Epicenter questions

hell yeah them corridos get down with "ElEpicenter" (they should re name it)

it should sound good with rap with it turned all the way down....then only when u play the mexi music u should turn it up

thats the way i usually ran mine, it sounded the same with it turned all the way down as if it wasnt hooked up

x2

X3 thats how I have mine

I get what u mean but I havent seen anyone run it like that, u should run it and let us now how it come out, or change epicenter man ,i wouldnt see a problem since alot of ppl run eQ ,epicenters,amp bass knobs all together just be careful dont clip the s*** out of it lol

Edited by 831Arevalo

• 10 years later...

I think many ppl get confused. You still need a bass knob regardless for bass. It's what I usually use for hip hop. Epicenter is used and turned up when im listening to corridos or banda to desried volume. Now depending on music you listen to the bass knob controls sub (power) level and epicenter processor expands whatever freq you set it to. It does not add bass it simply restores missing bass. For ex: Idk if you ever had an issue where you turn up the bass with certain music and it just doesn't even sound good or bass not well composed? That's where this device comes in. That's cause your turning bass to high and trying to play sound that isnt there you'' get a lot of sloppy notes making you think its your set up. Ill turn up bass knob a bit then epicenter according to type of song Im playing. Im no expert but hope this helps guys.  

Edited by ZL1Vick

1 hour ago, ZL1Vick said:

I think many ppl get confused. You still need a bass knob regardless for bass. It's what I usually use for hip hop. Epicenter is used and turned up when im listening to corridos or banda to desried volume. Now depending on music you listen to the bass knob controls sub (power) level and epicenter processor expands whatever freq you set it to. It does not add bass it simply restores missing bass. For ex: Idk if you ever had an issue where you turn up the bass with certain music and it just doesn't even sound good or bass not well composed? That's where this device comes in. That's cause your turning bass to high and trying to play sound that isnt there you'' get a lot of sloppy notes making you think its your set up. Ill turn up bass knob a bit then epicenter according to type of song Im playing. Im no expert but hope this helps guys.  

To expand on this solid explanation of what an Epicenter does, the proper way to Tune an Epicenter, as with the rest of the system, is Not to use Music.  You need use a laptop (or drag a PC out to the car), a measurement microphone, and REW (or other measurement software) and measure what your Subs are producing Without the Epicenter and other Bass processor.  The reason one processor is working for one music type but not another is because those music styles are using different frequency ranges for their Bass.  And those processors only work in narrow ranges.  So to get the best result you first need measurements of where your system actually lacks bass output, then use the Epicenter (because it IS the better of the two) and set it for that area where your system is weaker.   If you don't have the knowledge and tools to do that then shop around your local install shops and find one you believe knows what they're doing and isn't going to over charge to give your system a Tuneup. 

On top of that if your playing radically different styles of music what you Really need is a Parametric EQ, or at least a Multi-band EQ for Bass, to boost the right range of Bass for that specific style of music.  If your Headunit only has a 2 or 3 way tone control then I'd recommend either upgrading that Headunit or get a good In-dash EQ to be able to customize your Bass for each style of music. Of course if you have a DSP in your system then you should have 3 or 4 saved settings available where you can switch between different EQ curves for music styles. 

Using both Bass Processors could possibly work, but it's more likely that together they're going to create a lot of Distortion that will blow your Subs after a short time.  Not the fix your looking for.