DC Sound Lab

Amplifier Power Testing Throwdown SAZ4500D DC5K American Bass 500.1

Clean signal or clipped, that was never mentioned.

We mention in the beginning of the video that we roll into the volume to capture the best signal voltage for each amplifier. Just so you know...when doing spl there is always a minute amount of clipping in the signal for you to show you highest score.....

all 3 are good amps, however the Sundown to me is the most impressive...A 4500 doing 5600 at exactly 1ohm...the DC 5k basically did the same number yet at .97ohm. So technically, the Sundown "outperformed" it in my opinion, but as they said it is application specific and that DC amp did very well anyway, especially to outperform such a respected name like American Bass

I completely disagree. In terms of just this raw test the Sundown is the biggest amplifier in size. When using these amplifiers in a compact application like some of mine you simply can't fit an amplifier that large. The DC was the smallest amplifier producing the most power (also with the least voltage drop).

u got ZINGERed! :rofl:

(i made a new term =] lol)

m_8e0e9deb0e2a020a7ff1bf0d3a6c3306.jpgth_140x100square.jpgth_140x100rev2animated.gifsoundigital.pngth_Banner_140x100.jpgn221468318568_2854.jpg

8_RedDevillogo.pngteamtexflex-1.jpg

Clean signal or clipped, that was never mentioned.

We mention in the beginning of the video that we roll into the volume to capture the best signal voltage for each amplifier. Just so you know...when doing spl there is always a minute amount of clipping in the signal for you to show you highest score.....

all 3 are good amps, however the Sundown to me is the most impressive...A 4500 doing 5600 at exactly 1ohm...the DC 5k basically did the same number yet at .97ohm. So technically, the Sundown "outperformed" it in my opinion, but as they said it is application specific and that DC amp did very well anyway, especially to outperform such a respected name like American Bass

I completely disagree. In terms of just this raw test the Sundown is the biggest amplifier in size. When using these amplifiers in a compact application like some of mine you simply can't fit an amplifier that large. The DC was the smallest amplifier producing the most power (also with the least voltage drop).

u got ZINGERed! :rofl:

(i made a new term =] lol)

:lol: he did make a good point about the amps

2014 Chevy Silverado Crewcab

1994 Chevy Full Size blazer

Most likely the cost difference is somewhere around the cost of 1 good sub.

TEAM FLEX ISSUES, TEAM DC AUDIO

2010 California State Finals Champion MECA AS2

2011 California State Champion Meca S2

2011 California State Record holder Meca S2

2012 Meca Mod 4 class 152.5 and rising

Awesome video, the way I look at it the Sundown was the winner in my book. You're getting 5600 watts out of a 4500 watt amp. The rise was .03 ohms higher, and the voltage drop was .2 volts more? The way I see that is if the electricals were even better (more batteries, the car on, etc) the Sundown would have outperformed the DC in straight output because it seems to be drawing more current. Price point is another factor, I know what I paid for my 4500 but I have no idea what the DC 5k is going for.

In my system, I'm clamping 2600 @ 3.67 ohms with voltage dropping to around 13.2 out of my 4500. More than impressive if you ask me.

Thanks. In the wagon testing on 16V a 4500 has made nearly 7500 RMS at 1.13 ohms rising from .38 just above 16V after voltage drop. That application really shined for the 4500. In the Hummer testing I have seen 4800 RMS from a American Bass 500.1 at 2.5 ohms from a .7 nominal load. Now imagine the power it would do if final resistance was close to 1 ohm... :) Please understand that just like my ending disclaimer says...every amplifier has the ability to shine based on the application. From where I stand in terms of value size and performance the DC5K is where its at. Its great that everyone is saying the 4500 is under rated for power it is doing etc. but the larger picture I see is a Lamberghini that is called a 4 cylinder yet it still has a huge price tag. Everyone is entitled to their opinion...that is just what I see...and that is also why this test is in the DC section, not Sundown or American Bass is there was one. All three are great amps by the way.

What is the MSRP and actual pricing on the DC5k? From what I was hearing the price tag on those were kind of up there. Plus we all know where they got the board from lol

Retail is one thing. What people actually pay based on their rank, skills, or rep with a company is another. That is to not be discussed on a public forum obviously. All I am really saying...and I will leave it at that.

Edited by singeralternators

What most people don't know is the Saz4500 isn't a zenon board, it's an S&I board, same as the DC, and they are actually almost the same amp. The layout is a little different and the component are a little different I think.

Also, the price point. Buy a 4500 from SSA or $1700 or buy a the 5k from me or rusty for cheaper .... The 4500 is a 5k board.

2006 F-150

4 DC XL M2 18's Walled Daily Driver

XS Power

4 DC 3.5kw

Team DC

Team S.P.L.

Lot of Audio Technix and 1/0

DC Audio Dealer

American Bass Dealer

XS Power Dealer

Audio Technix Dealer

DWRIGHT-1-1.jpg

What most people don't know is the Saz4500 isn't a zenon board, it's an S&I board, same as the DC, and they are actually almost the same amp. The layout is a little different and the component are a little different I think.

Also, the price point. Buy a 4500 from SSA or $1700 or buy a the 5k from me or rusty for cheaper .... The 4500 is a 5k board.

Was waiting for someone to say this. It is what I was thinking but wasn't sure. I love my DC 5K. Very impressive amp! Thanks for the video. Can't wait to see what's next.

01 2dr ExploderBuild log2 18" DC Level 6's (M3's)DC 10k5 XS d3100's, DC 390 alt100' shok ofc cable

Team ShokTEAM SUB SONIC ADDICTION

2006 F-150

4 DC XL M2 18's Walled Daily Driver

XS Power

4 DC 3.5kw

Team DC

Team S.P.L.

Lot of Audio Technix and 1/0

DC Audio Dealer

American Bass Dealer

XS Power Dealer

Audio Technix Dealer

DWRIGHT-1-1.jpg