was a huge mess.

Now, If you want to look at it from a coverage standpoint, it takes about 2 layers to get the same effectiveness as a base line deadner, 3 layers compared to a premium product. If you do price per square foot comparison between the two, You will see that it's not too much more per SF to do it right.

I lived and learned the hard way, so people seam to have a better experience then others.

Designing, building, and shipping boxes. Yahoo IM - kingsuv00If the listening level is too loud, please inform the driver, so he can promptly pull over, and let you out.

not many cars can get me to pluggin my ears but this one.......damn. I mean the first minute is ok but that thing just really starts digging deeper and deeper in your earhole till you cant stand it no more. Seems like it does it with relative ease....16 12's on 8 amps.........gotta love it. :)

instead of using luxury liner or somethin similar to that, could i just double layer the damplifier pro and get close to the same effect?

Doubling up will not give you the same results as using a MLV product.

Cliff Notes reply: CLDs absorb and dissipate vibrations through low level heat, where as MLVs actually block the sound waves. Combining the two types of products gives you both absorption and blocking properties.

If you want me to dive deeper into how each product works, just ask.

Later,

Have a question about Second Skin? E-Mail me!

usa_render4.png

Doubling up will not give you the same results as using a MLV product.

Cliff Notes reply: CLDs absorb and dissipate vibrations through low level heat, where as MLVs actually block the sound waves. Combining the two types of products gives you both absorption and blocking properties.

If you want me to dive deeper into how each product works, just ask.

Later,

I'm just concerned about not being able to fit the luxury liner in my door panels

Pioneer 6300ub

Rockford Prime 6.5's

Pioneer 6x9's

Alpine MRP-M500

10" Alpine Type R

Stinger 4 Gauge Wires

Archived