Second Battery In My Tahoe

Alright So i Got a 2007 tahoe and it has a second battery tray where i will be putting a D3400

im gunna be dooing a simple build in it with (4) DC level 2 8"s on a AQ2200D

It has a stock 160 amp alt

my question is do yal think i should do the big three to both? the Amps power/ground will come straight off the D3400

The vehicle has RVC

none of the system will be ran off the stock batt so i dont think i need to do the big three too it

2014 Chevy Silverado Crewcab

1994 Chevy Full Size blazer

Okay, on your main battery, the one on the passenger side im guessing, do your big 3 as normal. Ground to the frame, engine, and positive to the alt. On your second battery, you will do the two grounds as normal. But don't put one to the alternator...you could get voltage problems and end up frying the alt. I learned this the hard way on my tahoe. Just run your positive on your second batt to the positive on your first batt.

mivtCK.png

So you had problems by running multiple runs to multiple batteries straight from the alt? I have five batteries and 4 runs of 1/0. ONe run to my main batt, one run to my two HC800s and one run per HC2400....never had any issues. I am sorry for jacking your thread OP but just wondering what problems baker got.

I would have told the OP its fine. They are all common points anyway.

TeamDeadlyHertz-PUNKYOU007.png

d(-__-)b

beer sucks...but i can bring some jose cuervo. Only problem is that it makes me horny and gives me the rams. So unless yall wanna fight and then have some great make up sex i will leave it home.

Okay, on your main battery, the one on the passenger side im guessing, do your big 3 as normal. Ground to the frame, engine, and positive to the alt. On your second battery, you will do the two grounds as normal. But don't put one to the alternator...you could get voltage problems and end up frying the alt. I learned this the hard way on my tahoe. Just run your positive on your second batt to the positive on your first batt.

yes the stock battery is up by the firewall and is gunna be a pain in the ass to work with

why do you say it could fry the alt? puttin to much stress on a stock alt?

on my burban i have two runs of 1/0 coming of the back of my alt one two each of my D3400 under the hood with no problems (but its a 300 amp alt.. )

So you had problems by running multiple runs to multiple batteries straight from the alt? I have five batteries and 4 runs of 1/0. ONe run to my main batt, one run to my two HC800s and one run per HC2400....never had any issues. I am sorry for jacking your thread OP but just wondering what problems baker got.

I would have told the OP its fine. They are all common points anyway.

i was asking him this two because i have two runs of the back of my alt to two seperat batts with no problems so im wondering too

im going to have dual batts under the hood and dual alts. with the big 3 done on both............ IJS.

THERE IS NO BUILD LOG!

1998 Chevy Silverado ext cab

Alpine CDA-9887

4 Team Fi 15s

2 Ampere Audio TFE 8.0

2 Ampere Audio 150.4

3 Digital Designs CS6.5 component sets

Dual Mechman 370XP Elite alternators inbound!

8 XS Power d3400

6 XS power d680

Second Skin

Stinger

Tsunami Wiring

Sky High

A Real Voltmeter not a piece of shit stinger.

im going to have dual batts under the hood and dual alts. with the big 3 done on both............ IJS.

i will have the same on my 1997 burb witch is the same as your truck almost

dual 300 amp iraggi alts and two D3400 in my suburban

this is in my 2007 tahoe though and nothing except the stock electronics will be ran off the stock batt

the D3400 will run a single AQ2200D and that will be the only amp in the truck (for now)

so i think doing the big three on only the D3400 will be fine as thats the only batt running the amp i just want some opinions

the stock batt is up by they fire wall and will be a major PITA to do the big three on

yes the stock battery is up by the firewall and is gunna be a pain in the ass to work with

on my burban i have two runs of 1/0 coming of the back of my alt one two each of my D3400 under the hood with no problems (but its a 300 amp alt.. )

Well, they are common points, true. But here is my reasoning. When you have a run from alt. to batt 1 to batt 2, the alternator charges them in sequence. For example, the alt will charge your main battery first...then when it is charged, it will move on to your bank battery and charge it. This means that it may take longer to fully charge both batteries, but it will be a safe and consistent draw from your "STOCK" alternator. Now, if you have a run from your alt directly to each battery, then your alternator is having to work double to keep a charge on both of those batteries at the same time. It would take half the time to charge the two batteries, but like i said, your alt is trying to charge them both at one time, therefore it is working hard. If you take into equation both batts are drained one morning, you get in the hoe, and start bumping, then you got even more strain on that "STOCK" alternator...making more chances for magic smoke. This is just my reasoning behind all this...if someone sees flaws in it, please correct me...don't eat me alive.

mivtCK.png

Well, they are common points, true. But here is my reasoning. When you have a run from alt. to batt 1 to batt 2, the alternator charges them in sequence. For example, the alt will charge your main battery first...then when it is charged, it will move on to your bank battery and charge it. This means that it may take longer to fully charge both batteries, but it will be a safe and consistent draw from your "STOCK" alternator. Now, if you have a run from your alt directly to each battery, then your alternator is having to work double to keep a charge on both of those batteries at the same time. It would take half the time to charge the two batteries, but like i said, your alt is trying to charge them both at one time, therefore it is working hard. If you take into equation both batts are drained one morning, you get in the hoe, and start bumping, then you got even more strain on that "STOCK" alternator...making more chances for magic smoke. This is just my reasoning behind all this...if someone sees flaws in it, please correct me...don't eat me alive.

you make a very good point and i understand

its harder to charge both batts when you run a charge line to each seperate batt on a STOCK alt