Second Skin Audio

NEED SOME BOX DESIGNS SO I CAN GET MY 15S OUT THIS HORRIBLE PREFAB

make a sealed box, as big as possible, put a piece of mdf down the middle to split the chambers, and fill the chambers with polyfill. thank me later.

i hope nobody saw my massive failure before i eddited that.

^^ x2 i had 2 same model subs on 2 1000.1s i wen 4.5 sealed each sub and they loved it. It will hit the lows even seale i promise

i wanted to put the zx1000.1 on each one but i didnt have the $850 so spend on em so i went with the aq2200d should be right around same power @ 1ohm.

• Replies 39
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Yea should be a nice match for the subs. Honestly i tryed ported boxes for them and they always sounded terrible imo. I threw them in a huge sealed box and they got down and suprisingly low

what did you have them. bout big of a box i could use is 22x23x46

I believe mine were in 4.25 or 4.5ft^3 before displacement. If i were you i'd sell the L7s and get round woofers imo. If you plan to run the L7s go as big as possible on sealed. Use your max dimensions and build it as bangin said. You will be happy with the end results

Everythings in the attic or garage since the truck was sold last year. New build should be coming soon in a dodge cummins smile.gif

I have to agree... I've seen and heard a lot of L7 installs and they like sealed a lot. It's not that ported is all that bad but it's not like you gain anything. I like the simplest answer that yields favorable results.

Not every sub in the world likes ported... I remember when the Solobarics came out and people said they sucked because they were putting them in big ported boxes. They were the tightest I ever heard at the time and in a tiny sealed box no less.

2007 Pacifica
Rebuild. Less quiet. Still not loud.

I have to agree... I've seen and heard a lot of L7 installs and they like sealed a lot. It's not that ported is all that bad but it's not like you gain anything. I like the simplest answer that yields favorable results.

Not every sub in the world likes ported... I remember when the Solobarics came out and people said they sucked because they were putting them in big ported boxes. They were the tightest I ever heard at the time and in a tiny sealed box no less.

Its no use SRP. I told the OP earlier he would be happy with the results of a sealed box with the subs. He has already started another thread for the same topic i guess hoping to hear what he already has his mind set on(going ported) so cant really state opinions to hm.

Everythings in the attic or garage since the truck was sold last year. New build should be coming soon in a dodge cummins smile.gif

I feel like this thread goes back in time. People love to think they are on the cusp of something new. Again id love to challenge anti es sealed box vs my ported.

I never said its the best possibility. Its the best possibility for him. Those L7s get loud but i could never get them in anything i found suited for my taste, and the OP stated he has very litte experience designing and building. Im sure someone with a fair amount of knowledge could build something suitable. Bust as far as the experience hes claiming and my past exp. With L7s id say huge sealed

I feel like this thread goes back in time. People love to think they are on the cusp of something new. Again id love to challenge anti es sealed box vs my ported.

Those square subs will get louder in a sealed box over a ported. Just like n8 tried to tell the OP. It has to do with how the sound waves work and move...i'm not completely sure about all the science behind it, but i do know from experience, they sound better in sealed boxes.

mivtCK.png

Sealed may sound "better" depending on what you're after. But ported will without a doubt be louder. And most people using a pair of 15" L7's are looking to get loud.

Ryan Miskin - owner of RAM Designs

I have my PM's turned off, please email at <script data-cfhash='f9e31' type="text/javascript"> /* */</script>

2200+ designs since March 2011...