• Last Reply

Dc, you ever clamped them?

What's your box rise look like?

yea i clamped them just under 12k at 1.9ohms :good:

TEAM DC AUDIO

VEHICLE:98 chevy tahoe 2wd 3-4 drop

HEADUNIT:alpine 9886

PREAMP:arcaudio

FRONT STAGE:4-6 1/2s selinium,DD component set and 4-selinium tweeters in each door

KICKPANELS:jl audio 5 1/4

REAR DOORS: dd components 6 1/2s

HIGHS AMPS:zapco 750.2 on front doors,zapco an another 750.2 on kicks and rear doors

SUBS:4-ascendant audio 18s with 5 spiders in a custom box built by KINGSUV

SUB AMP: 2-dc7.5s

ALTERNATORS: 3-mechmans 1- 425comp, 1-smd spec350, 1-270 with adj voltage harness on custom dc bracket

WIRE:10-runs 0g front to back

BATTERIES:6-d1400s

TL results:157.1 at 38hz and 156.8 at headrest score @37hz. STATE AND NATIONAL RECORD IN MECA S5.

Dc, you ever clamped them?

What's your box rise look like?

yea i clamped them just under 12k at 1.9ohms :good:

Dang I like that

yep mine are the lil bros compared to redbarons m4as wait till he wires them down. :popcorn:

TEAM DC AUDIO

FRONT STAGE:4-6 1/2s selinium,DD component set and 4-selinium tweeters in each door

HIGHS AMPS:zapco 750.2 on front doors,zapco an another 750.2 on kicks and rear doors

ALTERNATORS: 3-mechmans 1- 425comp, 1-smd spec350, 1-270 with adj voltage harness on custom dc bracket

TL results:157.1 at 38hz and 156.8 at headrest score @37hz. STATE AND NATIONAL RECORD IN MECA S5.

when there are issues, id like to see how they handle it. As im looking at some DD amps at the moment but warranty work scares the crap out of me. Ive never blown an amp but going to DD would be a step down from the amps i currently own so im skeptical.

lol step down? from massives? or a sq amp you have? ive been running my m4s at .35 for a year zero problems

sq amps.

As for the massives the db8000 hold no warranty, massive does not warranty them as they are competition only use...thats straight form them. im not looking for an M4 but the M series is one in the same so it interest me to know more concretely about them form people who install them and know what they do or dont like as well as what they have seen go wrong or right.

It would be nice to have them to match the rest of my build, just most of the time getting stuff warrantied is like pulling teeth if something does happen. I like knowing that the stack of cash i throw down on an amp is protected if something perhaps does go wrong unexpectedly.

I guess im more interested in numberical data like clamp numbers and how they respond to day to day normal operation rather then some burps. efficiency , as well as how much heat they produce is also something im interested in. As i currently run an amp with class A in it that can get pretty hot to the touch if i slam on it for a long period of time.

Its usually impossible to get pictures and concrete data without opinion out of anyone i've seen use DD amps though.

I have owned a z1 and z2lv in the past and had missed results with them, so it would be nice to know which amps architecture these amps are more simular to.

id love to have 2 z2lvs. <_< as far as warranty when i ran dd subs it was a pain talking to tech support at dd to get any help an when they blew they wanted pics etc,so im not sure what they will say if amp blows. it will die with low voltage just like any other amp but if you keep it fed power properly like i do then you shouldnt have any issues. ill let you here it next month an you can be the judge.

TEAM DC AUDIO

when there are issues, id like to see how they handle it. As im looking at some DD amps at the moment but warranty work scares the crap out of me. Ive never blown an amp but going to DD would be a step down from the amps i currently own so im skeptical.

lol step down? from massives? or a sq amp you have? ive been running my m4s at .35 for a year zero problems

sq amps.

As for the massives the db8000 hold no warranty, massive does not warranty them as they are competition only use...thats straight form them. im not looking for an M4 but the M series is one in the same so it interest me to know more concretely about them form people who install them and know what they do or dont like as well as what they have seen go wrong or right.

It would be nice to have them to match the rest of my build, just most of the time getting stuff warrantied is like pulling teeth if something does happen. I like knowing that the stack of cash i throw down on an amp is protected if something perhaps does go wrong unexpectedly.

I guess im more interested in numberical data like clamp numbers and how they respond to day to day normal operation rather then some burps. efficiency , as well as how much heat they produce is also something im interested in. As i currently run an amp with class A in it that can get pretty hot to the touch if i slam on it for a long period of time.

Its usually impossible to get pictures and concrete data without opinion out of anyone i've seen use DD amps though.

I have owned a z1 and z2lv in the past and had missed results with them, so it would be nice to know which amps architecture these amps are more simular to.

I run my daily I even have the DD s4b on mids n highs very little heat build up.I know james your more technical about it than me.but so far these amps are solid.but it all depends what works for each own.sometimes you just have to do it to learn your own results

And James, feel free to come get a demo of the Amps anytime!

Official Scores at the Dash. and YES. My Bass Boxing is louder than Burp! - 155.5 DB Drag Burp- 155.6 - IASCA Bass Boxing on music (30 seconds straight) sealed up Builds 1. The Acura Integra build = http://www.stevemead...s/page__st__6802. BLK SIN Build = http://www.stevemead...w-pics-10-6-07/

Archived