Sundown Audio

"Monster" v.2 Prototype Due Soon

the top and bottom plate might make for some interesting air flow around the motor. any chance on 10's or 12's? (I think this is a 3'' coiled sub?)

mcintoshsigz.png

previously known as wenn_du_weinst aka fucking internet coward supreme.  I talk shit on other forums like a little bitch and hope i don't get caught out on the street.  

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

oh and also if the production slugs are in line like that and not miss matched and out of sink you have my attention

mcintoshsigz.png

previously known as wenn_du_weinst aka fucking internet coward supreme.  I talk shit on other forums like a little bitch and hope i don't get caught out on the street.  

the top and bottom plate might make for some interesting air flow around the motor. any chance on 10's or 12's? (I think this is a 3'' coiled sub?)

12s are possible -- a 10" won't go in the hole but coil theoretically be made.

The coil is 3"

- Jacob Fuller

- Owner, Sundown Audio

- Sundown Audio on FACEBOOK

- Please DO NOT PM ME -- use my email address -- [email protected]

Banner_468x60.jpg

well my current subs are 10'' across as well so I'd be split baffle no matter what, this sub how ever doesn't have a flat top plate right up under that cone so should work better even though it might have less actual motor strength

mcintoshsigz.png

For something this big I wanted to consider air flow not only inside the motor but around it :drink40:

A few "extreme" competitors had spoken about the impact of a smooth flow around the motor in their applications so I kept it in mind.

The original "Monster" had motor force factor close to a Neo type driver through the use of the 12-layer coil -- of course with more mass as we went with more L and less B.

- Jacob Fuller

- Owner, Sundown Audio

Banner_468x60.jpg

The original prototype was pretty rugged... we made a few videos of it :

* Yes, I am fully aware of this method not being 100% accurate in reading power... but try that with another 3" coil sub seeing the same current. Very few will make it much less come out in mint condition.

* TWO wall sockets on it... as the comments state we already did a test just like the above on it and had it hot enough the dust cap felt like jell-o from the air exchange. THEN we put ~60 amps into it long enough to have done a bass race run.

I also had the 15" model in my Jeep for a 2+ minute run on music in my SPL box doing around 150 dB the entire time on a 4500D @ 0.5 ohm -- my bank of six batteries was down to the high 10s and the sub walked away fine. In fact... I still have it in the back room with the same soft parts and coil in it as that show.

- Jacob Fuller

- Owner, Sundown Audio

Banner_468x60.jpg

• 1 month later...

You have my attention, looks beast.

sigbanner.png

2001 chevy cavalier

Rebuild in progress

what happens when your CD player skips and you accidentally drop a 22 hz sine bomb at an unholy volume on 7-8 year old subs? Mechanical failure floppy sub knockage on at least 2.

well...as i see the level 6 is compared to a lamborghini.....but a corvette?

i was thinking more like a chevy volt. its cute and new and "hip", but i would just rather stick my dick in a blender.........