Second Skin Audio

NEED SOME BOX DESIGNS SO I CAN GET MY 15S OUT THIS HORRIBLE PREFAB

i have 2 dual 4ohm l7 15s and I have the the aq2200d in the mail. has anyone had any experience with this setup and i need a box design with subs facing up and the port to the back and in the center of the box. its goin in a 1999 c2500 suburban. n my max deminsion are 46 in side to side,23 in from seat to back doors and thats leaving me 7-9 inchs breathing room, and 20-24 in height. i want 5 cubes per speaker and tuned around 35 hz wanna get started on box soon thank for any input. also i need a layout sheet not just the calculator with cutsheet specs. this will be my first box build n wanna do it right the first time.

• Replies 39
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

make a sealed box, as big as possible, put a piece of mdf down the middle to split the chambers, and fill the chambers with polyfill. thank me later.

i hope nobody saw my massive failure before i eddited that.

Edited by BanginOnABudget

24pm3xe.jpg

im taking out my passenger seat, battery is disconnected, going to unwire and take out the three amps, take out the 70+ lb box, then the platform so i can crimp 1 wire.

Almost as bad as those fegs that put those horns in their grills and roll down the street distorting the block....

1990 Jeep Cherokee 2 Dr.

Big-3 in 0g on Stock Alt.

Pioneer 6.5" and 5.25"s temp. until i can afford the new crescendos.

Pioneer 6000ub Reciever

NO amps at the moment. SA-15 on 1kw coming soon.

MSG Me for a free enclosure design!!

Flared port kits coming soon!!

Its louder with everything facing back.

Just fyi

Id do 4.5 each with 16sq in per.

Tune to 38

2008 California state record holder 157.2 Bassrace2009 California state record holder 157.0 BassraceRollin 50's 158.7db2009 King of Cali Bassrace2009 USACi score 160.5 @ 42hz

Seems like you know what you want already. Why don't you download WinISD? It will help you with simulating the box tuning, dimensions and even the port.

It doesn't make much sense having someone else making you a whole cut sheet when you are going to be the one putting it all together...

I don't agree with all of this guy's politics, but this is about the best howto video I've seen on youtube.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5VFx37kz5Ww

EDIT:

That hexibase guy is super detailed and although his techniques are sound they are not for your first build...

Forget that vid... I forgot about this one it is much much better.

Edited by srp365

2007 Pacifica
Rebuild. Less quiet. Still not loud.

Guys, noles is my boy. He was talking to me about wanting to do a decent box for his L7's. I told him to register here and ask for a design. The reason for this is I made a couple posts just asking for suggestions on tuning, volume etc. and had guys PMing me designs and posting them on the threads without me even asking, tons of you offered to design a box so I figure surely someone would help him out.

I don't really want to give him too much advice because I still know very little about designing boxes. I can do it on the re audio site, but from what I have read here those boxes aren't exactly correct a lot of the time, and I don't know anything about sub up port back boxes. Can someone just list a program that's fairly easy to use and free? I'll mess around with it and see if I can't make a design for him, I could use the practice anyways..

2001 Chevy Silverado Ext. cab - Kenwood KIV-BT901 - 2x 12" DC Audio level 3 m2D1 in 4.2 cuft. @29Hz. - DC Audio 2.0k - Alpine Type-X components - US Amps USA-4300x - XS Power D4700 - Bosch 145a alternator

I DONT UNDERSTAND why people keep putting square subs in vented enclosures.... but do whatever you want OP.

24pm3xe.jpg

im taking out my passenger seat, battery is disconnected, going to unwire and take out the three amps, take out the 70+ lb box, then the platform so i can crimp 1 wire.

Almost as bad as those fegs that put those horns in their grills and roll down the street distorting the block....

1990 Jeep Cherokee 2 Dr.

Big-3 in 0g on Stock Alt.

Pioneer 6.5" and 5.25"s temp. until i can afford the new crescendos.

Pioneer 6000ub Reciever

NO amps at the moment. SA-15 on 1kw coming soon.

MSG Me for a free enclosure design!!

Flared port kits coming soon!!

i dont understand why the fuck you would say contact me for free box design and not give no help other than put it in a seald seperated box. but thanks for nothing anyway

at least could have said hey ive had this bad experience or they do this or that but thats what i get for gettin on here n askin when i knew i would get no help after 6 diff posts of asking

make a sealed box, as big as possible, put a piece of mdf down the middle to split the chambers, and fill the chambers with polyfill. thank me later.

i hope nobody saw my massive failure before i eddited that.

^^ x2 i had 2 same model subs on 2 1000.1s i went 4.5 sealed each sub and they loved it. It will hit the lows even sealed i promise

Edited by Liftedsilverado

Everythings in the attic or garage since the truck was sold last year. New build should be coming soon in a dodge cummins smile.gif