Sign in to follow this  
Stereolab

8cf, 3400 watts, XXX or MX or what?

I have 8cf available for a box, plus 3400 watts on tap. Intention is for daily driver, and I like LOWS (30-40hz, think Late Night Tip). Spending hours playing around in WinISD with various subs and box designs. I am posting in this forum because I want suggestions regarding XXX or MX subwoofer combinations for this setup. Two XXX18 sealed? Two XXX15 ported? Two MX15 ported? 1700 watts per sub is right in-between the MX and XXX power-handling specs, so I don't know which is best.

you dont have enough room for 2 18s or 2 15s after displacements your best bet is probably a single sub setup

Btw that was the first person. Ever banned by me while dropping a deuce. Feel privileged

Im guessing those 8 cubes are only with wood displacement? I would port 2 15s...probably Fully Loaded Fi Qs

On 5/8/2011 at 7:38 PM, Kranny said:
On 5/8/2011 at 7:35 PM, 'Maxim' said:

It hurts me inside when I read stuff like this and remember you're 15

LMFAO so true

:blush:

Mitsubishi 3000GT (Old Build)

Headunit: Pioneer 80PRS

Frontstage: (2) McLaren Audio MLT-2 Tweeters & (4) PRV Audio MR Series Neo 6.5" Mids

Substage: 4 15" Hybrid Subs - Tantric Motors & Sundown Softies

Amps: Banda 2.4D Amp (Tweets), American Bass VFL 350.4 (Mids), and (2) Ampere 3800s

Electrical :Singer 260A Alt & JY Power Lithium

2005 Chevy Colorado Ext Cab

Headunit: Pioneer 80PRS

Frontstage: 4 PRV 700Ti Tweets & 6 10" Delta Mids on 3000wrms

Substage (In Progress): 4th Order 6 18" Walkthrough

Electrical: Singer "390" and JY Power

My Official Feedback Thread

you dont have enough room for 2 18s or 2 15s after displacements your best bet is probably a single sub setup

^ true

a single 18" is what i would do

2014 Chevy Silverado Crewcab

1994 Chevy Full Size blazer

id do 2 15s with that box....do ported also if you want them lows.

That's why they don't deliver.

Yer ass better go sit along the side of the road and wait.

You can't expect them to travel up some dirt road in a hick / back woods town. Thats how horror movies start :D

I explain things very simply and use analogies in terms of Pickles, and grape drink, pool noodles and jackhammers...if you can't put 2 and 2 together there man, There simply is not much more I can do.

id do 2 15s and i wouldn't buy an MX or a XXX for the application...

Edited by James

If you mean 8 ft3 net, i would for sure do two 15's. If it's 8 ft3 gross, then one 18. IMO, i would get the XXX any day of the week, even with that amount of power.

If I'm not mistaken, i think the XXX's sensitivity rating is higher, so it will theoretically be louder under any amount of power you throw at it.

If you mean 8 ft3 net, i would for sure do two 15's. If it's 8 ft3 gross, then one 18. IMO, i would get the XXX any day of the week, even with that amount of power.

If I'm not mistaken, i think the XXX's sensitivity rating is higher, so it will theoretically be louder under any amount of power you throw at it.

I could probably do 9cf total interior volume, which has to include the port volume as well. Sensitivity is almost the same on the MX vs. XXX so that doesn't appear to be a factor. Hmm, maybe the RE Audio subs aren't the best for the space I have, they really seem to want more room according to WinISD graphs than what I can give them. :(

Edited by Merzbow

Sign in to follow this  

SMD Chat Room

SMD Chat Room

Please enter your display name