At work wednesday night my finger was closed in a walk-in cooler door. Ended up getting 4 stitches and its fractured. Will I really have to wear this godforsaken splint for 6-8 weeks? Does it hurt like hell having stiyches removed while your bone is broken? Any input helps ..first bone ive ever broken and first stitches i've ever had to get lol. Btw they already have me back to work and boy does it suck only being able to use 1 hand (THANKS WORKERS COMP!)

00' Nissan Xterra

Always under construction :]

HU: Pioneer DEH3100-UB

Mids & Highs: Kicker DS Component Set & Crescendo tweeters

Mids & Highs Amp: Rockford 150.2

Subwoofer: 2 DC Audio LV 4 18"s

Subwoofer Amp: Hifonics Brutus 2005d

you been hanging out with jeff and dustin with that green paint? its yellow so it has to be loud.

At work wednesday night my finger was closed in a walk-in cooler door. Ended up getting 4 stitches and its fractured. Will I really have to wear this godforsaken splint for 6-8 weeks? Does it hurt like hell having stiyches removed while your bone is broken? Any input helps ..first bone ive ever broken and first stitches i've ever had to get lol. Btw they already have me back to work and boy does it suck only being able to use 1 hand (THANKS WORKERS COMP!)

Ouch, that sucks. The only time I broke something was my thumb, because I put my hand out so my rib cage wouldn't break. Yes, you have to wear it for that long for it to recover, otherwise it won't heal properly and it'll hurt. Not too sure about the stitches part, but I'm thinking yes. However, they might sedate you slightly (but probably not). And it hurts a bit (depending if the stitches are on an area with a lot of nerves).

Ouch man. I cut my thumb on a table saw a few months ago. :ehh:

First time I ever went to the hospital. 16 stitches in a 2 inch area. They probably gave you some cream to put on the stitches. Be sure to use it. It keeps out bacteria and also keeps the area wet so the stitches dont hurt when they are pulled out. Mine hurt :nea:

O and I had to go back and have surgery on my thumb because I cut the nerve and tendon. I could hardly move my thumb so they had to do something about it.

Still don't have full feeling in my thumb about 4 months later. Probably never will.

Good luck!

2003 Dodge Ram 1500 SLT (Yea its got a Hemi)Alpine CDA-105KnuKonceptz 0ga CCA

Big 3 with Yellow Top

15" SoundQubed HDC3DC Audio 1.2K (Bass)Pioneer 6x9's (Front)Pioneer 6.5's (Rear)Kicker 3.5's (Dash)Sony amp on the highs. (Hey it was free)

yeah the stitches are pretty much in the crease towards the end of the finger. right index finger ftl. makes school, work, and EVERYTHING harder to do

00' Nissan Xterra

you been hanging out with jeff and dustin with that green paint? its yellow so it has to be loud.

Ouch, that sucks. The only time I broke something was my thumb, because I put my hand out so my rib cage wouldn't break. Yes, you have to wear it for that long for it to recover, otherwise it won't heal properly and it'll hurt. Not too sure about the stitches part, but I'm thinking yes. However, they might sedate you slightly (but probably not). And it hurts a bit (depending if the stitches are on an area with a lot of nerves).

They didnt give me anything. Its gonna hurt. Bite something and yell.

Big 3 with Yellow Top

15" SoundQubed HDC3DC Audio 1.2K (Bass)Pioneer 6x9's (Front)Pioneer 6.5's (Rear)Kicker 3.5's (Dash)Sony amp on the highs. (Hey it was free)

Ouch man. I cut my thumb on a table saw a few months ago. :ehh:

First time I ever went to the hospital. 16 stitches in a 2 inch area. They probably gave you some cream to put on the stitches. Be sure to use it. It keeps out bacteria and also keeps the area wet so the stitches dont hurt when they are pulled out. Mine hurt :nea:

O and I had to go back and have surgery on my thumb because I cut the nerve and tendon. I could hardly move my thumb so they had to do something about it.

Still don't have full feeling in my thumb about 4 months later. Probably never will.

Good luck!

damn man they didn't give me anything to put on it. I went straight to the E.R when it happened and they told me to put like neosporin on it when i change the dressing every day, but when my workers comp person called me he told me that the doctor the e.r told me to go to is not where they're sending me cuz it has to be on their approved list. So they sent me to a clinic to get a drug test and have them examine my finger. those people told me not to put anything on it. they did give me antibiotics at the hospital though.

00' Nissan Xterra

yeah the stitches are pretty much in the crease towards the end of the finger. right index finger ftl. makes school, work, and EVERYTHING harder to do

Is it your writing hand? It wasn't for me but everything was alot harder. I needed help everytime I took my coat on and off. That was embarrassing asking strangers for help with my coat...... :pardon:

Big 3 with Yellow Top

Neosporin will do fine. Keep the dressings clean and wash it daily.

Big 3 with Yellow Top

Is it your writing hand? It wasn't for me but everything was alot harder. I needed help everytime I took my coat on and off. That was embarrassing asking strangers for help with my coat...... :pardon:

yep my writing hand. cant tie my shoes and can hardly unzip my pants just to take a piss.

ive been scared to wash the finger cuz it hurts so bad

Edited by Slawsen

00' Nissan Xterra

Ouch, writting hand is even worse. Daily tasks are all challenges. I laughed at myself alot because I looked stupid doing things.

To clean it you can run it under mildly warm water and brush it with a clean gauze pad. Maybe hand soap if you feel up to it. But the LAST thing you want is for it to get infected.

Edited by blownengine

Big 3 with Yellow Top