Second Skin Audio

Torres box calculator

eric78702

I had that problem once when i was building a box for my friend that was ported on the side. Its hard because with RE you cant change which side has the port.

I just messed with the numbers until the port was on the side I wanted.

Didnt take to lond to figure out.

Bottom line is any of the calculators work and give you the right numbers. It's just which one YOU like better.

2003 Dodge Ram 1500 SLT (Yea its got a Hemi)Alpine CDA-105KnuKonceptz 0ga CCA

Big 3 with Yellow Top

15" SoundQubed HDC3DC Audio 1.2K (Bass)Pioneer 6x9's (Front)Pioneer 6.5's (Rear)Kicker 3.5's (Dash)Sony amp on the highs. (Hey it was free)

• Replies 40
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Well the RE calc doesn't account for displacement, bracing, etc.....with Torres my tuning says 38hz, with RE my tuning said 35hz. :shrug:

Ok you may have caught me there. :ehh:

Big 3 with Yellow Top

15" SoundQubed HDC3DC Audio 1.2K (Bass)Pioneer 6x9's (Front)Pioneer 6.5's (Rear)Kicker 3.5's (Dash)Sony amp on the highs. (Hey it was free)

i'm not quite sure how mine isn't easy to use? you input dimensions, and it outputs results. you just type in width, height, and length of the box/port and you got yourself a basic box. directions are in the help buttons, and even has links to pictures that show what certain boxes/ports look like. dno what else to say to help you lol

EDIT: and if the RE calc does take out port displacement (which i hope it would do at least that), i bet it doesn't take out end correction

its because your calc doesnt show what the box will look like

R.I.P!

(Nov-29-2009)

92 explorer

- 4 Atomic Apxx 15s duel .7s - 4rth order bandpass wall -4 powerbass XA-3000D's - 16 8volt batts wired to 16 volts - (9+/9-) runs 0gauge - 152.3 Db @ 29hz

current build

97 chevy lumina4 - 1 Atomic Apx 18 - 6 cube slot port trunk sealed off - 1 powerbass XA-3000D - 2 optima G31s in spare tire18 1 run 1/0

It doesn't I would like a visual to see where my port is...

You can put it wherever you want. Just visualize it, sketch it out, and cut pieces accordingly.

Big 3 with Yellow Top

Archived