Second Skin Audio

Hey AudioQue Owneres!! and everyone else

How much power are you putting to it?

900 rms (via SoundStream DTR1.400)

900 watts to a 600 watt sub with a clipped signal=Funny smells :lol:

True Dat. thats why i want to upgrade to a HDC3 15 or if i go the DC route Lv 4 or XL and run my amp at 1 ohm at 1400 Rms

2003 VW Jetta Wagon AA Mayhem 15's Flatline BA2 2 XS D3100's in rear Shuriken BT80 under hood

Mike Singer 250A SHCA and KnuKonceptz wire Big 4+

AQ / Dayton pro mids+monsoon tweets

My Build : http://www.stevemead...35#entry1989435

I can't stress how important scoping an amp is if you want to over power a sub. Clipping lights on some amps (IE: AQ, Stetsom, Soundigital) are better than nothing, but you just can't replace a scope.

Brother had two on a aq1200. Never hard clipped and subsonic exactly at box tuning. If it played 1hz below tuning you could smell the coils. They never actually got hot and even after we took them out if the box the coils looked brand new. Think it's just the subs being so stiff.

Yeah, I'd say they still looked like new too. I hope they survive what's coming though. :pardon:

Need Test Tones/Sine Waves? Click Here!

My Saab 9000 build
1993 Saab 9000 Aero 5spd
Pioneer - Zapco - Hifonics - Sundown Audio - O2 Audio - RE Audio

Just Say No To Rear Speakers
Just Say No To CCA Wire
Real Men Drive Stick

Hit me up on Facebook, if you want

Demons is a great tune.

By bass boost, do you mean the gain knob or the booster on the amp?

If your using the boost on the amp, you're more likely to clip.

2005 Subaru Outback Wagon Pioneer 9400BH Fi Q 15, SAZ1500dV3

The first build>>> http://www.stevemead...-outback-build/

140.9 @ 36hz Sealed on dash!

REBUILT!!! 2 Fi Q 15s, 2 SAZ1500dv3 146.9 @ 39hz dBDRA certified

If by pushing it further than before, you mean clipping it...don't do it and you won't smell coil burning, lol.

true true. i need to find someone in orlando Fl with a O scope a Term Lab and a kind heart lol

I believe malib00m and lascivious on here get something goin in orlando on the weekends with a termlab and such. May want to contact one of them FYI

Edited by Liftedsilverado

Everythings in the attic or garage since the truck was sold last year. New build should be coming soon in a dodge cummins smile.gif

the amp. also i have heard before that just having the remote knob pluged it will clip. idk if it true or not. maby on some amps? idk

Edited by PowerHouse407

2003 VW Jetta Wagon AA Mayhem 15's Flatline BA2 2 XS D3100's in rear Shuriken BT80 under hood

If by pushing it further than before, you mean clipping it...don't do it and you won't smell coil burning, lol.

true true. i need to find someone in orlando Fl with a O scope a Term Lab and a kind heart lol

I believe malib00m and lascivious on here get something goin in orlando on the weekends with a termlab and such. May want to contact one of them FYI

Hmmm thank you i think i will. that would be sweet.

Turn bass boost off, then bumb for a little while and tell us if you smell anything.

yah im shure if i turn it off i wont smell anything ( but i will probly have half the bass) but now i know not to play demons at my max.

also what do you guys think about soundstream amps??

Brother had two on a aq1200. Never hard clipped and subsonic exactly at box tuning. If it played 1hz below tuning you could smell the coils. They never actually got hot and even after we took them out if the box the coils looked brand new. Think it's just the subs being so stiff.

Yeah, I'd say they still looked like new too. I hope they survive what's coming though. :pardon:

lol. Make sure to post a build and let me know if those damn things ever break in! Haha. They sounded great just never wanted to play 30hz. Well. Actually they sounded fucking awesome in the low 30s just not tuned at 35 in a blowthrough.

2013 F150 Crew Cab

Old Build Log

Feedback

2013 F150

Equipment - Some Awesome Stereo Sound Making Stuff

Just wanted to say today was the first day i smelled the coil of my AQ sdc2.5 15". I was pushing it firther than i have before (with a little clip)then came the smell.

so if anyone else ever had AudioQue SDC 2.5s before. can you tell me how hard you pushed them. and if you killed them. how?

I think this is pretty easy. Do not send a clipped signal to the sub or it will eventually blow. It's not specific to AQ, it is just common sense.

Pioneer AVH-P4300DVD | Hertz 6.5 | Alpine Type R 6x9 | Custom 200A Alt | Knu Flek 1/0 Big 3 and all wiring | Eclipse EA3422 | AudioQue 2200d | DC XL 12 | Red Oak Box ~2.8 cubes @ 30 hz |