Just Say No To CCA Wire
Real Men Drive Stick

Hit me up on Facebook, if you want

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

^^^ dc is cheaper...

Refs-(b.f.) 99vic, WCA Rusty(x3) Nathan@XSPOWER, Ampjunkielikeme, Bread0710, AmiCreations (s.t.) REsLaPz, PandaGT(x2), Keiferacing, Juicemane (t.w.) Powski, Big gil[/center]

Build Log

http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/77726-sss-celica-dc-buildupdate-611-finished/

2005 subi STi 380whp 355whp

17" gold bbs

5% tint all around w/sunglare strip

JVC dvd double din

Knuconceptz 4ga wiring

XS Power!

Big 3

8" SAv2 d2

1800 audiopipe

Clean signal or clipped, that was never mentioned.

We mention in the beginning of the video that we roll into the volume to capture the best signal voltage for each amplifier. Just so you know...when doing spl there is always a minute amount of clipping in the signal for you to show you highest score.....

Okay so you were clipping then I take it. LOL, and generally speaking clipping will almost always yield the highest score because of power output when you have a square wave and THD goes up to 10%. I would like to see a dead on comparison all scoped to a clean signal and not changing the input voltage from the volume knob. That would show which is the better amp for this particular test in that vehicle.

TEAM SOUNDQUBED -- TEAM SOUTH

TEAM S.O.B. - Founder & Captain

3x Streetbeat World Record Holder

2017 MWSPL 1st place Mayhem & 4th Xtreme 4 
2016 MWSPL 1st place Mayhem/2nd Adv 4/2nd Xtreme 4
2015 MWSPL 2nd place Mayhem & 4th Xtreme 4
2014 USACI 2nd place Streetbeat 5 - 162.6 db
2014 MWSPL 2nd place Xtreme 4 - 144.9 db
2013 USACI 1st place Streetbeat 4 - 161.9 db
2013 USACI 1st place Street Q+ - 162.8 db
2013 MWSPL 3rd Kaos2 & 4th Xtreme 4
2011 USACI 2nd place MOD 1001-2k - 160.0 db
2011 MWSPL 4th place: Adv3 - 157.8 db, Kaos2 - 150s db, Xtreme4 - 140s db
2010 ARSPL 1st place 501-750 - 160.3 db Arkansas loudest

Best score to date 164.4 db - Termlab Outlaw

Streetbeat 4 - 161.9 db

Streetbeat 5 - 162.6 db

MWSPL on Dash Legal door open (Music) - 162.5 db

Sealed on dash Legal (Music) - 161.1 db - Termlab

THE BLACK NASTY CURRENT BUILD & FAB

The Black Nasty (6) 15 Rebuild Log 2012

(4) 15 Walled Sierra Build Log

Evo X build log

Facebook page The Black Nasty

16163044_large.gif

We mention in the beginning of the video that we roll into the volume to capture the best signal voltage for each amplifier. Just so you know...when doing spl there is always a minute amount of clipping in the signal for you to show you highest score.....

Okay so you were clipping then I take it. LOL, and generally speaking clipping will almost always yield the highest score because of power output when you have a square wave and THD goes up to 10%. I would like to see a dead on comparison all scoped to a clean signal and not changing the input voltage from the volume knob. That would show which is the better amp for this particular test in that vehicle.

That would not be accurate at all. Some amplifiers require a different level of signal to show their highest SPL and power. In terms of the signal on the radio we are testing with the volume was low enough that it was not anywhere near clipping (most pioneers clip in the low 50s and we were testing in the 40s) When rolling into the volume your going to see the best SPL and power from the signal staying clean before you are clipping or near clipping (that is why we do it). This all has to do with keeping the test conrolled for the best results.

That would not be accurate at all. Some amplifiers require a different level of signal to show their highest SPL and power. In terms of the signal on the radio we are testing with the volume was low enough that it was not anywhere near clipping (most pioneers clip in the low 50s and we were testing in the 40s) When rolling into the volume your going to see the best SPL and power from the signal staying clean before you are clipping or near clipping (that is why we do it). This all has to do with keeping the test conrolled for the best results.

Well having said that I could take a 2500 watt amp clip it to hell and back and get close to 3k out of it, but take a 3k watt amp and give it a clean signal which would you rather run, that is my point.

TEAM SOUNDQUBED -- TEAM SOUTH

TEAM S.O.B. - Founder & Captain

3x Streetbeat World Record Holder

2017 MWSPL 1st place Mayhem & 4th Xtreme 4 
2016 MWSPL 1st place Mayhem/2nd Adv 4/2nd Xtreme 4
2015 MWSPL 2nd place Mayhem & 4th Xtreme 4
2014 USACI 2nd place Streetbeat 5 - 162.6 db
2014 MWSPL 2nd place Xtreme 4 - 144.9 db
2013 USACI 1st place Streetbeat 4 - 161.9 db
2013 USACI 1st place Street Q+ - 162.8 db
2013 MWSPL 3rd Kaos2 & 4th Xtreme 4
2011 USACI 2nd place MOD 1001-2k - 160.0 db
2011 MWSPL 4th place: Adv3 - 157.8 db, Kaos2 - 150s db, Xtreme4 - 140s db
2010 ARSPL 1st place 501-750 - 160.3 db Arkansas loudest

Best score to date 164.4 db - Termlab Outlaw

Streetbeat 4 - 161.9 db

Streetbeat 5 - 162.6 db

MWSPL on Dash Legal door open (Music) - 162.5 db

Sealed on dash Legal (Music) - 161.1 db - Termlab

THE BLACK NASTY CURRENT BUILD & FAB

The Black Nasty (6) 15 Rebuild Log 2012

(4) 15 Walled Sierra Build Log

Evo X build log

Facebook page The Black Nasty

16163044_large.gif

singer alternators? as in mike singer? Dropping your own alt line? Nice test either way.

1986 C20 Suburban

9 American Bass XFL 15's

B2 M1MKII

14v XS Power Batteries

Maxwell Caps

Acoustical energy is free. Electrical energy is not

you havent lived until you've hit a screw with a router.

Well having said that I could take a 2500 watt amp clip it to hell and back and get close to 3k out of it, but take a 3k watt amp and give it a clean signal which would you rather run, that is my point.

I can understand what your implying but from the viewers standpoint lets be completely realistic. If you own one of these amps and compete with it your going to push it to the limit to do your best score possible to win....this is what people want to see because that is how they are going to use the equipment. "yea I could have burped a louder score with my amps at the last show I was at but I chose to take second place because I didn't want to send a little bit of unclean signal to my amps..." see what I am saying?

Edited by singeralternators