DC Sound Lab

Amplifier Power Testing Throwdown SAZ4500D DC5K American Bass 500.1

If you want something bigger than the 5k just wait for a production run of the 7.5k amps to be done. I don't know what dealer or direct cost is on the sundown 4500 but from what I have seen them going for brand new online, the 7.5k should be able to rival it in price.

^^^ nice

Refs-(b.f.) 99vic, WCA Rusty(x3) Nathan@XSPOWER, Ampjunkielikeme, Bread0710, AmiCreations (s.t.) REsLaPz, PandaGT(x2), Keiferacing, Juicemane (t.w.) Powski, Big gil[/center]

Build Log

http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/77726-sss-celica-dc-buildupdate-611-finished/

2005 subi STi 380whp 355whp

17" gold bbs

5% tint all around w/sunglare strip

JVC dvd double din

Knuconceptz 4ga wiring

XS Power!

Big 3

8" SAv2 d2

1800 audiopipe

Also, the price point. Buy a 4500 from SSA or $1700 or buy a the 5k from me or rusty for cheaper .... The 4500 is a 5k board.

With the release of the sundown 4500 I believe the Jacob company jumped the shark. Furthermore, the continual changing of his lines is a real PITA. Makes me wonder why this comparison is so important the 4500

was just released less than 1 year ago and he won't be doing another run.

He wont be doing another run because he

didnt have the 4500 board tooled for sundown and companies started stealing his ideas so he is discontinuing the 4500 for something larger and tooled specifically for sundown

There is bout 15 othe companies usIng the same board, they didn't "design" or tool anything, not have any rights to it. It's a VERY common design, I hate the cry baby bullshit those guys pull saying " you stole our design " no, they bought the same board you bought, that is OPENLY AVAILABLE TO BE BOUGHT BY ANYONE, n8 could call up S&I and say hey, I wanna buy 60 5k amps for my new company, I could, the next Joe could.

Stop whining. /thread

2006 F-150

4 DC XL M2 18's Walled Daily Driver

XS Power

4 DC 3.5kw

Team DC

Team S.P.L.

Lot of Audio Technix and 1/0

DC Audio Dealer

American Bass Dealer

XS Power Dealer

Audio Technix Dealer

DWRIGHT-1-1.jpg

I wonder how much cheaper it would be to buy a 5k board directly from S&I^^

Shit I should buy one design a heatsink and make my own amp lol but Nah im sure you would have to buy a shitload to even get them.

6 Sundown X 15s

2 Sundown NS1 V2s

C Pillar 4th order

Bagged Suburban on 24s

http://youtube.com/tlee333

Shit I should buy one design a heatsink and make my own amp lol but Nah im sure you would have to buy a shitload to even get them.

Be prepared to drop 50k+ if you want to do that.

Be prepared to drop 50k+ if you want to do that.

*Quickly changes mind*

6 Sundown X 15s

2 Sundown NS1 V2s

C Pillar 4th order

Bagged Suburban on 24s

http://youtube.com/tlee333

all 3 are good amps, however the Sundown to me is the most impressive...A 4500 doing 5600 at exactly 1ohm...the DC 5k basically did the same number yet at .97ohm. So technically, the Sundown "outperformed" it in my opinion, but as they said it is application specific and that DC amp did very well anyway, especially to outperform such a respected name like American Bass

not exactly.. if u noticed the sundown 4500 is rated 4500rms @ 12.8v and dc 5k is rated 5000rms @ 14.4v.. and i believe dc and sundown have zenon boards.. since the dc did 25 more watts makes since becuase dc did the power at .97 and sundown at 1..so there probably the same exact boards?

Edited by dc=realbass