tejcurrent quad alt brkt for the masses (99+ GM Fullsize)

And mine does the same slight squeal when it shifts gears or if it down shifts quickly to go up an incline (keep in mind my suburban now weighs in at 9,000 lbs) and also squeals a tad if iv drained my battery bank demoing and do a quick rev it will squeal but other than that

*2013 NEW BUILD*

12- 18" Crossfire XS v2's B pillar 4th order wall

4- Crossfire 8K mono blocks

40+ pro audio mids tweeters and horns

3- Singer alternator 400a external regulated alts

tons of audiotechnix wire

24- XS Power D1400's

-TEAM XS POWER-

-TEAM CROSSFIRE-

-TDH-

tdh.png

I need to check the alignment of my kit, I have had mine on since Nov 2010 and everything looks to line up, I had to move my PCM over and forward anyway cuz I have a D3100 in the stock location. I do like the fact alot that it has a solid 1/4 thick backing plate which most other kits don't supply makes it really solid. I welded a stud to that backing plate and then another one on my frame rail and have 4 1/0 short runs between those two points.

Blake, I haven't been able to get ahold of Troy(tejcurrent) in several weeks, two of my alts failed back in May, he said send them to him and he will get them fixed and back out. Well a week goes by no word, then second week I email him and he says it will be awhile, I wasn't in a rush so it was okay, then two weeks go by and haven't heard anything I send an email, he replies back with something about him being in a car accident. He says sorry for no communication and then he will stay in touch and let me know when they ship back out, OKAY cool I am thinking. That was June 16th, HAVEN'T heard a single thing since, I have sent a email at least once a week wanting to know WTF is going on, NO reply. And during all of this last time he answered the phone was back in MAY!!! He doesn't answer phone or email. I don't know what to think at this point.....

TEAM SOUNDQUBED -- TEAM SOUTH

TEAM S.O.B. - Founder & Captain

3x Streetbeat World Record Holder

2017 MWSPL 1st place Mayhem & 4th Xtreme 4 
2016 MWSPL 1st place Mayhem/2nd Adv 4/2nd Xtreme 4
2015 MWSPL 2nd place Mayhem & 4th Xtreme 4
2014 USACI 2nd place Streetbeat 5 - 162.6 db
2014 MWSPL 2nd place Xtreme 4 - 144.9 db
2013 USACI 1st place Streetbeat 4 - 161.9 db
2013 USACI 1st place Street Q+ - 162.8 db
2013 MWSPL 3rd Kaos2 & 4th Xtreme 4
2011 USACI 2nd place MOD 1001-2k - 160.0 db
2011 MWSPL 4th place: Adv3 - 157.8 db, Kaos2 - 150s db, Xtreme4 - 140s db
2010 ARSPL 1st place 501-750 - 160.3 db Arkansas loudest

Best score to date 164.4 db - Termlab Outlaw

Streetbeat 4 - 161.9 db

Streetbeat 5 - 162.6 db

MWSPL on Dash Legal door open (Music) - 162.5 db

Sealed on dash Legal (Music) - 161.1 db - Termlab

THE BLACK NASTY CURRENT BUILD & FAB

The Black Nasty (6) 15 Rebuild Log 2012

(4) 15 Walled Sierra Build Log

Evo X build log

Facebook page The Black Nasty

16163044_large.gif

• 4 weeks later...

I must say, this is one of the most detailed solutions to a problem I've ever seen presented by the consumer that purchased the goods. Well done onebadmonte! After reading this thread, I can't help but thinking that you may have been sent the incorrect kit for your vehicle . . . ?

FWIW - you were VERY smart to do before and after comparisons with the tensioner. I have the exact same issue with my Vortech supercharger installation on my 2003 Ford Mustang GT. The factory tensioners were simply not designed to have that kind of force placed on them. This forces the grease out of them over time and they fail as a result. This is very difficult to tell on my vehicle though as the tensioner is buried behind the supercharger head and not accessible (or even visible) from above the vehicle. I've had two fail, even after going to a longer belt after the first failed. What a PITA it is to replace them.

Tony Candela - SMD Sales & Marketing
Email me at [email protected] to learn about becoming an SMD Partner!

CEAES_468.gif

I must say, this is one of the most detailed solutions to a problem I've ever seen presented by the consumer that purchased the goods. Well done onebadmonte! After reading this thread, I can't help but thinking that you may have been sent the incorrect kit for your vehicle . . . ?

FWIW - you were VERY smart to do before and after comparisons with the tensioner. I have the exact same issue with my Vortech supercharger installation on my 2003 Ford Mustang GT. The factory tensioners were simply not designed to have that kind of force placed on them. This forces the grease out of them over time and they fail as a result. This is very difficult to tell on my vehicle though as the tensioner is buried behind the supercharger head and not accessible (or even visible) from above the vehicle. I've had two fail, even after going to a longer belt after the first failed. What a PITA it is to replace them.

Thanks. :drinks: I want to admit though that I'm not just an average consumer. I work in the aftermarket auto industry. Designing and testing engine accessory drives is part of what I do at work. I thought I would share an engineering perspective and real world fixes to help others out and show what to look for regarding setups like these. It's heart breaking to hear when one has invested so much just to have parts fail.

:)

Archived