DC Sound Lab

Amplifier Power Testing Throwdown SAZ4500D DC5K American Bass 500.1

all 3 are good amps, however the Sundown to me is the most impressive...A 4500 doing 5600 at exactly 1ohm...the DC 5k basically did the same number yet at .97ohm. So technically, the Sundown "outperformed" it in my opinion, but as they said it is application specific and that DC amp did very well anyway, especially to outperform such a respected name like American Bass

Team Flex Issues

Low tuning > God

2011 CALI AS1 STATE CHAMP

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Clean signal or clipped, that was never mentioned.

We mention in the beginning of the video that we roll into the volume to capture the best signal voltage for each amplifier. Just so you know...when doing spl there is always a minute amount of clipping in the signal for you to show you highest score.....

all 3 are good amps, however the Sundown to me is the most impressive...A 4500 doing 5600 at exactly 1ohm...the DC 5k basically did the same number yet at .97ohm. So technically, the Sundown "outperformed" it in my opinion, but as they said it is application specific and that DC amp did very well anyway, especially to outperform such a respected name like American Bass

I completely disagree. In terms of just this raw test the Sundown is the biggest amplifier in size. When using these amplifiers in a compact application like some of mine you simply can't fit an amplifier that large. The DC was the smallest amplifier producing the most power (also with the least voltage drop).

Caprice Wagon build

2010 Florida Spring Break Nationals MECA Drive By Winner

161DB on 15K @ 41hz

Eclipse Build

155+ No Wall

2007 Steel Valley Regionals 3X 139.9 Winner

2008 SoundXtreme 3X 149.9 Winner

2008 Slamology 149.9 3X Winner

2008 149.9 Bass Race World Champion

2009 149.9 Florida Spring Break Nationals Champion

^^^ DC ftmfw!!!

Refs-(b.f.) 99vic, WCA Rusty(x3) Nathan@XSPOWER, Ampjunkielikeme, Bread0710, AmiCreations (s.t.) REsLaPz, PandaGT(x2), Keiferacing, Juicemane (t.w.) Powski, Big gil[/center]

Build Log

http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/77726-sss-celica-dc-buildupdate-611-finished/

2005 subi STi 380whp 355whp

17" gold bbs

5% tint all around w/sunglare strip

JVC dvd double din

Knuconceptz 4ga wiring

XS Power!

Big 3

8" SAv2 d2

1800 audiopipe

At this point in the race it really isn't the horse running it's more the skill of the jocky. NECK N NECK. What are the approximate price differences?

TEAM FLEX ISSUES, TEAM DC AUDIO

2010 California State Finals Champion MECA AS2

2011 California State Champion Meca S2

2011 California State Record holder Meca S2

2012 Meca Mod 4 class 152.5 and rising

I dig all the head-to-head tests going on on this forum right now. Subs, Amps, Batteries...keep it going!! :good:

this^^ i wanna see how the new Crescendo bc5500 stacks up against these 3 amps

Car: 1995 Thunderbird

System:

Pioneer deh5100ub HU

Pioneer/Lightning Audio 5x7's

1 Hifonics 1610D amp

2 Obsidian Audio 12's

4cu.ft. box tuned to 30hz

8 farad Boss Audio cap

4 gauge power/ground wire

Youtube

Facebook

I dig all the head-to-head tests going on on this forum right now. Subs, Amps, Batteries...keep it going!! :good:

this^^ i wanna see how the new Crescendo bc5500 stacks up against these 3 amps

If I can get one I will do it.

that would be awesome

Car: 1995 Thunderbird

System:

Pioneer deh5100ub HU

Pioneer/Lightning Audio 5x7's

1 Hifonics 1610D amp

2 Obsidian Audio 12's

4cu.ft. box tuned to 30hz

8 farad Boss Audio cap

4 gauge power/ground wire

Youtube

Facebook

Awesome video, the way I look at it the Sundown was the winner in my book. You're getting 5600 watts out of a 4500 watt amp. The rise was .03 ohms higher, and the voltage drop was .2 volts more? The way I see that is if the electricals were even better (more batteries, the car on, etc) the Sundown would have outperformed the DC in straight output because it seems to be drawing more current. Price point is another factor, I know what I paid for my 4500 but I have no idea what the DC 5k is going for.

In my system, I'm clamping 2600 @ 3.67 ohms with voltage dropping to around 13.2 out of my 4500. More than impressive if you ask me.