Great sq subs

FreekDesignz

to all of you people saying the Fi Q is a SQ woofer, seriously, im tired of people saying this shit, high qts, large vas, and HELLA high free air resonance means the sundown SA line is more built than Qs for SQ.

Good SQ companies, are JL, alpine, SA-sundown line, peerless SLS, XLS, and XXLS line, hivi SP10 ([email protected] in 1ft^3 sealed with light stuffing to break up rear wave distortion)

The best woofer for the money SQ wise is the Type-r line. They dont need a big box, and love being tuned low, and dont believe this whole 12-18sq.in. of port area for your ports, thats horse shit, the port area you need depends on how much linear excursion your sub has, how big your box is, and the most important part, the frequency you're tuned to.

Any questions, http://www.facebook.com/skylar.dunn1

im tired of people thinking they know shit because someone told it to them on a forum. seriously people. i've seen $35 8"s with far better sound characteristics than a fucking fi Q.

notice: i only mentioned brands most people would know about, i know there are better ones out there, but i doubt most users on here even know what the DLS X-Program is.

ID is good, but you can get a sub thats just as good for half the money.

Getting bass into the cabin of a W124 mercedes is impossible.

Current setup:

Temp 1999 panasonic HU

rockford 300.2 for fronts

rockford 200.2 for rears

rockford 400.1 for sub

Leaning towards a 8" in an exponential horn

DAMN YOU GERMANS AND YOUR 5" SPEAKERS!

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

A type r? Seriously lol who died and made you the sq guru?

it does a very good job at blending and not localizing. It does not mask the distortion coming from your amp at all and colors slightly in the higher freq range. For $100 I think I can forgive it for that though. ;)

mcintoshsigz.png

previously known as wenn_du_weinst aka fucking internet coward supreme.  I talk shit on other forums like a little bitch and hope i don't get caught out on the street.  

I will how ever stand up and put my self out there and say the ultimo is the best sq driver I have ever heard, I've heard a lot and nothing is as fast, and sharp as the ultimo. How ever it will not get loud at all (which I care nothing about but plenty do) and it will give you the feeling of having no sub at all for the people used to hearing the distortion of their subs and fallen into the guise of thinking that's how bass should sound.

The 2nd best sub I've heard was the focal kx 13. It did have a slight ''bright'' sound to the bass though imo.

and the w6 is the best I've heard for under $400, it is heavy and boomy sounding though, which I do not like about it, because of that you can deff tell you have a subwoofer and not fall into the idea of standing in front of a live performance.

edit: and I am still laughing at the thought of the Sundown SA being a sq driver.

mcintoshsigz.png

previously known as wenn_du_weinst aka fucking internet coward supreme.  I talk shit on other forums like a little bitch and hope i don't get caught out on the street.  

Ha, well i heard 4 Sa-10s on mac (sorry, mcintosh) amps in an eclipse, sounded fantastic, i'd like to know who designed the enclosure, played +/- 2dB from 13hz-56hz, i've never seen extension like that, but then again, the resonance of the eclipse was silly low. I think the build is on mp3car somewhere, but that car active RCA delay system for the woofers, some computer that speeds up and slows down RCA current on the subs so there is no phase problems with the subs V/s the mids, sounded accurate as f*ck, but honesly, the typical user on this forum shouldnt be concerned with SQ unless they want to spend 100+ hours and thousands of dollars dampening and soundproofing their cabin.

oh, and that eclipse had a 7.1 setup point sourced at the drivers seat, sounded amazing, used all focal polyglass drivers.

Getting bass into the cabin of a W124 mercedes is impossible.

Current setup:

Temp 1999 panasonic HU

rockford 300.2 for fronts

rockford 200.2 for rears

rockford 400.1 for sub

Leaning towards a 8" in an exponential horn

DAMN YOU GERMANS AND YOUR 5" SPEAKERS!

lol focal that explains why you like the sa's for sq. The amp is what was making those subs seem ''sq'' They are still spl subs imo until I hear one that disappears into nothing they will stay that way in my mind.

mcintoshsigz.png

Archived