Second Skin Audio

NEED SOME BOX DESIGNS SO I CAN GET MY 15S OUT THIS HORRIBLE PREFAB

I feel like this thread goes back in time. People love to think they are on the cusp of something new. Again id love to challenge anti es sealed box vs my ported.

I never said its the best possibility. Its the best possibility for him. Those L7s get loud but i could never get them in anything i found suited for my taste, and the OP stated he has very litte experience designing and building. Im sure someone with a fair amount of knowledge could build something suitable. Bust as far as the experience hes claiming and my past exp. With L7s id say huge sealed

first off i never said i was onto something new. i just opinions from more that one person. i dont decide off what one person says. i appreciate your inputs. but yall are only 2 of 4 people to write any response. n just want to hear more. n if i went seald should i stick at 5cubes each or go for the max of 6.

As RAM stated if you arent to concerned with SQ you just want to be loud then do ported. But if you care about sounding good while bumping i'd say sealed. Its personal preference in the end. If you get with RAM he can design an excellent box for a very good price.

Everythings in the attic or garage since the truck was sold last year. New build should be coming soon in a dodge cummins smile.gif

As RAM stated if you arent to concerned with SQ you just want to be loud then do ported. But if you care about sounding good while bumping i'd say sealed. Its personal preference in the end. If you get with RAM he can design an excellent box for a very good price.

ok what is sq ???? and im not gonna be doin any comps or anything just everyday beatdown. and i listen to almost all kinds of music.

i gave you a design with exactly what you wanted

right around 5 cubes each tuned to 35Hz with 120 square inches of port

and i had 4 L7 15s in a 20+cube box at 30hz and it sounded good

pounded the lows like crazy and did fine on higher notes

2014 Chevy Silverado Crewcab

1994 Chevy Full Size blazer

yea you did ricky. im just tryin to get alot of different opinions

it wasnt me bakerman. Im not an advocate of a sealed box for shit. Of course I hate l7s and wouldnt run them if they were free either.

regardless ported > sealed everytime in the loudness category.

THERE IS NO BUILD LOG!

1998 Chevy Silverado ext cab

Alpine CDA-9887

4 Team Fi 15s

2 Ampere Audio TFE 8.0

2 Ampere Audio 150.4

3 Digital Designs CS6.5 component sets

Dual Mechman 370XP Elite alternators inbound!

8 XS Power d3400

6 XS power d680

Second Skin

Stinger

Tsunami Wiring

Sky High

A Real Voltmeter not a piece of shit stinger.

i know man i understand

but im jus sayin i have experience with your truck and ive only ran L7 15s for the last two years

and with a AQ2200D (i own one also) they will sound good

you said you wanted port in the middle and subs up :drinks:

ill mess with Torres box Calc some more and ill pm you

2014 Chevy Silverado Crewcab

1994 Chevy Full Size blazer

ok what is sq ???? and im not gonna be doin any comps or anything just everyday beatdown. and i listen to almost all kinds of music.

SQ is sound quality. And who knows you may achieve both with the design ricky did for you. Alot of people get different outcomes, its all in the build. But if you are not very confident with your wood working skills and want to be absolute on best sounding way sealed is the way for you. You can always rebuild if youre not happy in the end :)

Everythings in the attic or garage since the truck was sold last year. New build should be coming soon in a dodge cummins smile.gif

i know man i understand

but im jus sayin i have experience with your truck and ive only ran L7 15s for the last two years

and with a AQ2200D (i own one also) they will sound good

you said you wanted port in the middle and subs up :drinks:

ill mess with Torres box Calc some more and ill pm you

did you have the aq2200d on all for subs or strap 2 together. n his box design so far is the one lookin the best. and ive never built no box like these but i have pretty decent woodworking skills id like to think. n not so much a fan of sealed. the first box i had em in was sealed and this prefab sounds a lil better then it did and its ported but i feel its way to smal for them and not tuned right.