Sonic Electronix

7 hours ago, Granite said:

What in the actual?  I’ve never seen such snake oil be relied on with such little evidence.  Now, I’ve never owned an xs - just kinetiks - but this guy is asking us to forego all specs and take his word for it because, lead plates.

Look, if the xs battery is better, there would be a metric to point to.  You can’t just use fancy buzzwords and tech jargon and expect discerning people to not question it. 

What’s worse (and what got me putting xs under the microscope in the first place) is amazon is littered with fake reviews from xs - they get an F from fakespot on nearly all their highly reviewed batteries.  

And now I come across this snake oil salesman saying xs is superior, but can’t point us to one spec that corroborated that claim.

Im either going kinetik - which I’ve never had a problem with, or golf cart batteries.  But most certainly, I won’t be going with the battery maker with the most propaganda though. 

It’s not snake oil. It’s true. Xs batteries are superior and hold a higher voltage during draw than kinetic and shuriken. Not much, but higher. I watched a video where they tested batteries alone that were the same amp hours. It was on YouTube. I’m gonna go find it right quick. 

:stupid:“How can we help you?”
:guido:
“And don’t forget to tell them that 
the customer isn’t always right.”

2 hours ago, 1point21gigawatts said:

It’s not snake oil. It’s true. Xs batteries are superior and hold a higher voltage during draw than kinetic and shuriken. Not much, but higher. I watched a video where they tested batteries alone that were the same amp hours. It was on YouTube. I’m gonna go find it right quick. 

I totally believe Xs makes better batteries. I also believe they are way overpriced, and more importantly, I believe "batteries" in general, are WAY over hyped in car audio. If you need more power, MAKE more power, with as large, or as many high powered alternators as you need. Unless you plan to sit and play your system with your vehicle turned off. I never do that.

I just saw a video where a car used "NO" batteries. Only a super capacitor bank, with like 5 amp hours. Granted, this was just for the car itself, and no high powered stereo system. But I truly believe that with enough power generation, and a nice strong super capacitor bank, batteries are pretty much meaningless.

Granted, super capacitors are nearly impossible to get right now ! Urgggg !!!

Edited by Fish Chris

20 minutes ago, Fish Chris said:

Doers everyone realize, this thread was started 11 years ago ? :) lol Seriously though, did anyone ever ask the OP about his alternator ?

Yes, I noticed that and I am not speaking to the OP which doesn’t need help and probably hasn’t been on the forum in about a decade. I was just commenting to the guy who posted on this thread earlier today that was bad mouthing xs batteries and saying that the salesman saying xs batteries are superior to kinetic is just a snake oil salesman. I thought I’d prove that dude wrong. I don’t like people like that. He who answers a matter before he hears it, It is folly and shame to him. Folly means foolish. Meaning whoever spouts off at the mouth before knowing facts is a fool that’s looked down upon. 

Edited by 1point21gigawatts

:stupid:“How can we help you?”
:guido:
“And don’t forget to tell them that 
the customer isn’t always right.”

35 minutes ago, 1point21gigawatts said:

Yes, I noticed that and I am not speaking to the OP which doesn’t need help and probably hasn’t been on the forum in about a decade. I was just commenting to the guy who posted on this thread earlier today that was bad mouthing xs batteries and saying that the salesman saying xs batteries are superior to kinetic is just a snake oil salesman. I thought I’d prove that dude wrong. I don’t like people like that. He who answers a matter before he hears it, It is folly and shame to him. Folly means foolish. Meaning whoever spouts off at the mouth before knowing facts is a fool that’s looked down upon. 

That's cool. And I never have a problem with old threads brought back from the dead. Often, old threads are still completely relevant now. Still, some guys actually seem to get mad about this ? Odd, but whatever :)