Second Skin Audio

multiple sub common chamber box

I'm getting ready to redo the wall in my car and make it a common chamber.  Does anyone have any input or suggestions on this type of setup?  There's going to be 16 10's ported.  How much more efficent will the subs be and how should I figure out how big the port should be?  If I put in specs in my box program (Bass Box Pro), will it show acurate results with that many subs?  Thanks in advance for any help and or advice.

Eric

port general rule is 12sqin per cuft of enclosure.. bbp6 will work just fine.

2008 California state record holder 157.2 Bassrace2009 California state record holder 157.0 BassraceRollin 50's 158.7db2009 King of Cali Bassrace2009 USACi score 160.5 @ 42hz

common chamber is how you can gain some spl. Supposivly the achievment is supoosed to be 1.5db when you switch from seperate to shared chamber (2-subs seperate/2 subs common-thats what the MECP study book says when I studied for it a few years back) But No, that does not mean you will gain 24db by going from a wall of individually sealed boxes, to 1 common chamber box, but there will be a gain. Another thing I remember was that individual boxes, over common chamber increase the lows, and common chamber increases the higher freq portion -and no, none of it would be audibly noticeable, only mic'd can tell a difference. People run subs common chamber all the time in walls, and boxes, and tune low, and get some extreme low freqs, like ofcourse, look at meade. 4-18s common chamber ported, and Ive heard it, well, it hurt me-incredible lows

sundown.jpg
I have a ritual called "terminator". I crouch in the shower in the "naked terminator" pose. With eyes closed I crouch for a minute and visualize either Arnie or the guy from the 2nd movie. I then start to hum the T2 theme. Slowly I rise to a standing position and open my eyes. It helps me get through my day. The only problem is if the shower curtain sticks to my terminator leg. It sorta ruins the fantasy.

Common chamber is easier and will save you valuable air space when running that many subs. If BBP doesn't like you using that many subs (as it doesn't for me) then work it out in a smaller group or one by it's self then add for the rest. with a wall, depending on what kind of car it's going in, you might be limited on how much space is left for the port. I have 16-12's and have very little room for a port.

Designing, building, and shipping boxes. Yahoo IM - kingsuv00If the listening level is too loud, please inform the driver, so he can promptly pull over, and let you out.

not many cars can get me to pluggin my ears but this one.......damn. I mean the first minute is ok but that thing just really starts digging deeper and deeper in your earhole till you cant stand it no more. Seems like it does it with relative ease....16 12's on 8 amps.........gotta love it. :)

i have 12 10's in a common box, very easy to build and tune in my case(big ass van) but with 16 of them in a wall you might have to get creative with a port but all and all common is much eaiser to make for that many vs haven x amouont of ind. boxes...

Americas loudest work van2006 iasca heavyweight bassboxing champion at 150.4 db with 60second average TL8 memphis PR15s,12 memphis PR6.5's coax,4 memphis PR 1inch tweets