Sonic Electronix

Which subwoofer has the most excursion?

I can't believe there hasn't been a Funky Pups comment yet.

I thought Funky Pup comments get banned now?

sundown.jpg
I have a ritual called "terminator". I crouch in the shower in the "naked terminator" pose. With eyes closed I crouch for a minute and visualize either Arnie or the guy from the 2nd movie. I then start to hum the T2 theme. Slowly I rise to a standing position and open my eyes. It helps me get through my day. The only problem is if the shower curtain sticks to my terminator leg. It sorta ruins the fantasy.

• Replies 42
  • Created
  • Last Reply

quite informative ken, so if you cant just jump up in woofer size, it is good to see how the xmax and sd are together rather than one or the other when comparing woofers to buy if one is open to more than one brand

you can look up the vd. Thats volume displacement I believe. Just the amount of air in the xmax x's sd

I know the MTX 9500 were big on this, and they were not the best woofers in the world. But they should have used thicker top plates, and jumped up to a 18" version :)

sundown.jpg
I have a ritual called "terminator". I crouch in the shower in the "naked terminator" pose. With eyes closed I crouch for a minute and visualize either Arnie or the guy from the 2nd movie. I then start to hum the T2 theme. Slowly I rise to a standing position and open my eyes. It helps me get through my day. The only problem is if the shower curtain sticks to my terminator leg. It sorta ruins the fantasy.

This topic is getting interesting!!!

Ken, i have a question, what about the QTS?? the higher it is the better your sub performs on small boxes??? that´s what i heard, i would love to see your opinion about that :)

I´m the SPL Gains topic creator!! wanna get louder?? check this: SPL Gains. Panamenian 2009 & 2010 & 2014 Bass Race 149.9 Champion!

2 15" subs and a 2K wired at 1 ohm, http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/167788-fecupe2001-2-15s-on-a-2k-video-on-page-3/

8 Massive 15" subs and small power, http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/179296-fecupe2001s-8-15s-4th-order-bandpass-wall/

Google speaker EPB

Its a very simple calculation on weather a speaker needs to be sealed, ported, or bandpass

sundown.jpg

EBP*

sundown.jpg

Dude your continual lack of research is getting old. Look up the x-max for the woofers and then compare the numbers.

My apologies for asking a question about audio equipment on an audio forum. I will now take your advice and go look up the x-max of every single woofer ever made...

Thanks for the information yall, good read and I've learned something new! :)

and Kranny, it doesn't matter one bit, but I figured a topic that doesn't involve electrical systems or vs threads would be nice and a bit informative.

Bassless once again. Can't seem to keep a system for more than a few weeks :)

Saving for a '06 Nissan 350z, look for build around June 2012.

Dude your continual lack of research is getting old. Look up the x-max for the woofers and then compare the numbers.

My apologies for asking a question about audio equipment on an audio forum. I will now take your advice and go look up the x-max of every single woofer ever made...

Thanks for the information yall, good read and I've learned something new! :)

and Kranny, it doesn't matter one bit, but I figured a topic that doesn't involve electrical systems or vs threads would be nice and a bit informative.

:werd_msword:

Btw that was the first person. Ever banned by me while dropping a deuce. Feel privileged

Archived